QT - Glasgow 5th March

It will be interesting to see if the car sticker/window poster fad carries on from the referendum with the new found connection to politics in Scotland.. Used to be back in the day loads of houses had their window posters up at election time, but this died away over the years until the referendum. I had a Yes poster up, but I won't be putting a party one up. I've got a sneaky suspicion the Labour Party might go all out for the window posters this election.

I still see Yes posters up. There was a fucking huge Yes sign sitting outside a B&B along the main road at Brodick when I was there the other week.

SLab knew the writing was on the wall months ago, which is why any council they still have control of has fought tooth and nail to make sure public signage is banned in time for the GE. They'll still be massively outfought in the window campaign because a) their core vote is auld gits that keep their curtains closed and b) they've got no street presence to get stickers into people's hands.

Val McDermid an interesting choice for the sixth guest. Surely 2:1 is the most evenly-balanced panel in BBC history. Toby Young is going to go down like a lead balloon with "I CAUSE EBOLA" written on the side of it in Glasgow anyway, no matter if the entire audience has been bussed in from the Borders.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got form for it tbh. Using words like petal at the end of a sentence as a put down towards a man if they make a fool of you in an argument. Not a massive issue, but would be nice if you didn't resort to it.

I think you should calm down, love, and have a little cup of tea.

?

I'd put a comma after 'oops' if you're playing that game.

I wasn't the one fucking up a post whilst claiming that someone was silly.

How about answering what exactly was homphobic about the post. Or you could, you know, just admit that you are throwing around accusation based on nothing but your own insecurities.

I wasn't the one fucking up a post whilst claiming that someone was silly.

How about answering what exactly was homphobic about the post. Or you could, you know, just admit that you are throwing around accusation based on nothing but your own insecurities.

As I have said, trying to belittle someone in such a way.

So not homophobic then. No doubt you will be big enough to apologise.

I think that using gay stereotypes and calling people petal to try and belittle them when they've been shown up in an argument is wrong. You think it's fine, I don't.

I will however admit I was wrong to bring Confi's mental health into any debate post September. It was wrong and I apologise for being part of the big group of people ridiculing him during a difficult time.

I picture you saying the above to me with your hands on your hips before flouncing out the room.

Resorting to homophobia again when you're made to look silly. Nice.

I think that using gay stereotypes and calling people petal to try and belittle them when they've been shown up in an argument is wrong. You think it's fine, I don't.

Only he didn't call you petal before you started throwing around your accusation.

Maybe you can enlighten me and tell me which part is homophobic, is it the hands on the hips or the flouncing out the room?

Only he didn't call you petal before you started throwing around your accusation.

Maybe you can enlighten me and tell me which part is homophobic, is it the hands on the hips or the flouncing out the room?

Erm, he has in the past.

I believe trying to belittle someone by using that stereotype is homophobic. You don't obviously.

I like how the poster claiming how sad it was to start a thread about Question time currently has almost 3x more posts than anyone else on the thread about Question Time.

If he were to shut up then how would we to know how not bothered he was about it?

Hmm not sure this type of stuff is really on.

By all means rip BetwickMad for the absolute slavering he does on a daily basis but no need for the gay chat.

There was only one poster on this thread that brought up homophobia and gay stereotyping.

There was an earlier post suggesting this but the panel has been confirmed as: Danny Alexander, Humza Yousaf, Ruth Davidson, Kezia Dugdale, Toby Young and Val McDermid.

Shame Patrick Harvie isn't on it but at least the SNP's representative is a competent one.

Hopefully Danny Alexander is asked about the prospect of keeping his seat. Seeing him squirm will be glorious. :D

There was an earlier post suggesting this but the panel has been confirmed as: Danny Alexander, Humza Yousaf, Ruth Davidson, Kezia Dugdale, Toby Young and Val McDermid.

Shame Patrick Harvie isn't on it but at least the SNP's representative is a competent one.

Hopefully Danny Alexander is asked about the prospect of keeping his seat. Seeing him squirm will be glorious. :D

Two Tories though, bizarre, hold on including Danny, three Tories

There was only one poster on this thread that brought up homophobia and gay stereotyping.

Aye me, because I believe that's what it is. It doesn't matter who it's aimed at. I'm not offended by it or anything, just don't think there's any need for it.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/01/feisty-flounce-bossy-words-put-women-down

There's a quick article which says: "Flounce

A word so feminine it conjures up lace petticoats. You cannot flounce out of a confrontation while wearing “manly” things such as a space suit or a pair of safety goggles. It requires frills, a swishy skirt, and a bouncy hairdo, even metaphorically, which is why it is only ever aimed at women. And sometimes gay men, revealing its user as a sexist homophobe."

So it isn't just me who thinks so. Never mind demanding I apologise for having a homophobic insult aimed in my direction.

Archived