Dyslexia Scotland Junior Cup

Nocko

oh well junior football will let the country know about it then..And stagecoach offered to sponsor.they were turned down, good authority on this..rusty relationship from previous apparently,. I have nothing against raising awareness to afflictions in life but do you honestly believe this is gonna do anything for dyslexia or junior football? Seriously think about that..How many will see this on alba haha come on..

Well done on ripping to bits the one big selling point of sponsorship i.e. national TV coverage of the final

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh well junior football will let the country know about it then..And stagecoach offered to sponsor.they were turned down, good authority on this..rusty relationship from previous apparently,. I have nothing against raising awareness to afflictions in life but do you honestly believe this is gonna do anything for dyslexia or junior football? Seriously think about that..How many will see this on alba haha come on..

So they had an offer that was rejected by the SJFA. Have any of the member clubs asked for clarification or details on what was offered and exactly why it was rejected or is it down solely to good authority and hearsay?

I`m not suggesting it will reach any of the masses and that it will spark a huge turnaround in the fortunes of people who suffer from Dyslexia. My point is that by aligning themselves with something like this the SJFA will have done themselves and the Junior game itself no harm. As I said previously sponsors now look well beyond any product they are asked to endorse/promote and by showing they promote social inclusion (no matter what you think of it) the SJFA are pointing in the right direction. In general they have miles to go but attracting sponsors and raising awareness of the Junior game now goes well beyond the notion of "ok we are Junior football can you sponsor us please" inclusion at local levels,engagement with Primary Schools,youth groups etc, etc These things are a sponsors dream even if the core product is guff. That`s the starting point and not just a "flagship sponsor" for our "flagship tournament".

Tom Johnstone and the SJFA are to be congratulated on accepting sponsorship in order to highlight the problems of Dyslexia. They would be well aware that the usual 'would be comedians' could not resist the opportunity to sconse at those who have Dyslexia.

Well summed up by glesgaboy, who seems to have upset waffen thin mint, who seemed to relent a wee bit in his first reply. Of course like many disputes here it has ended up 'Aye Ye Did' 'Naw a didny' Glesgaboy ahead in points after R3.

"THE DYSLEXIA SCOTTISH JUNIOR CUP" I like it, quite apt really. Well done Tom.

They offered to sponsor it but they could have been offering 2.50 for all we know. I know the countrys not in recession but still a lot of businesses struggling. Still plenty getting laid off even businesses that weren't struggling before are now. Should get Aldi or Lidl to sponsor it since everyone loves them. Reason they are popular is because the country is struggling.

They offered to sponsor it but they could have been offering 2.50 for all we know. I know the countrys not in recession but still a lot of businesses struggling. Still plenty getting laid off even businesses that weren't struggling before are now. Should get Aldi or Lidl to sponsor it since everyone loves them. Reason they are popular is because the country is struggling.

That and the banana yoghurts at Aldi are amazin'!

Glegaboy seems to have ditched discussing football and moved on to racism , dislexia and mental health problems . Good that he's got at least 2 out of three where he knows what he's talking about cos he sure knows f... all about fitba

I hear Sky are looking for a pund-tit to replace Charlie Nicholas. Why don`t you apply? On the basis of your last post you`ll walk straight into the job....let`s see how long it takes you to work it out....

Tom Johnstone and the SJFA are to be congratulated on accepting sponsorship in order to highlight the problems of Dyslexia. They would be well aware that the usual 'would be comedians' could not resist the opportunity to sconse at those who have Dyslexia.

Well summed up by glesgaboy, who seems to have upset waffen thin mint, who seemed to relent a wee bit in his first reply. Of course like many disputes here it has ended up 'Aye Ye Did' 'Naw a didny' Glesgaboy ahead in points after R3.

