World Cup 2018 Qualifying

Was working late tonight so couldn't make the NZ v Solomon Islands game. The amount of people who didn't even know there was an international game on is quite sad really.

If NZ win I'm sure the play off will likely be in Wellington though sadly.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the f**k is Sampaoli alienating Gonzalo Higuain and picking Mauro Icardi? Doesn't he know that no-one likes the wee rat b*****d?

Higuain can sometimes misfire but he has a great record and at least he has never shagged one of his team-mates' wives and rubbed it in on social media.

Add in the fact that Messi is friends with said team-mate and we have a clusterfuck waiting to happen which may result in Russia 2018 being Argentina-less.

1 hour ago, IggyStooge said:

Why the f**k is Sampaoli alienating Gonzalo Higuain and picking Mauro Icardi? Doesn't he know that no-one likes the wee rat b*****d?

Higuain can sometimes misfire but he has a great record and at least he has never shagged one of his team-mates' wives and rubbed it in on social media.

Add in the fact that Messi is friends with said team-mate and we have a clusterfuck waiting to happen which may result in Russia 2018 being Argentina-less.

He's got 5 goals in 11 at World Cups, but 3 of those were in one game against South Korea. Hardly prolific at the highest level and at 29, Sampaoli may feel like it's worth finding a long-term alternative.

I think they'll qualify as they've got two very favourable home games and avoided defeat in a tricky away last night.

Icardi has played twice and has yet to score.

Higuain has about 30-odd goals in 60-odd caps.

I am no fan of Higuain and Aguero always flatters to deceive with the Albiceleste (when he's not injured) but both of those are far better options and the discord that Icardi's selection brings is hardly worth it.

I'd rather he wasn't in there. It remains to be seen if my resolve would perhaps soften were he to score the winning goals in the next two games.  :whistle

For what it's worth. I think Argentina have the right man in charge now. Just surprised he went with Icardi and was so scathing in his criticism of Higuain.

USA lose 2-0, only one home game left. Their visit to Honduras is crucial but they've played the top two twice. Mexico qualified last night without the drama of he last few occasions. 7th consecutive qualification and gone out in second round each time.

Spain v Italy is on ITV4 so I'm assuming Sky don't have the rights to show highlights straight away.

Not on the red button, no? Still, I'd rather they'd use the hour slot to round up the other games.
Well worked goal there.

Archived