Line of Duty.

John Lambies Doos

My only problem with the end was the wild change in tone. But the series was escalating pretty wildly over the last few episodes, so it was always likely to get a bit mental and Cotton was always going to get caught out so the way it ended isn't really a big deal. Just happened incredibly suddenly and it threw me a bit.

Just watched the last episode - absolutely magnificent TV - best thing I've watched in ages . That Steve Arnott interview was 23 minutes long and Cottan's interview not far off the same - who knew coppers talking in a room could be so spellbinding. When the BBC gets it right as they have with this series you remember why they are the finest broadcaster in the world.

I'm gonna put it out there, the last 10 minutes were utter nonsense and ruined it for me.

After the claustrophobic nature of the rest of the brilliant episode, it was a fitting finale, also fitting was Adrian Dunbar dominating the interview scenes, superb 

Hastings has been a superb character all season.

It's fitting that it was interviews that were really the big thing in the finale given that the interview scenes in this series were consistently great. The Cotton and Walden ones in particular were absolutely top notch.

I didn't want to go into this thread until after LOD finished as I'm obsessive about not knowing what happens in my favourite TV programmes until I watch them.

I had expected this series to be a completely new story so I was delighted when Lindsay Denton reappeared. I can't ever remember a TV character who could have you sympathising with her one moment and wishing she was banged up for life the next. If Keeley Hawes doesn't get a Bafta this time round something's far wrong.

I would agree about the ending being implausible but many dramas and films have this problem. I also agree with the praise for the interviews. They were every bit as good as Denton's in the last series.

All in all just fantastic and definitely in my top half dozen dramas of all time(true Detective series 1 in there as well dogmc).