The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

The players hated him. He was a good coach though

When you say "players" was it a minority or quite a few ?

I'm sure the fans would forgive a stern manager if the team delivered on the park , which Shiels undoubtedly did . His sacking if you are right would not have been opposed by the players and could have been encouraged ?

If that is so then surely our Machiavellian chairman would have used that in his interviews with the press? I don't recall this happening But if it did then our " board as it was then" we're weaker than we thought.

I wouldn't have Kenny back as manager but would welcome his talent for bringing on youngsters but we already have Alan Robertson who is doing a good job so there is no position for him at the moment.

When you say "players" was it a minority or quite a few ?

I'm sure the fans would forgive a stern manager if the team delivered on the park , which Shiels undoubtedly did . His sacking if you are right would not have been opposed by the players and could have been encouraged ?

If that is so then surely our Machiavellian chairman would have used that in his interviews with the press? I don't recall this happening But if it did then our " board as it was then" we're weaker than we thought.

I wouldn't have Kenny back as manager but would welcome his talent for bringing on youngsters but we already have Alan Robertson who is doing a good job so there is no position for him at the moment.

It was most of the players and staff. The were 'incidents' which were kept from the fans but in terms of that group of players, most of them left as quickly as they could - (Dayton, Nelson, Harkins etc). He, unfortunately, wasn't just stern but was also apparently unhinged.

MJ is always a lawyer first and would realise that a) Kenny was popular amongst the fans and b) saying someone is a mentailist is quite hard to prove. Therefore he just wrote a contract that made it easy to sack him at the most convenient opportunity.

Been a fair few days since somebody posted on here.

Great result yesterday to secure our 23rd consecutive year in the top division.

Marvellous.

Some serious decisions need to be made close season though.

A complete clear out is required. 2 years flirting with relegation play off spot simply isn't good enough.

Not saying we should be in Europe every year, just not this gut wrenching finish to the season every year.

Fair bit of dead wood needs to be shipped out.

Yeah, the biggest mistake we made last summer was keeping on a shite manager and letting him rebuild a shite squad for this season. Chances are, Locke will do the exact same this summer if he stays in charge.

Anyone else heard the rumour about N'goo fighting in the Kilmarnock gym? :unsure:

The one where he allegedly got into an altercation with a female member of staff for "laughing at his legs" and was subsequently fired? Yup.

Looking forward to the press finding out about that one.

Marvellous.

A complete clear out is required. 2 years flirting with relegation play off spot simply isn't good enough.

Not saying we should be in Europe every year, just not this gut wrenching finish to the season every year.

Had the pleasure of speaking to Jim Mann the other day, and he made some good points. His direct quote was that there are "too many prima-donnas in that dressing room" and that we'll be having a big clear out in the summer.

If that's the case then - Samson, Barbour, Chantler, Westlake, Pascali, Cairney, Miller, Eccleston Eremenko, Clingan all to go? I'd personally keep Sammy Clingan and Chantler/Westlake as cover. The rest I'm fine with leaving in all honesty.

The one where he allegedly got into an altercation with a female member of staff for "laughing at his legs" and was subsequently fired? Yup.

If it gives us an excuse to get rid of the useless p***k, I'm all for it.

If it gives us an excuse to get rid of the useless p***k, I'm all for it.

Therein lies my worry about Locke. He clearly recommended Ngoo to AJ, so how are we supposed to have any confidence in his ability to rebuild the squad entirely? Look at his time at Hearts - a one-in-one-out policy, and he signs Paul McCallum. Then at Killie - uses what little cash we have to sign Eccleston when we desperately needed a left or a right back.

I said before that I wouldn't mind giving the job to a young coach, even Gary Locke, provided they had an experienced Director of Football working with them to identify and bring in talent. With our budget though, that's probably unlikely unless the DoF was willing to work for nothing. So then surely you have to appoint a manager who can coach, who has contacts all over and a keen eye for players?

I'm still struggling to comprehend the decision to give Locke the job off the back of a handful of good results and the fact that the players like him. I'm certain that it will prove to be a mistake, and that we'll end up having to pay him off long before the end of his contract.

If we have a get out clause now, then we have to take it. Give a proper manager a chance to do some sensible recruitment in the summer rather than just signing a hotch-potch policy of bringing in folk just because they become available.

The story is also helped by the apparent news that Tope, who was there at the time, gave him a kicking for this as well.

Marvellous.

To be honest there isn't much difference between a handful of teams near the bottom of the division. I can see next season being the same, Hamilton won't be as good and you'll have Hearts and ( given Motherwells capitulation) probably Hibs or Rangers.

It's going to be a tougher league next season , I think it'll be even tighter for the play off battle.

I thought Gary Locke done enough to get the gig but it goes without saying the results since have been horrendous and will make Killie fans nervous for next season.

Is there a lot of players out of contract?

The story is also helped by the apparent news that Tope, who was there at the time, gave him a kicking for this as well.

Haha.

I love Tope.

Gets a fair bit of stick but I wouldn't have him out my team.

If that's the case then - Samson, Barbour, Chantler, Westlake, Pascali, Cairney, Miller, Eccleston Eremenko, Clingan all to go? I'd personally keep Sammy Clingan and Chantler/Westlake as cover. The rest I'm fine with leaving in all honesty.

I agree with Clingan, Westlake and Chantler staying.

We definitely need a new number 1.

Samson has simply been awful.

A few good games but the vast majority he's been garbage.

I've said all season Barbour should be flung to feck.

Brings nothing to the table.

Edited by cass316

If Ross Barbour could break up opposition attacks the way he breaks up Killie ones then he'd maybe have a shot...

I think Barbour needs a year away (on loan) and then see what he's like!! I think he has promise - he has Defo shown that on a few occasions this season

I think Barbour needs a year away (on loan) and then see what he's like!! I think he has promise - he has Defo shown that on a few occasions this season

Do we have the scope to re-sign him for at least two years, in the hope that a loan spell turns his fortunes around? I think we should just let him go and let him try and get a career going elsewhere.