The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

2 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

He IS connected to Kilmarnock, so it is someone connected there. And Rangers are a rival team this season. And Kris Boyd wants to see them stronger. Only a total idiot would be happy with this.

I don't think I'd be overly concerned about it in any real terms if I were a Killie supporter because I don't think what Kris Boyd says has any bearing whatsoever, but I'd still be pissed off about him saying it. Becuase it puts into question how much of a shit he gives about how well the team he actually plays for does.

Much in the same way as  Ole Gunnar who was a Liverpool fan , John Terry was a Man Utd fan and Gareth Bale was an Arsenal fan I’d be concerned too. If they hadn’t tried a leg whilst playing against them that is . KB has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he will be professional on and off the pitch . A bit like Ray McKinnon ....:) not 

He's certainly a pro on the pitch, but this is lack of professionalism off it whether you like it or not. I can understand with not bothering all that much since he continues to do the job, but let's not try and paint this as something that it isn't.

50 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

He's certainly a pro on the pitch, but this is lack of professionalism off it whether you like it or not. I can understand with not bothering all that much since he continues to do the job, but let's not try and paint this as something that it isn't.

Off the pitch he probably does more fan events/community events than anyone else at the club so that's a mile off. 

4 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Killie Fans OK that Fat Bigot Boyd is urging his big team (and title rivals) to sign Steven Davis in today’s press ?

Don't give a hoot. Has scored several goals against them in last couple seasons and celebrated them all. 

In the same article he more importantly goes on to say he thinks Killie can push for the title and how much the players want to keep winning 

5 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

He does the job he's paid to do.

As far as I’m concerned that’s the end of the story.

he’ll almost certainly retire at the end of the season, and clearly wants to be a full-time pundit when he does.

He’s a Rangers fan, we all know that, but he’s scored over 100 goals for Killie and has almost always done it for us on the pitch.

As far as I’m concerned he’s given us enough over the past 15 years to overlook his daft columns.

Don't give a hoot. Has scored several goals against them in last couple seasons and celebrated them all. 
In the same article he more importantly goes on to say he thinks Killie can push for the title and how much the players want to keep winning 

It’s amazing the difference in views from Killie fans around Boyd because the team is doing well. We’d been wanting him strung up at times for his Sevco comments in the media when we were shite.

However I’m pretty sure that when Boyd came back (when he stared digging us out of relegation sized holes) it was with the understanding of his media work and this is probably agreed in his contract and might actually mean that he is taking a bit less money from us as we support him in his future career, who knows?

One thing is for sure - if Steve Clarke doesn’t have any issues with what he is saying then neither do I. And if he does have an issue then I’m sure he will deal with it or simply ship Boyd out.

12 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Killie Fans OK that Fat Bigot Boyd is urging his big team (and title rivals) to sign Steven Davis in today’s press ?

Rattled Dundee supporter highlights that a Kilmarnock centre forward wants our main title challenger to spunk a huge wage on an ageing duffer and you want us to be upset?

What a totally desperate attempt.

14 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

It’s amazing the difference in views from Killie fans around Boyd because the team is doing well. We’d been wanting him strung up at times for his Sevco comments in the media when we were shite.

However I’m pretty sure that when Boyd came back (when he stared digging us out of relegation sized holes) it was with the understanding of his media work and this is probably agreed in his contract and might actually mean that he is taking a bit less money from us as we support him in his future career, who knows?

One thing is for sure - if Steve Clarke doesn’t have any issues with what he is saying then neither do I. And if he does have an issue then I’m sure he will deal with it or simply ship Boyd out.

In fairness I've always said on here and on Kickback that I don't give a shite what pish he's spouting in the paper. Just doesn't bother me. 

Rattled Dundee supporter highlights that a Kilmarnock centre forward wants our main title challenger to spunk a huge wage on an ageing duffer and you want us to be upset?
What a totally desperate attempt.

Dundee ?

3 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

In fairness I've always said on here and on Kickback that I don't give a shite what pish he's spouting in the paper. Just doesn't bother me. 

I'm actually one of the knobs who used to moan but doesn't care as long as we are juggernaughting teams.

37 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I'm actually one of the knobs who used to moan but doesn't care as long as we are juggernaughting teams.

Same here but he wasn't really trying or looking interested back then, thou in Kris's defence that would have been around the time of the tragic loss of his brother which he later admitted affected him more than most people realised.

Edited by C4mmy31

49 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Same here but he wasn't really trying or looking interested back then, thou in Kris's defence that would have been around the time of the tragic loss of his brother which he later admitted affected him more than most people realised.

Agreed.