Ireland away - June 2015

paul-r-cfc

Which is nothing to do with what's being discussed. Nobody's disputing that, generally, teams with better individuals are better than teams with poorer individuals.

But cherry picking the best players from one team and saying 'these two or three guys are better than players on the opposing team and play for bigger clubs' isn't the same is that and is pretty dumb.

WTF kind of contradictory nonsense is this? :lol:

Better players usually make better teams unless the better players play for Poland? Am I getting that right? :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which Poland players are better than which, specific German equivalents?

Lewandowski and Milik are better than Germanys strikers.

Piszczek is better than any German FB.

Blaszczykowski is as good as any German winger.

I don't think that's a bad start tbh.

:lol: What a fucking idiot, why did Bayern sign him then?

Germany don't have decent CF just look at their squad, they're fortunate to have Thomas Muller!

Not sure Bayern signed him to play up top for Germany m8

Lewandowski and Milik are better than Germanys strikers.

Piszczek is better than any German FB.

Blaszczykowski is as good as any German winger.

I don't think that's a bad start tbh.

Germany aren't playing their full side right now, if they did that they would kick Poland's ass

Neuer

GroBkreutz-Boateng-Hummels-Durm

Kroos-Khedira-Schweinsteiger

Muller-Gotze-Schurrle

Subs: Zieler, Howedes, Badstuber, Gundogan, Reus, Podolski, Draxler

Germany aren't playing their full side right now, if they did that they would kick Poland's ass

Neuer

GroBkreutz-Boateng-Hummels-Durm

Kroos-Khedira-Schweinsteiger

Muller-Gotze-Schurrle

Subs: Zieler, Howedes, Badstuber, Gundogan, Reus, Podolski, Draxler

I don't disagree but that team does not have better players than Poland in every position.

Aye, I get that. I've got some Irish on both sides of the family - 2 gens back but am very much Scottish. You've probably had an average Scots upbringing like I have. Watch the same sport, eat the same food, speak the same language mostly... so what makes you Irish and me Scottish? Sure, I speak Gaelic and learned some Irish too but we probably both speak English with a similar accent.

I really don't get this at all. How does your 'Irishness' manifest itself? Is it purely because of which fitba team you support? And i've met many Celtic fans over the years who were desparate to find some Irish ancestor or other. Hibs fans on the other hand don't seem bothered. Certainly, whenever I've been in Eire, the Irish folk I meet seem totally different to the Celtic fans we all know here. I can mind being in Gaeltacht Donegal a few years back and seeing the 'Glasgow Irish' visiting. They stuck out like sore thumbs. The Weege were all fat, wore Celtic tops and swaggered around like they owned the place with their gold medallions and tattoos. The local lads we met all played Hurley, spoke Gaelic and didn't really bother about Association Football at all.

Sure, some of these things are personal but if I claimed to be Chinese because I used to do KungFu and like my noodles, I'd soon be called on it.

Why is the poster highlighting her Irish background/claiming to have an Irish background creating such an issue for you? You seem to be going to desperate lengths to try and prove her otherwise.

Three of my grandparents came from Antrim, Donegal and Louth, I visit Ireland two or three times a year to visit relations, it's a country I have a great affiliation with the country, I consider myself Irish, not in the sense than I am an actual Irishman but more to do with my heritage. Don't get me wrong, I am Scottish, proud of it too, but I am equally proud of my roots and I find it rather odd and amusing the lengths people will go to try and find fault in this or the states some folk can get themselves into. Whilst I can understand there are those who take the Irish card to the extreme with their claims, a lad I know will happily support Ireland over Scotland because his great grandfather came from Ireland even though he doesn't know which part. Personally, I can't get on board with supporting another nation over Scotland, older reasoning behind this doesn't apply anymore and has never applied in my generation, but if people want to do it, then so be it. It's not something worth worrying about.

This revisionist history is rampant from the Southern Irish camp. I remember sitting in a sports bar in Barcelona watching one of the group games in the South Africa WC and talking to this Irish lass (And I mean an actual Southern Irelander, not a "ghirl" from Drumchapel) who was cursing and swearing about how France shouldn't be in it.

