The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

1 hour ago, Fide said:

He'll absolutely do a job for you.  He is a bit lightweight, but on his day can turn in a very decent performance.

Good to hear. That's him officially signed up. Given the worst stages in his career came under Gary Locke's guidance it'll be interesting to see how he fares working under a competent manager again for the first time in a wee while.

Hi guys, Chris 'The Mini Messi' Johnston played as a trialist for us on Saturday, and we're set to announce a signing today, which could well be him. Just a quick thing I was wondering, can he play in the #10 role (eg the centre of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1)? That's where we played Sam Stanton last season, and he was probably our most impressive outfield player, but we've yet to properly replace him, and I wondered if Johnston could do a similar job.

Really good player and really nice guy. I went to school with him and was always completely focused on football. I didn't want him to leave us tbh. I wouldn't play him in the middle though. On the wing and let him use his pace. Will def do a job for you though

2 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Boyata being out for 3 months has lessened our Chances of retaining Big Ajer next season. Hopefully they sign someone else and we get him back.

We've got plenty of players who can play centre half. I doubt we'll be looking to add Ajer again

31 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

We've got plenty of players who can play centre half. I doubt we'll be looking to add Ajer again

We only really have Daniel Higgins, Broadfoot and Scott Boyd who are proper CBs so I'd be looking to maybe get one or 2 more for cover considering Boyd and Broadfoot are injury prone and Higgins is young. 

We only really have Daniel Higgins, Broadfoot and Scott Boyd who are proper CBs so I'd be looking to maybe get one or 2 more for cover considering Boyd and Broadfoot are injury prone and Higgins is young. 

We should get the big chap on loan and play him in his preferred position, midfield.

2 hours ago, Nadroj said:

2 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

We should get the big chap on loan and play him in his preferred position, midfield.

Id like him back but realistically with Boyd, Broadfoot, Osborne, Wilson, Higgins and Dicker all capable of playing there....... Id think we'd be looking at other positions

FYI Guys.....

Chris Burke played the last 30 mins or so of the friendly in La Manga, setup one & scored one, a decision will be made next week if he signs on for the season.

On 06/07/2017 at 20:48, djchapsticks said:

We've signed a young lad, Lewis Morrison on a developmental deal from you guys. I know that this time last year he was being tipped for decent things but what's happened in the last year that he's found himself out on his ear?

Cracking talent with a terrible attitude which is fuelled by his parents from which I've heard from a source as close as you can get.

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

Cracking talent with a terrible attitude which is fuelled by his parents from which I've heard from a source as close as you can get.

Yup. Seems to be the general gist of things. Hopefully he's earnest in his assertion that it's 'time to prove a few people wrong'. 

Hopefully the boot up the arse he's received in Killie kicking him out for bad attitude rather than lack of talent will provide him with a wake up call. 

O'Donnell is a great lad and scored possibly the best Thistle goal of the 21st century. Sadly I didn't see it live. 

Was it the one at Tannadice?

I was at the game, cracker of a goal from him. Remember we were linked wiv him, but he moved to Blackpool instead

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Yup. Seems to be the general gist of things. Hopefully he's earnest in his assertion that it's 'time to prove a few people wrong'. 

Hopefully the boot up the arse he's received in Killie kicking him out for bad attitude rather than lack of talent will provide him with a wake up call. 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He could be a great striker if he wants it hard enough. He can certainly score goals.

Four trialist players in Kilmarnock squad today face Livingston game pre-season friendly 

MacDonald, O'Donnell, Taylor, Dicker, Trialist, Power, McKenzie, S.Smith, Boyd, Trialist, Waters SUBS: Mackay, S.Boyd, Higgins, Wilson, Hawkshaw, Cameron, Jones, Trialist, Frizzell, Trialist, Queen

Edited by Craig McCulloch Burley

Played in last seasons strip. Kirk broadfoot played as a trialist due to registration not  through yet. Chris Burke was another and played well,I would sign him now. The young lad from Bolton came on and again looked good. The other one came on but I do not know who he was.