The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

We beat Morton 4-0 in a closed doors freindly today.

Boyd x2

Kiltie x2. Suppose that makes sence of why boyd only got 20minutes yesterday.

Team was.... Samson, O'Hara, Syme, Hodge,Ashcroft, Barbour, Slater, McCulloch, Kiltie, Hawkshaw, Boyd, Carrick.

We beat Morton 4-0 in a closed doors freindly today.

Boyd x2

Kiltie x2. Suppose that makes sence of why boyd only got 20minutes yesterday.

Team was.... Samson, O'Hara, Syme, Hodge,Ashcroft, Barbour, Slater, McCulloch, Kiltie, Hawkshaw, Boyd, Carrick.

Good to see we didn't lose a goal when McCulloch was playing :D:D:D

Kilmarnock have offered ex-Hearts player Andy Driver a three-year contract, however he is also weighing up an offer from Dutch side De Graafschap.

Jesus.

How many players we want in? Haha

QLP, where did you hear about him being converted to left full back?

He played there a few times for Dynamo, and from what I heard Locke was trying to sell a move to Killie based on a future in that position (i.e. career longevity etc). And I saw him training with the defenders with my own eyes ;)

Are Killie fans not seriously concerned at the gratuitous offering of three-year deals to every player Locke is interested in?

Edit: I know QLP mentioned Johnston's aptitude at inserting clauses into contracts but from an outsider looking in, this looks a tremendously risky strategy.

Edited by Armand 2

Are Killie fans not seriously concerned at the gratuitous offering of three-year deals to every player Locke is interested in?

Here we go again.

If you pay attention to the Killie forums it has been explained atleast half a dozen times.

They are 3 year deals but with get out clauses.

If the player doesn't play a certain amount of games they get shown the door after a year.

Millar and Cairney are prime examples of that last season.

Edit: I know QLP mentioned Johnston's aptitude at inserting clauses into contracts but from an outsider looking in, this looks a tremendously risky strategy.

Two years is pretty standard, especially when most are "established" players. It leaves the ball in our court in terms of extensions if they're a success, and it means we can offer slightly lesser wages than our rivals who may be offering a one or two year 'straight' deal.

It's only really backfired in a few cases (Jaakkola the number one culprit) but there's a list as long as your arm where it's been successful.

Two years is pretty standard, especially when most are "established" players. It leaves the ball in our court in terms of extensions if they're a success, and it means we can offer slightly lesser wages than our rivals who may be offering a one or two year 'straight' deal.

It's only really backfired in a few cases (Jaakkola the number one culprit) but there's a list as long as your arm where it's been successful.

Fair enough. Hadn't realised that it was pretty standard procedure at Killie.