The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Certainly explains the increase in legal fees in that case.

In terms of the auditor's note on the club's status as a going concern, I think we've probably had a reasonable year from that perspective. We must have msde something in the region of £350-400k from the two Rangers games alone, and I feel there would have been more visible symptoms if the situation had worsened over the subsequent twelve months. Any adjusting notes on events after the reporting date?

Whilst the Rangers games were a boost, we've also seen a drop in walk-ups and a significant drop in hospitality numbers. We've also had to pay off a manager and a number of players which, release clauses or not, will have cost a fair bit. 

We've brought in one or two players but we don't know whether that was Billy Bowie funding it personally in the hope of keeping us up or not. 

Are we f**k.

It's simply the annual "Kilmarnock in administration" line doing the rounds.

I'm glad you're so confident. Given the hotel deals and the state of the accounts I'd say this is the closest we've been to administration yet. 

Of course, we could announce some external funding at the AGM and that'll delay the seemingly inevitable for another wee while however unless we get an overwhelming sea-change in attitudes soon we will go into administration one day - I do not doubt that for one minute. 

Whilst the Rangers games were a boost, we've also seen a drop in walk-ups and a significant drop in hospitality numbers. We've also had to pay off a manager and a number of players which, release clauses or not, will have cost a fair bit.

We've brought in one or two players but we don't know whether that was Billy Bowie funding it personally in the hope of keeping us up or not.

I'm glad you're so confident. Given the hotel deals and the state of the accounts I'd say this is the closest we've been to administration yet.

Of course, we could announce some external funding at the AGM and that'll delay the seemingly inevitable for another wee while however unless we get an overwhelming sea-change in attitudes soon we will go into administration one day - I do not doubt that for one minute.

I reckon it's all those players tied down to three year contracts.

We certainly used to zero budget cup competitions, which would pretty much cover all you've mentioned and more. Also, any figures in the accounts for legal fees, and specific charges relating to AJ's departure would be broadly reflective, if not slightly more than anything we paid for Gary Locke.

I don't have access to the accounts, but if there was to be a concern about the going concern assumption from any point from reporting date to now, it would have to be added. Is it just that line from the Auditors, or is there more?

If we were " fucked" as some believe there would have been a battening down of the hatches , no new players , any agent worth there salt would not allow a player to come here,no sackings of managers etc etc .

I've been to many an agm and can't remember too many £'s in the profit column . Granted that was before we went debt free and flying without an overdraft .

An auditors report as some on here will know is a no nonsense look at the bare facts without taking into account the emotions that surround the company under scrutiny. Also rough figures from the present year won't be covered and I have to believe that the board have a handle on them .

Until we have the full facts and the board answer the correct questions posed to them at the agm it's pure speculation

I don't know the finances behind Killie at the moment but Clark will be a prudent choice if you manage to stay up. Regardless of his ability, as long as he's got a decent knowledge of the lower leagues in England (Which he does) he'll be able to recruit some cheap, unknown stars that you'd imagine will turn into stars in out league ala Butcher at ICT. It'll cover for his actual ability as a manager and as long as you don't go down this year (And you don't go into admin by the sounds of things looking at this thread) then I'd imagine you'll be a much tougher proposition next season.

I mean it can't be any worse than picking from a pool of players that had to have had Rangers in their career history to qualify signing.

Edited by Ludo *1

I don't know the finances behind Killie at the moment but Clark will be a prudent choice if you manage to stay up. Regardless of his ability, as long as he's got a decent knowledge of the lower leagues in England (Which he does) he'll be able to recruit some cheap, unknown stars that you'd imagine will turn into stars in out league ala Butcher at ICT. It'll cover for his actual ability as a manager and as long as you don't go down this year (And you don't go into admin by the sounds of things looking at this thread) then I'd imagine you'll be a much tougher proposition next season.

I mean it can't be any worse than picking from a pool of players that had to have had Rangers in their career history to qualify signing.

Totally agreed. We've been shite for nearly three years uninterrupted, I feel there's more of an obvious plan from Clark in the short time he's been there than in all that time before.

I am confident.  It's been a mainstay of my 30+ years as a Kilmarnock fan.

In more important matters than the continued existence of the club it seems Killie are now 'at war' with Brownings. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3537015/Kilmarnock-war-Killie-Pie-local-bakery-apply-trademark-famous-Rugby-Park-delicacy.html

Kilmarnock have become embroiled in a legal battle over the naming rights to their iconic, award-winning ‘Killie Pie’.

Brownings Bakers, makers of the local delicacy repeatedly named the best in the SPFL Premiership, sparked pie wars with the Rugby Park board by applying to trademark the fans’ favourite.

Brownings Managing Director John Gall – a lifelong supporter and vocal critic of company secretary Michael Johnston – has now been told the firm’s 13-year tie-up with the club will end on May 31.

