Pitch Invasions

ForzaDundee

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last pitch invasion at Villa Park happened when the ref tossed the coin before kick off and Deadly Doug came sprinting out the stand to catch it.

It hit him on the back of the head....

I was at a raith game up at Tannadice years ago where a solitary fan jumped the fence and made good his escape from a steward. This opened the flood gates as a host of characters in fancy dress followed thus trail blazer.

All because we'd been relegated weeks earlier.

I was at a raith game up at Tannadice years ago where a solitary fan jumped the fence and made good his escape from a steward. This opened the flood gates as a host of characters in fancy dress followed thus trail blazer.

All because we'd been relegated weeks earlier.

That was at least at full time in the last game of the season though.

It's not an easy one.

At times they are harmless fun and actually add to the atmosphere and sense of occasion.

But players safety is crucial. There are nutters out there, and supposedly a west brom player got hit twice yesterday. Even fabian delph got bitten by his own supporters for Christ sake. That kind of shit can't really be justified.

The only game I've been to where there has been a celebratory pitch invasion was the Highland League Cup final last year. #scenes

981871_797001903643607_44902567033422849

That poor sheep's John McVeigh is a tit must have been in tatters.

Been in 2 pitch invasions: one for winning the 1st Division, the other for snatching 3rd in the Premiership on the last day and qualifying for Europe. Both perfectly acceptable times to invade the field of play.

You can't have pitch invasions willy-nilly. That takes away the magic of the occasion and puts people at risk. Last nights pitch invasion was by all accounts done in retaliation to Albion fans tearing seats out and their players could have been attacked by Villa fans. Sounded like a venomous atmosphere. Pitch invasions do not mix with venomous atmospheres.

Been in 2 pitch invasions: one for winning the 1st Division, the other for snatching 3rd in the Premiership on the last day and qualifying for Europe. Both perfectly acceptable times to invade the field of play.

You can't have pitch invasions willy-nilly. That takes away the magic of the occasion and puts people at risk. Last nights pitch invasion was by all accounts done in retaliation to Albion fans tearing seats out and their players could have been attacked by Villa fans. Sounded like a venomous atmosphere. Pitch invasions do not mix with venomous atmospheres.

Last sentence sums it up.

But it's impossible to have a rule that can cope with that difference.

They need to be banned, and as a result action has to be taken against the offending clubs. You just hope that common sense prevails when it's done in the right spirit.

I've been involved in two, both when I was much younger. At the end of the Partick playoff at Tannadice I ran onto the pitch from the Shed so I must have been 13. Then against St.Johnstone at McDiarmid when we won 3-2 to stay up. The way that game went it meant there was no way we weren't going on the pitch at the end of that. Talk about an emotional roller coaster of an afternoon! Special thanks to one Paul Hartley for getting sent off that day to help our cause.

Archived