What you people forget is that the game was heading for penalties before Henry scored so it's not like S.Ireland would have qualified if not for the goal.

Aye, exactly so we had our chance of the World Cup taken away by a cheating b*****d & shite refs. You cannae say that we wouldnae have made it, we were cheated out of our chance.

Aye, I get that. I've got some Irish on both sides of the family - 2 gens back but am very much Scottish. You've probably had an average Scots upbringing like I have. Watch the same sport, eat the same food, speak the same language mostly... so what makes you Irish and me Scottish? Sure, I speak Gaelic and learned some Irish too but we probably both speak English with a similar accent.

I really don't get this at all. How does your 'Irishness' manifest itself? Is it purely because of which fitba team you support? And i've met many Celtic fans over the years who were desparate to find some Irish ancestor or other. Hibs fans on the other hand don't seem bothered. Certainly, whenever I've been in Eire, the Irish folk I meet seem totally different to the Celtic fans we all know here. I can mind being in Gaeltacht Donegal a few years back and seeing the 'Glasgow Irish' visiting. They stuck out like sore thumbs. The Weege were all fat, wore Celtic tops and swaggered around like they owned the place with their gold medallions and tattoos. The local lads we met all played Hurley, spoke Gaelic and didn't really bother about Association Football at all.

Sure, some of these things are personal but if I claimed to be Chinese because I used to do KungFu and like my noodles, I'd soon be called on it.

OK, I'll bite one last time at this. I dinnae "desperately" look for Irishness cos I'm a Celtic fan, my dad & that whole side of my family is Irish. I was raised supporting Ireland cos it's my heritage & my heart is Irish. Always has been, always will be.

I don't disagree but that team does not have better players than Poland in every position.

Piszcek at RB is the only one that is clearly better than his German counterpart, IMO

Would Lewandowski get in the Germany team? Possibly, but they'd need to change their system to accommodate him because Muller, Gotze and Schurrle are automatic picks at the moment. Perhaps they'd drop Khedira/Schweinsteiger and go to a 4-2-3-1

Why is the poster highlighting her Irish background/claiming to have an Irish background creating such an issue for you? You seem to be going to desperate lengths to try and prove her otherwise.

Three of my grandparents came from Antrim, Donegal and Louth, I visit Ireland two or three times a year to visit relations, it's a country I have a great affiliation with the country, I consider myself Irish, not in the sense than I am an actual Irishman but more to do with my heritage. Don't get me wrong, I am Scottish, proud of it too, but I am equally proud of my roots and I find it rather odd and amusing the lengths people will go to try and find fault in this or the states some folk can get themselves into. Whilst I can understand there are those who take the Irish card to the extreme with their claims, a lad I know will happily support Ireland over Scotland because his great grandfather came from Ireland even though he doesn't know which part. Personally, I can't get on board with supporting another nation over Scotland, older reasoning behind this doesn't apply anymore and has never applied in my generation, but if people want to do it, then so be it. It's not something worth worrying about.

Thank you!! I've no idea why it's a problem with anyone. :unsure:

Aye, exactly so we had our chance of the World Cup taken away by a cheating b*****d & shite refs. You cannae say that we wouldnae have made it, we were cheated out of our chance.

OK, I'll bite one last time at this. I dinnae "desperately" look for Irishness cos I'm a Celtic fan, my dad & that whole side of my family is Irish. I was raised supporting Ireland cos it's my heritage & my heart is Irish. Always has been, always will be.

Genuinely had to stop myself typing out the famine song, and I fucking hate sevco

:lol: what a fucking goat

Piszcek at RB is the only one that is clearly better than his German counterpart, IMO

Would Lewandowski get in the Germany team? Possibly, but they'd need to change their system to accommodate him because Muller, Gotze and Schurrle are automatic picks at the moment. Perhaps they'd drop Khedira/Schweinsteiger and go to a 4-2-3-1

True but Blaszczykowski is as good if not better than Schurrle imo.

mongo.png

Archived