The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Dundee Evening Telegraph reporting that Killie are keen on Jim McAlister

Could do a hell of a lot worse, but could definitely do better.

As for JM himself, we sorely lack someone in midfield to help the transition between defence-midfield-attack. McAlister would help with that greatly, as well as providing cover for a number of areas.

I think Pascali probably still has something to offer as a squad player, but that would involve a very big drop in wages which he was never going to agree to.

We have to be fairly unsentimental in clearing out the squad this summer - two consecutive years of underperformance means very few of them are indispensable. Anyone other than Connolly, Slater and McKenzie can have very few complaints if they're asked to leave.

I think Pascali probably still has something to offer as a squad player, but that would involve a very big drop in wages which he was never going to agree to.

We have to be fairly unsentimental in clearing out the squad this summer - two consecutive years of underperformance means very few of them are indispensable. Anyone other than Connolly, Slater and McKenzie can have very few complaints if they're asked to leave.

Big season for McKenzie this coming season.

Has to prove his worth.

Been in and about the first team for a number of years now and not really done very much.

When do we 'announce' what players are leaving ? Quite a few others seem to have made official statements

Probably when Locke's budget is given to him. Although the new fitness coach has supposedly took a good wage from us. We'll end up seeing a couple of high wage guys leave along with players like N'Goo and Cairney who haven't exactly done anything since joining.

When do we 'announce' what players are leaving ? Quite a few others seem to have made official statements

We generally don't announce it, and the first we hear of it is when they sign for someone else.

If the likes of Pascali or Eremenko are leaving then we should be announcing it before Saturday so they can get a proper send off.

We generally don't announce it, and the first we hear of it is when they sign for someone else.

If the likes of Pascali or Eremenko are leaving then we should be announcing it before Saturday so they can get a proper send off.

Think we will find out tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Hopefully anyway.

Probably when Locke's budget is given to him. Although the new fitness coach has supposedly took a good wage from us. We'll end up seeing a couple of high wage guys leave along with players like N'Goo and Cairney who haven't exactly done anything since joining.

To be honest. A good fitness coach is exactly what we've been missing for years. We have always seemed to be slower and weaker than the likes of ICT and tSt Johnstone so this should be money well spent for me. I hear than Cairney is staying though.

To be honest. A good fitness coach is exactly what we've been missing for years. We have always seemed to be slower and weaker than the likes of ICT and tSt Johnstone so this should be money well spent for me. I hear than Cairney is staying though.

As much as he gets stick, he's actually a decent player.

As much as he gets stick, he's actually a decent player.

I think he is too. We just haven't seen it yet. (The fact that he carries a bit of timber, which I'm led to believe is natural, doesn't help him). I'm not sure if we play him in the correct place though. Like Gay Harkins at Dee I think he might be more beneficial being played in a slightly more advanced position.

Things have got better since Ms Sturgeon took over, so I'd assume that once contract negotiations are done and finalised with all out-of-contract players then we'll make an announcement. I imagine it'll be Ross County-esque.

Yas!!!

Can't wait for the 14 player exodus.

We badly need it.

locke was given his budget several weeks ago, he was in the media at the time talking about it as being a cut from this season