The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

We had him on trial earlier this Summer but (obviously) decided against him. Seems like one of those strikers who drifts towards the left wing

OK so I'm interested but will it effect my Giro or relationship with my uncles wife?

No your in luck. As your uncles wife is not a blood relative then you are fine. If she was you would be rewarded with a season ticket at scumerset

10 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Don't know how accurate this is as it's from The Sun, but one of the lads on Kickback just posted it.......

BOLTON’S bright young striker Alex Samizadeh is joining Scottish side Kilmarnock on loan for the season.

Samizadeh has been prolific for the Wanderers reserve and youth teams but boss Phil Parkinson thinks he needs first team games.

Killie chief Lee McCulloch will put Samizadeh into his squad
for the start of the season as he puts a new look team together.

Samizadeh, 18, was born in Iran but raised in England. He is also tipped for international honours

54 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The Express have you agreeing deals with Stephen O'Donnell and Calum Waters and close to agreeing a deal with Kirk Broadfoot.

Odonnell and Waters are apparently away with squad to La Manga today. 

Miles Storey to come in if Aberdeen get Stevie May.

I'll use my first post here and say is it just me that thinks this is a rip-off? £12 for a ticket, £2 for a pie, £3 for a pint and £2.50 return on the train is £19.50...

I disagree tbh. A ticket, pint, pie and travel to and from the game. Be with supports from start to finish. Sounds good to me. I got a normal ticket on the Monday they went on sale but if I didn't have a season ticket and couldn't get one for this game I think it's quite good. Good atmosphere as well and some cash for the club.

The Express have you agreeing deals with Stephen O'Donnell and Calum Waters and close to agreeing a deal with Kirk Broadfoot.

Also Miles Storey once Aberdeen get either Stevie May or another striker in....

What fucking train are you getting a £2.50 return on?

The 2 together railcard is a belter mate, the Mrs & myself have one, £27 for 12 months, i.e. one standard return from Killie to Glasgow £10.40, 2 together is only £8.90 for both of us[emoji106]

15 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Saw him when he was with The Sons. Decent attacking up the left flank and putting crosses in. Could improve defensively. Hopefully do well.

Didn't have any problems defensively with Alloa. Very impressive in wins over Ross County and Inverness - a game in which he destroyed Jake Mulraney - and also when we held Celtic goalless at Parkhead until the last 10 minutes. 

He is good on the ball and although he looks small he is physically strong. Hits a good set piece too. He earned his move, hope he continues to get better with full time training and makes a success of this.

Didn't have any problems defensively with Alloa. Very impressive in wins over Ross County and Inverness - a game in which he destroyed Jake Mulraney - and also when we held Celtic goalless at Parkhead until the last 10 minutes. 
He is good on the ball and although he looks small he is physically strong. Hits a good set piece too. He earned his move, hope he continues to get better with full time training and makes a success of this.

It was pre-Alloa I saw him. Good to hear he's improving.

Bookmakers Ladbrokes have hailed Alan Power's move from Lincoln to Kilmarnock as the 'SPFL Signing Of The Week'.

The Irishman called time on his Imps career a few days ago in favour of a new career in Scotland, penning a two-year contract with the Rugby Park outfit after rejecting the Imps' offer of a one-year deal.

And Ladbrokes have deemed Killie's signing of the Dublin-born midfielder as more significant than Celtic's capture of Ipswich teen sensation Kundai Benyu and Hearts' move for Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty. They said: 'Lincoln City enjoyed an unforgettable campaign in 2016-17… and one man at the heart of that success was Alan Power. The combative midfielder played in every minute of Lincoln's incredible cup run, and put in a series of stellar displays to negate star men for the likes of Burnley, Ipswich Town and Brighton & Hove Albion, as well as chalking up two vital goals along the way.

'Having built up a reputation for his firm tackling in the National League, Killie fans won't see him shirk any tackles ands with this young side arguably lacking something in experience and leadership, he also fills a vital gap on that front. If the club are to push on and crack the top six next season, Power could well be the key difference-maker.'