Actually was this not the best goal scored in Scottish junior history

Did You See LEX In Action Scottish Junior Cup

I think it's great that the partnership is in place. It makes no odds whether there is a sponsor like Emirates involved -the same amount of money seems to go into the pot for the participating clubs. So if the profile of a charity can be raised I'm happy with that. Junior football as a concept and model is fucked - that's why it has no attraction for business.

Well done on ripping to bits the one big selling point of sponsorship i.e. national TV coverage of the final

Sorry jimbo,but if the big selling point really is a couple of hours coverage on a 'minority' channel that supplies a commentary in Gaelic,then it's not hard to see why we struggle for sponsorship. :(

ETA Actually, the real surprise here isn't the adoption of Dyslexia Scotland by the SJFA, but rather that any organisation would seek to gain a' wider awareness' by aligning itself with a body that's firmly entrenched in the 1950s,and that has,under the stewardship of some genuine incompetents who treat their members with disdain whilst rejecting any form of criticism,become a laughing stock in fitba circles.

If your so clever you get a sponsor. Lets be realistic whos going to sponsor it. Most national businesses that are interested in football sponsor teams. We are in a struggling economy. Tell me whos going to sponsor it?

Hasn't stopped William Hill, QTS, Petrofac, the Sun, P&J, Fosters, etc. all sponsoring Scottish tournaments at league and non-league level. Or Emirates a couple of seasons back.

So they had an offer that was rejected by the SJFA. Have any of the member clubs asked for clarification or details on what was offered and exactly why it was rejected or is it down solely to good authority and hearsay?

I`m not suggesting it will reach any of the masses and that it will spark a huge turnaround in the fortunes of people who suffer from Dyslexia. My point is that by aligning themselves with something like this the SJFA will have done themselves and the Junior game itself no harm. As I said previously sponsors now look well beyond any product they are asked to endorse/promote and by showing they promote social inclusion (no matter what you think of it) the SJFA are pointing in the right direction. In general they have miles to go but attracting sponsors and raising awareness of the Junior game now goes well beyond the notion of "ok we are Junior football can you sponsor us please" inclusion at local levels,engagement with Primary Schools,youth groups etc, etc These things are a sponsors dream even if the core product is guff. That`s the starting point and not just a "flagship sponsor" for our "flagship tournament".

I have no reason to not believe the manager at stagecoach is lying to me.none at all..I also don't see what he would have to gain out of saying they offered sponsor and got frosty reception due to past difficulties! You say it's done no harm?ok that's fair enough but what good has getting a sponsor that aren't giving the competition money any good.or are they taking money from a charity haha.god sake get a proper sponsor on board that funds the trophy..anyway am not on mission to argue about it.its done now but I don't think it's correct direction for our level..

Happy to congratulate them on obtaining "sponsorship" you refer to, but have they? How much is being handed over?

I can see the benefit of this 'arrangement' for Dyslexia Scotland. But what precisely will the benefit be to the SJFA and the Scottish Junior Cup competition?

While I am sure we will all enjoy the few Junior Cup games remaining this season feeling a bit warmer and more cuddly, but beyond that, what?

Maybe I am missing something here? Would love to know what it is.

Without wanting to point score - when Emirates packed up I suggested that we should have a charity partnership until a new sponsor was found.

Sadly there is a huge problem with the SFA and SJFA either in terms of their marketing of football in this country, the value they are putting on the product or their skills in being able to attract any sponsors to football

I have an issue with the title of this cup. My own suggestion would be The Scottish Junior Cup - and either Working with Dyslexia Scotland or Supporting Dyslexia Scotland.

My clubs website has supported charities for the last 7 years, mainly local ones but also Breast cancer, cat and dog homes and currently a charity called sporting memories network.

www.musselburghathletic.com

However it should be said that it would take 5 minutes to attract a sponsor for the website for example you simply need to get off your arse and start banging on doors.

I do however congratulate the SJFA on finally getting behind a charity but hope they don't sit back and ignore the fact that whilst charity is important hard cash pays bills.

Archived