Arbroath vs Elgin

Same thing happened with Moore at morton they stormed the league at start then fell away and didn't get promoted , still think he is a good manager but seems to run out of steam if his teams get far ahead in the league

Genuinely been very unlucky with injuries. I'd take the position we are in atm over QP and Albions.

Hopefully Nicoll and McBride can get back and we can pick up again. 7 home games (and Mo away which is basically a home game) out of the last 12 need to make it count.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's alright saying of course they have to play , but at what cost to us , surely you should only be playing them if they are better than what you have , which in my opinion with Little that is not the case , also if that were true what your saying is they will play in front of Nichol and Mcbride when fit ,surely not !

At this stage of the season it is usually experienced guys who have been in similar positions and know how to react to the situation and grind out results rather than talented young players which will get the points to win titles IMO. If we can get Nicoll back then a back four of Little Nicoll Gordon Johnstone would have an experienced look to it and the know how to pull us through.

Realistic team for tomorrow:

1 - McCallum

2 - Little

3 - Johnstone

4 - McGeever (Nicol if fit)

5 - Gordon

6 - Whatley

7 - Linn

8 - Hunter/ Stewart

9 - McManus

10 - Murray

11 - Grant/ Carreiro

I would like to see Grant get a start on the left hand side, but he was poorish last week and with Carreiro coming back into the fold he may have to settle for a place on the bench. Also find it very difficult to choose between Adam Hunter/ Keiran Stewart.

Realistic team for tomorrow:

1 - McCallum

2 - Little

3 - Johnstone

4 - McGeever (Nicol if fit)

5 - Gordon

6 - Whatley

7 - Linn

8 - Hunter/ Stewart

9 - McManus

10 - Murray

11 - Grant/ Carreiro

I would like to see Grant get a start on the left hand side, but he was poorish last week and with Carreiro coming back into the fold he may have to settle for a place on the bench. Also find it very difficult to choose between Adam Hunter/ Keiran Stewart.

That would be my line up too, but with Nicoll in midfield and Grant and Carreiro on the bench. I think the youngsters have played well in central defence and Nicoll adds bite and experience in front of them.

Another difficult game to call. As an Elgin fan, taking into account the recent form of both teams I should be reasonably confident of getting a result. Only problem being when I feel confident of an Elgin result they usually don't perform. Part of our recent improvement has been our vastly improved defence. We have not lost a goal apart from penalties since December. If we can keep that up there are always goals in the team.

Archived