Gall, a fierce public opponent of the decision to sack Kenny Shiels as manager in 2013, is now expected to withdraw all sponsorship at the club.

Kilmarnock trademarked the ‘Killie’ name for club merchandise in 1998 and believe Brownings have cashed in on the success of a product once again voted the best in the Premiership in January.

The league strugglers, currently fighting for their top-tier survival, have now instructed trademark attorneys Marks & Clerks to fight the Brownings bid to call the ‘Killie Pie’ their own.

Arguing the ‘Killie Pie’ was manufactured by local butcher WW Wales before Brownings became involved, a Kilmarnock statement to Sportsmail claimed: ‘The Killie Pie was first made not by Brownings but by other local bakers who won a best football pie in Britain award.

‘In 2003, it was agreed by the then Kilmarnock chief executive that Brownings would supply the match-day tea-bar catering and as part of that agreement, Brownings were given the right to use the club’s ‘Killie’ trademark on its pies.

‘This was a commercial agreement which included an annual sponsorship spend on advertising and hospitality but with no additional charge for Brownings’ use of the “Killie†trademark.

‘The club has supported the Brownings business for 13 years by allowing them royalty free use of the club’s trademark “Killie†on pies.’

Kilmarnock claim they have backed a major expansion of the ‘Killie Pie’ success story by spending £20,000 a year on Brownings products, but have been denied details of how much cash the local firm now earns from sales of the product across the west of Scotland.

‘It is understood that sales have grown very significantly from which the club receives nothing in return — Brownings refuse to disclose details of their sales to Kilmarnock FC,’ a club statement read.

‘In the summer of 2015, Brownings opened discussions for an exclusive trademark licence agreement through their solicitors but subsequently, without informing the club, Brownings applied for their own trademark for the “Killie Pie†name.

‘The club has instructed its trademark attorneys, Marks & Clerk, to oppose Brownings’ trademark application. The club has also taken expert legal advice and, based upon that, has served notice that all contractual arrangements with Brownings will end on May 31.

‘These steps have been taken with the club’s best interests in mind and with the sole purpose of protecting the club’s valuable intellectual property.’

Brownings chief Gall has endured an uneasy relationship with Johnston, chairing an unsuccessful bid by a group of local businesses to oust the local chairman three years ago.

Jim Mann, the club’s most recent chairman, announced his decision to step down this week. Johnston, now company secretary, is unlikely to return as chairman following fierce criticism from supporters.

Insisting the legal row with Brownings is not just the latest spat between Johnston and Gall, a Killie source told Sportsmail: ‘Over the years, because of the football club, the “Killie Pie†has received massive publicity on television and elsewhere, which has led to increased sales.

‘That’s fine, because it has benefited Brownings. But now, when the football club is looking for some return on is trademark, we have encountered this attempt by Brownings to apply for their own “Killie Pie†trademark behind the club’s back.’

Fine and dandy, however the reaction of your clubs fans on the site would suggest they are not.Bowing down to the old firm again.

Hardly. They're showing a Scottish football match on TV on a weekend when we're not playing.

With everything that you could feasably rip us about at the moment, it's a curious thing to alight upon.

Must try harder.

Hardly. They're showing a Scottish football match on TV on a weekend when we're not playing.

With everything that you could feasably rip us about at the moment, it's a curious thing to alight upon.

Must try harder.

Its an absolute shambolic decision to tweet about an early licence or the old firm semi from the Official Killie twitter account

For one the club does not get any of the money made by the sports bar, all goes to MJ and BB in their big "free" hotel.

Wonder if they will get an early licence for the ICT game next weekend. same kick off time and Killie are actually involved

Also not heard a peep out of the club about the relegation battle we are currently in, no offers for the home games, no advertisement for the games.

They club don't care about the long term, just about the next few pounds they can scrape together to fill MJ and BBs pockets

We are an embarrassment of a club, something Admin might sort out...

Park hotel is showing Old Firm game on Sunday........carnage!

Thats not the point, obviously they would be showing the match, but for an official club social media page to be pandering to old firm fans to come to a 'killie' pub is an atrocious decision, and if you cant see that then you have lost touch with the general fanbase as much as the board have.

If this was to be publicised at all, it should have been directly from the sports bar or Park Hotel. Not from the official account. As stated before the sports bar makes no income for the club, so hopefully they have paid for this advertisement...

This is the most important part of our season and there has been nothing to galvanise the fans from the club, even after a 3-0 victory they have been extremely quiet from all social media pages. Infact the nonsense with the pies and now this has somehow managed to create a negative feeling again. The club just goes from one mistake to another. Total failure of a club for the last 5 years.

Selling out the fans to gain income from the twisted sisters down the road again! Club isnt interested in the fans and would sell us all down the river for a quick buck.