The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Seems to be outwith Pooler that the releases are the right thing to do, now Locke can be truly judged on the players he now brings in - if he brings in players in the mould as he played we should have a really hard working team ( hopefully not always injured like him!). Maybe with Paska and Samson away and Boyd back we might have a less militant dressing room that pulls behind a manager. Key for season coming get bonus sorted now and release this happy news to fans and press to show a united front rather than negative press right from the off.

Edited by Blue and white stripes

Does anyone think Locke should get a contract extension now he's successfully kept us up in the top flight after aj almost relegated us?

3 years doesn't seem enough time to stamp his mark on the team

Locke hasn't exactly steered us clear of relegation comfortably, has he? From the limited amount I've seen of the team this season, though, it would have taken someone with extreme motivational skills to get a regular decent performance from a side who seemed to make it a matter of pride to be second to every ball. Let's see who he brings in, and if he can get them playing foot-, not hoof-, ball. Then we can judge.

I have to say, though, there seems to be a lack of commitment and even caring about some performances this last year to year and a half, and let's just hope we can get it together to do the rebuilding in the top tier.

A lot of negativity for GL on here and quite rightly so after the awful end to the season.

Think we need to wipe the slate and judge him for his decisions here on in.

AJ did leave him a fair load of shite.

A lot of negativity for GL on here and quite rightly so after the awful end to the season.

Think we need to wipe the slate and judge him for his decisions here on in.

AJ did leave him a fair load of shite.

He was a part of the management team which signed that "shite" last summer. He clearly had a big input on the signings of the likes of Ngoo.

Why do we have to wipe the slate clean? Our finish to this season, in conjunction with his woeful performance at Hearts last season, form part of a large body of evidence which suggests that he shouldn't be Kilmarnock manager. His appointment will prove to be one of the biggest mistakes in our recent history.

"It hs been frustrating because as a manager you get judged on the team and obviously I have inherited this team," he said.

"I would like to make a few changes because it is blatantly obvious that we need to make a few changes and then hopefully you will get judged on the team you are trying to build.

"I have to try to put my own stamp on the team and the only way I can do that is by players moving out."

"It is certainly not the bit of the management that I enjoy but it has to be done because we have struggled for the last two seasons and we have to make sure it doesn't happen next season.

"Most of the talks are done and then it is up to me in the summer to try to get a few in.

"I am not kidding myself, I don't have loads of money to go and bring in eight or nine players, we are running a tight budget.

"There might be eight or nine go out but we might only get to bring four or five in so the squad will certainly be a bit smaller.

"But we have to try and add a bit better quality and if we can do that hopefully we can do that next season."