The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Good post mate. I see you're new here, why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? What's your name and where do you come from?

Address, bank account number, pin number and mothers maiden name as well please.

Life long killie fan and season ticket holder along with my 3 boys and can cross a ball better than any of the current squad. Well at least in my head I can

No' entirely surprising. I think Pat Nevin might have been the last Kilmarnock player to successfully cross a ball...

Amazing to watch skint players for fun what a player. The way I see it is we need a keeper 2 defenders 2 midfielders and 2 strikers (goal scoreres) its a simple case of you have to speculate to ecumulate or its only a matter of time before we actually do get relegated. We were good for 20 mins in the second half against Motherwell because we fought for it . We won the league in 65 cause we had the fitness and fight. Lets get rid of the players playing for a pay cheque and get players who genuinely want to run tackle and fight week in week out for the club. I would rather have 11 mediocre players on the pitch who worked there asses of for the whole game (Gary Holts) than have a few flair players any day of the week. I would make sure the team were the fittest team and put a clause in the contract to say if they didn't give everything they had in 90 mins they could be fined half their week wage. Bottom line is they get big money for doing very little

I see Neil mccann has left his coaching role at dunfermline, is his hat gonna be thrown into the ring for lockes assistant?

never liked McCann since that time we were beating rangers 2-0 early on and kevin mcgowne fouled a rangers player, McCann raced over to the ref waving and imaginary card to get mcgowne sent off, the ref obliged with a red and rangers made the most of their extra man. p***k

The way I see it is we need a keeper 2 defenders 2 midfielders and 2 strikers (goal scoreres)

I agree that we need a new goalkeeper. Samson isn't good enough for this level, and Jamie MacDonald would be an improvement. I don't believe that he's the best out there for the money he'll be on, but that's what happens when everyone on your manager's contact list starts with the 0131 prefix. We need a new right-back, and a new centre-back but I'd be happy for Chantler to stay as our first choice left-back. In midfield, we need a box-to-box midfielder in the mould of Liam Kelly - in fact, out of all the ex-players linked (Sammon, Boyd et al) I'd have Kelly over all of them. We don't need two new strikers, we need one goalscorer. Boyd would fill that role, and if he plays just off Magennis then that could work.

its a simple case of you have to speculate to ecumulate or its only a matter of time before we actually do get relegated.

Nonsense. What will happen if we speculate? At best, we push for the top six and maybe get further in a few cup competitions. At worst, few of the signings work out and we end up going down anyway with the added caveat of even more money troubles. The gap between the top two divisions isn't as wide as it used to be, and plenty of the clubs in the Championship would bring bigger crowds to Rugby Park than some current top flight teams. If we had our young players tied up on long deals then we could go down, get rid of the dross and start again. However, we don't so we'd likely lose all our talented kids and end up re-signing Lee Miller.

We were good for 20 mins in the second half against Motherwell because we fought for it . We won the league in 65 cause we had the fitness and fight. Lets get rid of the players playing for a pay cheque and get players who genuinely want to run tackle and fight week in week out for the club. I would rather have 11 mediocre players on the pitch who worked there asses of for the whole game (Gary Holts) than have a few flair players any day of the week.

And this is why Scottish football remains in the doldrums. Fans preferring runners to technical footballers. Whenever I read something like that I'm always reminded of the story that Ronald de Boer tells about what Dick Advocaat told him after a game early in his time at Rangers. "Even if the ball is going out of play and you can't reach it, just sprint anyway and slide for it. The fans love that up here." Seems that it's still true to this day.

You say that you'd rather hard workers than technical players, but why are the two mutually exclusive? Greg Kiltie e.g. is wonderfully gifted, yet works his socks off every game. Dylan Pooler is the same. Our Under 20's team play some fantastic football at times, and everybody outwith the two centre-backs are smaller, more technically minded players. These guys are being coached well by AR so that they can work out as well as play football. That's what you want from a player, and not just a team of Jamie Hamills.

I would make sure the team were the fittest team and put a clause in the contract to say if they didn't give everything they had in 90 mins they could be fined half their week wage. Bottom line is they get big money for doing very little

And how would that work exactly? It's down to the manager and coaches to identify good workers to sign and/or coach those you already have to give their all. Clearly, Gary Locke hasn't done that so far. I agree that the players don't do enough off-field activities in the local area, and I'd like to see the players commit to at least 5 hours a week of community activities.

Gary locke needs to prove himself but yes killie have always had good keepers except combe. Samson was terrible the first time but hes worse now. Right back defo. Pasca is done. Eremenko is done. Hammill os fat as f**k. Pass back Eccleston lol not good. Miller must retire. Tope os great, at losing control of the ball. Slater loses the ball constantly either that or passes it back to the keeper. And finally Barbour is constantly out pf position cant tackle and cant play with Johnston infront of him defo not a right back in any team. The rest are ok but don't work hard enough

No' entirely surprising. I think Pat Nevin might have been the last Kilmarnock player to successfully cross a ball...

I think I was at that game...

ETA: Seriously, though, I did see him play for us a couple of times, and while obviously past his best, he stood out for me in a pretty decent Killie side.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Locke was touted to us as the 'motivator', i know we need a change in personnel but his management motivation skills seem to have deserted him. Unless he gets off to flyer next season it looks like he is a Billy Brown ie. Good number 2 but never a number 1.

Guest Jedi

Players certainly did look much more motivated in his first few games...matter of weeks later, and most don't now appear interested. There was also a better shape to the team early on with GL, also now out of the window. Worrying times.

Todays performance was a shocker. Samson wtf he cost us 2 goals. Aye he was offside for the 3rd but he shat out. Utterly disgraceful. He needs dropped. I dont know whats happened to Johnston and mckenzie think AJ ruined them both. Clingan was awful and he needs to stop playing with 1 striker. Magennes cost us big today one on one and he hits the keeper with the ball. Pasca was the only half decent player on the pitch today and hes done. Completely embarrassing

No Im a moaning git. Or as some people might see it a passionate fan. And one that demands that the club have a bit of ambition since I have spent thousands on season tickets replica shirts bpoks dvds and pies. Money that alot of those times never had. so sue me for wanting my club to be ambitious and sign some quality staff to help produce quality players. Get gary holt here for a week that would frighten the shit out of them and make them play. #killietillidie