Has Jackie quit?

I don't know about spin, it's just a fact -Thistle 2 wins from 7 finals (including the Challenge Cup)

United 4 wins from 18 (including the Challenge Cup and UEFA Cup)

Thanks, I did understand the point you were making. I suppose it depends whether you think winning two cup finals is better than winning four cup finals. Or indeed whether getting to 7 cup finals is better than getting to 18.

It's certainly a fact that Thistle aren't as good at getting to cup finals or winning cups. Depends how you want to phrase it. That's what makes it spin.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I did understand the point you were making. I suppose it depends whether you think winning two cup finals is better than winning four cup finals. Or indeed whether getting to 7 cup finals is better than getting to 18.

It's certainly a fact that Thistle aren't as good at getting to cup finals or winning cups. Depends how you want to phrase it. That's what makes it spin.

I did consider that angle. Winning two is only half as good as winning four. However, losing 14 is nearly three times worse than losing five.

As for your second paragraph, when Thistle do get to a cup final they are better at winning them than United.

I did consider that angle. Winning two is only half as good as winning four. However, losing 14 is nearly three times worse than losing five.

As for your second paragraph, when Thistle do get to a cup final they are better at winning them than United.

This is fascinating stuff.

A thread for a twitter rumour :lol:

It doesn't even have that much credibility. It's a United Mad rumour by the looks of things. Most of them seem to want Jackie and 'the baldy snake' in charge of our fantastically well run club out the doors of Tannadice which is pretty bizarre really.

thistle have never been in a cup final

Not only is this a fail given our League Cup and Scottish Cup victories in 1971-72 and 1920-21 respectively, but it also not even true with respect to McNamara's departure. He left in-between our Challenge Cup semi-final victory over Cowdenbeath and the final against Queen of the South. The "in a cup final" remark could scacely be more apt.

Not only is this a fail given our League Cup and Scottish Cup victories in 1971-72 and 1920-21 respectively, but it also not even true with respect to McNamara's departure. He left in-between our Challenge Cup semi-final victory over Cowdenbeath and the final against Queen of the South. The "in a cup final" remark could scacely be more apt.

You must all think me rather foolish.

Must... resist... 8Mile joke.

If you had, one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted. One moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?

_74930251_9921959.jpg

article-2631317-1DF204CC00000578-100_634

This would have been better if I was a St Johnstone fan.

If you had, one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted. One moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?

_74930251_9921959.jpg

article-2631317-1DF204CC00000578-100_634

This would have been better if I was a St Johnstone fan.

Well you've cheered me up this morning :)

Can we have this image blown up and projected onto the Firhill bing please?

The best terrible photoshop in the history of the internet.

I'm not even sure its a photoshop, looks more like a Paint effort.

There was a thread on United Mad about a week ago, suggesting that Peterborough wanted him, I dismissed it as nonsense as Mad rumours usually are. Whether he's staying on or not, all doesn't seem well at Tannadice right now. Someone is unhappy. Think there's more to this than just a rumour that's got blown out of proportion.

That being said, can't see him leaving.

I wouldn't be happy at losing my two best players and not being able to replace them. He should have been allowed to keep them till end of the season. Their chances of a cup win and challenging at the top of the league destroyed.

Archived