The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

The dudes what said it were under the impression that there was a very small basic plus expenses, (similar to what Boyd was on two seasons ago), and then larger appearance fees.

I'd be surprised if that was the case given he had an opportunity to go to America, but decided to come here. You'd think, looking from the outside, that he must be getting a decent guaranteed salary to stay in Ayrshire and play for us rather than try his luck over the pond.

I think it might be about time to drop Magennis. He offers a lot in terms of link-up, but his goal return isn't good enough, and we're not getting enough goals from the rest of the team to justify carrying him. I'd even think about sticking Carrick up there instead - he's a much better finisher.

Interesting to hear on the Sunday Sportsound that Lee Clarke has supposedly changed the players training to coincide with 3pm kick off times and Jim Goodwin said his dressing room wouldn't be happy with that blah blah ( which confirms to me there has been issues with ours but that's another matter )

Killie haven't really had the new manager bounce, there is worrying parallels between our clubs in recent season and this looks exactly like our relegation last season with County being dead and buried at one point. We have both went through managers like Mark Yardley does hot dinners and the home form is poor too.

I backed you c***s last night :(

On a line with 4/1 QOS tae :(

Best part of £900 you lost me :(

I hate Killie more now :(

Serves you right for doubting the mighty Staggies. One day you'll learn.

Serves you right for doubting the mighty Staggies. One day you'll learn.

I watched the County highlights v Utd and remember your highlights v Linlithgow as I confidently put down a home win last night.

How shit are Killie?

I think it might be about time to drop Magennis. He offers a lot in terms of link-up, but his goal return isn't good enough, and we're not getting enough goals from the rest of the team to justify carrying him. I'd even think about sticking Carrick up there instead - he's a much better finisher.

I agree that it isn't working at the moment with Josh. When he wins flick-ons and nobody is following up then it's an utterly pointless tactic to use. I would rather go with McKenzie as a striker to be honest, as he's probably the best finisher at the club. Carrick has looked absolutely terrible in every first team outing he's made, and that miss late on against Hamilton (?) was unbelievably bad.

I agree that it isn't working at the moment with Josh. When he wins flick-ons and nobody is following up then it's an utterly pointless tactic to use. I would rather go with McKenzie as a striker to be honest, as he's probably the best finisher at the club. Carrick has looked absolutely terrible in every first team outing he's made, and that miss late on against Hamilton (?) was unbelievably bad.

Why don't Kilmarnock do a Ross County and go 4-4-2? We've not looked back, albeit with two forwards who are far more mobile than Boyd or Magennis.

Interested to hear Killie fans thoughts on Balatoni and Higgy. How have they been?

Balatoni has been an improvement on Ashcroft/(early season Connolly) but is far from perfect - hence why he's at Killie.

Higginbotham has flitted in and out of the team, and has struggled. Looked good for a spell as #10 but an injury set him back. Hopefully he finds some level of consistency as we're desperately in need of some creativity.