Ireland away - June 2015

paul-r-cfc

Just cos you keep repeating it doesnae mean its true. Still not one person has said what Scotland has done that makes them a level above Ireland. Big games? Biggest game in our group is Germany. We drew, you lost. Biggest friendly we've both had is England. We drew, you lost. So basically it's all total shite.

It makes us a level above Ireland because we won at home, and drew at your place, even when we were in 2nd gear for first half. If we are level on points at the end of qualifying group, third equal, then we will go through on head-to-head results.

I believe FIFA for what its worth rank us above Ireland also.

As for Germany, fair play on the draw there, but you still have them to play at home, I would hardly say its a forgone conclusion for Ireland to get the points.

Draws are Ireland's biggest enemy if you look at group. O'Neill's tactics are holding team back.

England is hardly worth mentioning, as England were charged for that night, due to media, etc, there was something to play for. Ireland game was almost a bounce match, as no one wanted to get get injured, etc

Are you real? Or a troll?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gi ye heads a shake seriously, you're obsessed!!! Where you were born is only a small part of who you are so I really dinnae need your confirmation about being Irish, thanks anyway. The question wasnae even about me, it's about this delusion that Scotland are suddenly world beaters & Ireland are suddenly shite without any facts to back it up. :blink:

irate-celtic-fan1.png

Most of the time it actually does though.

Better teams have better players 99% of the time, it's really quite simple

I'd also say the fact Poland consistently look much better than us makes them a better team.....oh and the small matter of being top of the fucking table!!!! :lol:

So Poland are better than Germany then, you know the world champions?

You really are a moron.

You really are a moron.

Without having a single player from Celtic in the team as well, a true against all odds type story.

Jesus wept. Is this the same Poland side who lave lost and drawn against Scotland in Warsaw in the last 18 months? And indeed, the same Poland side who have already played 3 our of their 4 games against Georgia and Gibraltar?

Did Greece have the best players when they won Euro 2004? What about Chelsea when they won the CL in 2012?

Of course Greece didn't have the best players but they are the exception rather than the rule.

And Chelsea still had a very good squad in 2012, just because their manager(s) decided to shitfest their way to the trophy doesn't mean the players weren't among the best in the world.

I'd be here all night if I listed the winners of tournaments where it's pretty much universally accepted that the team have some of the best players in that particular competition.

Did I?

I think you'll find I did nothing of the sort! ;)

At least you've shown your inability to be objective about a players footballing ability, our players aren't that great, as shown by the level they're playing at.

International football is a team game , based on tactics largely instead of club football where individuals can go off on one a bit more, individual players not so much. (unless you are talking about the top guys. none of which play for Scotland, Ireland or Poland)

Our team is good enough to beat the Poland team certainly

Dinnae forget it would've been 3 tournaments without Henry being a cheating b*****d.

Absolutely spot on. In a play off tie that Ireland were never in front and at the moment of the handball there was only one team that was going to win (not Ireland) the ROI were definitely going to qualify. Definitely.

I love the revisionism surrounding that incident. History rewritten in front of my very eyes.

ETA: Rangers never died and Beckham's free kick against Greece meant England didn't get knocked out.

You really are a moron.

Probably not over the course of this campaign but they still might end up better, they got a good result against the world champions in part because they have some players better than their German equivalents! :P

Oh Jeez. Lot o big teams in there. Did say at FT to friends that the draw maybe not good enough;That above confirms

Are you trolling or just a bit daft?

Yesterday's result places automatic qualification squarely in our own hands.

Probably not over the course of this campaign but they still might end up better, they got a good result against the world champions in part because they have some players better than their German equivalents! :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

International football is a team game , based on tactics largely instead of club football where individuals can go off on one a bit more, individual players not so much. (unless you are talking about the top guys. none of which play for Scotland, Ireland or Poland)

Our team is good enough to beat the Poland team certainly

Somebody better get in touch with Pep and tell him he's not got one of the best strikers in the world at his club. :lol:

Do you even know who Robert Lewandowski is? :huh:

The guy that is completely heads gone about Gordon Greer? :lol:

Aye , wouldn't get in the Germany xi

The guy that is completely heads gone about Gordon Greer? :lol:

Aye , wouldn't get in the Germany xi

:lol: What a fucking idiot, why did Bayern sign him then?

Germany don't have decent CF just look at their squad, they're fortunate to have Thomas Muller!

Dinnae forget it would've been 3 tournaments without Henry being a cheating b*****d.

This revisionist history is rampant from the Southern Irish camp. I remember sitting in a sports bar in Barcelona watching one of the group games in the South Africa WC and talking to this Irish lass (And I mean an actual Southern Irelander, not a "ghirl" from Drumchapel) who was cursing and swearing about how France shouldn't be in it.

What you people forget is that the game was heading for penalties before Henry scored so it's not like S.Ireland would have qualified if not for the goal.

This revisionist history is rampant from the Southern Irish camp. I remember sitting in a sports bar in Barcelona watching one of the group games in the South Africa WC and talking to this Irish lass (And I mean an actual Southern Irelander, not a "ghirl" from Drumchapel) who was cursing and swearing about how France shouldn't be in it.

What you people forget is that the game was heading for penalties before Henry scored so it's not like S.Ireland would have qualified if not for the goal.

Nice use of the word revisionist. Sort of beat you to it, though. :P

My point stands though, what have Scotland done? The best result either of us have had recently was our draw in Germany. So how can Scotland fans think they should be winning at the Aviva? There's nothing to justify it at all & if anything the opposite is true. Ireland should be beating Scotland at home. Massively shite result for us & a good result for you.

You are scottish. Shut yer puss you tert

Gi ye heads a shake seriously, you're obsessed!!! Where you were born is only a small part of who you are so I really dinnae need your confirmation about being Irish, thanks anyway. The question wasnae even about me, it's about this delusion that Scotland are suddenly world beaters & Ireland are suddenly shite without any facts to back it up. :blink:

Aye, I get that. I've got some Irish on both sides of the family - 2 gens back but am very much Scottish. You've probably had an average Scots upbringing like I have. Watch the same sport, eat the same food, speak the same language mostly... so what makes you Irish and me Scottish? Sure, I speak Gaelic and learned some Irish too but we probably both speak English with a similar accent.

I really don't get this at all. How does your 'Irishness' manifest itself? Is it purely because of which fitba team you support? And i've met many Celtic fans over the years who were desparate to find some Irish ancestor or other. Hibs fans on the other hand don't seem bothered. Certainly, whenever I've been in Eire, the Irish folk I meet seem totally different to the Celtic fans we all know here. I can mind being in Gaeltacht Donegal a few years back and seeing the 'Glasgow Irish' visiting. They stuck out like sore thumbs. The Weege were all fat, wore Celtic tops and swaggered around like they owned the place with their gold medallions and tattoos. The local lads we met all played Hurley, spoke Gaelic and didn't really bother about Association Football at all.

Sure, some of these things are personal but if I claimed to be Chinese because I used to do KungFu and like my noodles, I'd soon be called on it.

I'd be here all night if I listed the winners of tournaments where it's pretty much universally accepted that the team have some of the best players in that particular competition.

Which is nothing to do with what's being discussed. Nobody's disputing that, generally, teams with better individuals are better than teams with poorer individuals.

But cherry picking the best players from one team and saying 'these two or three guys are better than players on the opposing team and play for bigger clubs' isn't the same is that and is pretty dumb.

Which Poland players are better than which, specific German equivalents?

Archived