The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

No great surprises announced ....

Departing upon completion of their contract: Jack Sanders, Kerr McInroy, Aaron Quigg, Steven Warnock.

Returning to parent clubs: Will Dennis, Corrie Ndaba, Stuart Findlay, Tom Davies, James Balagizi, Kevin Van Veen.

Still in discussion with the club: Liam Polworth, Marley Watkins, Gary Mackay-Steven, Greg Stewart, Innes Cameron, Kieran O’Hara.

Remaining under contract: Aidan Glavin, Ethan Brown, Ethan Mersey, Ben Brannan, Lewis Mayo, Joe Wright, Robbie Deas, Liam Donnelly, Rory McKenzie, David Watson, Brad Lyons, Kyle Magennis, Danny Armstrong, Fraser Murray, Matty Kennedy, Kian Leslie, Aaron Brown, Kyle Vassell, Bobby Wales.

5 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

McInnes has signed a contract extension until 2027. I'm tumescent.

I'm more buzzing than Sellafield. 

Derek McInnes has quashed speculation surrounding his future by signing a new contract with Kilmarnock.

The SFWA and cinch Premiership Manager of the Season has extended his stay at Rugby Park until 2027 after a magnificent two years. Since taking over the reins in 2022, McInnes has guided the club from fourth in the Scottish Championship to fourth in the Premiership and securing a shot at the Europa League.

The ex-Aberdeen boss had been linked with the Hibs vacancy following Nick Montgomery's sacking but has sent out a clear message by committing his future to Killie. Delighted McInnes said: "Heard Hibs were after me. Gads. Isn't that the team the Trainspotting guys all follow? Why would I go to those jakeball reprobates when I can stay here at glorious Killie and enjoy European fitba? Roon ye, Hibees!"

He has brought stability to the Club and spoke particularly well at the Player's Dinner. Great move by the Board in my opinion. Who in their right mind would manage Hibs just now to be fair? Their support must be in despair to put it mildly.

Morning all. I had the pleasure of interviewing former Killie man and current Queen’s Park skipper Dom Thomas.

His time at the club was interesting and varied in general, and he gave big insight into his relationships with Lee McCulloch, Steve Clarke and the great Angelo Alessio, and the rather different experiences he had with them all. If any of you fancy stepping back in time a few years then feel free the give the podcast a listen. For those of you in a rush, 29:38 is when we get talking about your club, however you’re welcome to give it a listen for as long as you want.
I hope this pieces together one or two things from that era at Rugby Park.

Enjoy the Euro Tour in a couple of months 🎉🏖️

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1GJ9q5Hwfk4yP1Jzz3yX13?si=91yPqAdfQAG0IaFYChQO2Q&t=1778

Gary Mackay-Steven has committed his future to Kilmarnock as he has signed a new contract that will keep him here until 2025, pending approval.

The tricky attacker has agreed to a new deal at Rugby Park, and his wealth of experience will prove vital in the build-up to our European matches.

On 28/05/2024 at 00:57, charliewheelen said:

Morning all. I had the pleasure of interviewing former Killie man and current Queen’s Park skipper Dom Thomas.

His time at the club was interesting and varied in general, and he gave big insight into his relationships with Lee McCulloch, Steve Clarke and the great Angelo Alessio, and the rather different experiences he had with them all. If any of you fancy stepping back in time a few years then feel free the give the podcast a listen. For those of you in a rush, 29:38 is when we get talking about your club, however you’re welcome to give it a listen for as long as you want.
I hope this pieces together one or two things from that era at Rugby Park.

Enjoy the Euro Tour in a couple of months 🎉🏖️

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1GJ9q5Hwfk4yP1Jzz3yX13?si=91yPqAdfQAG0IaFYChQO2Q&t=1778

Thanks Charlie, enjoyed the interview. Good player DT, disappointed when he left Killie.

4 minutes ago, Fide said:

Absolutely tremendous socials from the club here

Have you pinched someone from Motherwell?  Excellent stuff which makes our humourless social media guy look even worse, although he’s now in charge of Morten for some reason.  Also he does nothing but score against us.  

37 minutes ago, Fide said:

Absolutely tremendous socials from the club here

Bruce is obviously up for a laugh and a bit of banter, he'll fit in well with the current squad.

No idea why but I have a good feeling about this signing, which, being a sceptical b*****d, is unlike me. 

Good signing for killie. Slightly strange in that I reckon mcinnes will see him more as an option off the bench than his go to number 9, which maybe isn’t what Bruce needs at this point in his career. Will be interested to see how it plays out. 

53 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Good signing for killie. Slightly strange in that I reckon mcinnes will see him more as an option off the bench than his go to number 9, which maybe isn’t what Bruce needs at this point in his career. Will be interested to see how it plays out. 

It"ll really depend on what Marley Watkins decides to do, stay here with us and his wife n baby in Brighton or move south to be closer by them. 

5 hours ago, Boring Bob said:

Thanks Charlie, enjoyed the interview. Good player DT, disappointed when he left Killie.

Thank you very much mate, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Possibly one of the best eras, entertainment wise, to discuss in Killie's recent history, in terms of the gaffers involved. Hopefully I'll have some more Killie content soon for you all 🤞🏻

22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It"ll really depend on what Marley Watkins decides to do, stay here with us and his wife n baby in Brighton or move south to be closer by them. 

True, I suppose there’s a space if he sticks with 2 up top and Watkins leaves. However, I’d say Watkins is a far superior player to Anderson. 

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think it's a banter signing.

Doesn't do the things Derek wants the striker to do. As odd as the van Veen one.

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I think it's a banter signing.

Doesn't do the things Derek wants the striker to do. As odd as the van Veen one.

I hope he's as big a banter signing as Kennedy & Watkins were when Don's fans were lining up to tell us they were rotten. 

I doubt anyone could allow for KVV pulling a muscle, on not one but two occasions, warming up to be brought on.

A disappointing loan but nobody get them right 100% of the time.

4 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I doubt anyone could allow for KVV pulling a muscle, on not one but two occasions, warming up to be brought on.

I think if you believe that you'll believe anything.