Ireland away - June 2015

paul-r-cfc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But in the majority, yes? So how could they lose to them?

Probably not over the course of this campaign but they still might end up better, they got a good result against the world champions in part because they have some players better than their German equivalents! :P

Posted earlier^^^^

Having one or two great players can make all the difference, and to get back to the original debate, Poland have a few, we have none!

Aye, exactly so we had our chance of the World Cup taken away by a cheating b*****d & shite refs. You cannae say that we wouldnae have made it, we were cheated out of our chance.

Chance of the World Cup Finals? You're revising your revisionism. Excellent work.

ETA: Yewouldnae've made it. Seriously. Yuwurgettinpumped.

Lewandowski and Milik are better than Germanys strikers.

Piszczek is better than any German FB.

Blaszczykowski is as good as any German winger.

I don't think that's a bad start tbh.

Milik better than Volland and Kruse? Blaszczykowski better than Reus? Deary fucking me.

Probably not over the course of this campaign but they still might end up better, they got a good result against the world champions in part because they have some players better than their German equivalents! :P

Posted earlier^^^^

Having one or two great players can make all the difference, and to get back to the original debate, Poland have a few, we have none!

OK, now we're making progress. Yes, having very good players does help to make a team better. But it's a bit more complicated than looking at how big the clubs which a team's best players play for.

Some daft entrenched arguments developing now. Poland have a few players that are better than anything we have(although that obviously doesn't mean we can't beat them), there's not a country in the world that wouldn't be delighted to have Lewandowski and Southern Ireland are a hammer throwing gang atm, not really much to debate.

OK, now we're making progress. Yes, having very good players does help to make a team better. But it's a bit more complicated than looking at how big the clubs which a team's best players play for.

Making progress? I've been saying it from the start, those players have consistently proven themselves to really good players which is why they play for really good clubs!

Milk will go on to prove himself a better player than volland or kruse, Germany don't seem to produce great centre forwards any more....they had to nick their last one from Poland!

True but Blaszczykowski is as good if not better than Schurrle imo.

Utter tripe. Schurrle is arguably the most important forward player the Jerries have.

Reus is probably on the same level as Kuba and Schurrle is better than both.

Football doesn't work like that mate. Having a couple of players better than anything Scotland have doesn't automatically make them a better team by default.

No but constantly scoring more goals n beating world champions does....so given they've fulfilled those three criteria what in our last 5 performances makes us better than Poland? ?

Making progress? I've been saying it from the start, those players have consistently proven themselves to really good players which is why they play for really good clubs!

Milk will go on to prove himself a better player than volland or kruse, Germany don't seem to produce great centre forwards any more....they had to nick their last one from Poland!

Milik wouldn't get near the Germany team because they don't play with an out and out #9 anyway.

In 2 minds about the Poland game at Hampden. On one hand it reminds me of the game against the Czech Republic where we Hibsed it and drew 2-2 when we absolutely needed a win, on the other hand it reminds me of the Ukraine game where we were in total control and led 2-0 in the opening minutes.

Right now though both are considerably better than Milik, who just 12 months ago completed an unsuccessful loan spell at Augsburg, while those two had excellent seasons in the same league. He had a decent season with Ajax, while Kruse and Volland had decent seasons in a far superior league.

That isn't anything like what you were saying at the start.

Archived