Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Another thing on Hastings being dirty. He's never been that active in the field, has he? Doing his best to clear his own name.

Is it not normal for the Superintendent to stay in the office and co-ordinate operations, as it were?

He does get about a little bit.  In the last episode he visited Tim Ifield's flat, went to the woods were Roz had buried clothes, went to ACC Hilton's office and then to his suicide location, from my memory...

Is it not normal for the Superintendent to stay in the office and co-ordinate operations, as it were?
He does get about a little bit.  In the last episode he visited Tim Ifield's flat, went to the woods were Roz had buried clothes, went to ACC Hilton's office and then to his suicide location, from my memory...

If it was suicide......

31 minutes ago, dogmc said:

If it was suicide......

Well, quite.  I think I may well be addicted to this programme.  I might get the DTs if I need to wait a year to find out what's happening with Hastings and the real bad guys pulling the strings.

Well, quite.  I think I may well be addicted to this programme.  I might get the DTs if I need to wait a year to find out what's happening with Hastings and the real bad guys pulling the strings.

Two years according to earlier on this thread......sorry fella

5 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Two years according to earlier on this thread......sorry fella

Ya wee witch.

4 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

For what it's worth I thought the final scenes were totally non suspicious. A bit of a symbolic exercise. Folk reading too much into things.

I think he's the big boss though. It's going to be phenomenal.

I was talking to the Mrs about this.  Jed Mercurio is too much of a good writer to have Hastings be the bad guy.  He's written those last couple of scenes in to plant seeds of doubt in the viewer's mind and make them ponder things a bit more until series 5.

It's designed to throw us off the scent. 

I was talking to the Mrs about this.  Jed Mercurio is too much of a good writer to have Hastings be the bad guy.  He's written those last couple of scenes in to plant seeds of doubt in the viewer's mind and make them ponder things a bit more until series 5.
It's designed to throw us off the scent. 

Whichever way it goes we are all talking about it a sure sign that mercurio has done a brilliant job

I don't know if this has been mentioned, and I can't believe it took me until the last episode to spot this, but the boy who brilliantly played Michael Farmer was Methadone Mick from Still Game.

ETA: Just noticed it has been mentioned on here.

Edited by Fide

9 hours ago, Fide said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, and I can't believe it took me until the last episode to spot this, but the boy who brilliantly played Michael Farmer was Methadone Mick from Still Game.

yeah thats why he wasnt in the live shows at the hydro recently

Watched the final episode again. The suggestions about ted being dodged are a lot more subtle and ambiguous that I'd first noticed. It's really cleverly done. Think mercurio knows fans of the show jump on every tiny detail and he's played on that perfectly. Surely they won't make us wait two years??

On 04/05/2017 at 05:20, Fide said:

YASSSSSS! Someone slower than me!

(Sorry fella)

• 1 month later...