The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Not sure it has to be one or the other? If Croserky signs, then I imagine it'll be mainly as a development squad player initially - an area we're struggling to fill at that level. Get him on a long term deal on fairly small wages and it could be a risk worth taking. He certainly looked to have something about him today.

We have two right-backs, so can't see us adding there. If Liam Craig signs then that's our central midfield full too. If the rumours about Samson are true (i.e. he wants out & we want him out) then that would be a significant bit of wages saved also, then we can look at one or two extra back-ups. We managed to play two different elevens today, so if not we're still fairly covered.

I thought Samson said he was happy to stay a fight for number 1? If he leaves all the better. But do we then recall Breenan?

What Is it with the influx of Partick fans taking such a interest in our club?

Is it because we've actually signed players?

Seeing as Partick have done f**k all but lose their players this transfer window.

Calm down, precious. I wouldn't say that it's mighty unusual for fans of opposing clubs to flock to the threads of those who're active in the transfer market. Especially when they're signing big-name Championship flops.

Edited by Nizzy

What Is it with the influx of Partick fans taking such a interest in our club?

Is it because we've actually signed players?

Seeing as Partick have done f**k all but lose their players this transfer window.

You're ripping the heid aff it at signing Lee McCulloch. That in itself creates enough hilarity to visit this thread.

The former Rangers might turn out to be astute signings if they can recapture former glories. They might turn out to be keich, but their failings are offset by the success of Locke's other signings. Who knows?

At this moment this thread's the forum equivalent of driving on a country road while keeping a watchful eye on the driver who's taking increasingly bigger risks as he attempts to overtake those on the same stretch.

Edited by Nizzy

You're ripping the heid aff it at signing Lee McCulloch. That in itself creates enough hilarity to visit this thread.

I'm happy we've signed him because everyone else seems to have a deep hate for him.

Top heel.

The former Rangers might turn out to be astute signings if they can recapture former glories. They might turn out to be keich, but their failings are offset by the success of Locke's other signings. Who knows?

At this moment this thread's the forum equivalent of driving on a country road while keeping a watchful eye on the driver who's taking increasingly bigger risks as he attempts to overtake those on the same stretch.

Is it really though? We've not lost any of the starting 11 that kept us up last season.

Is it really though? We've not lost any of the starting 11 that kept us up last season.

Is it what? A risk? I'd say signing three ageing players from a team that finished third in the second tier is a gamble, yes.

Is it what? A risk? I'd say signing three ageing players from a team that finished third in the second tier is a gamble, yes.

One is a proven goalscorer at this level and has a good understanding of Kilmarnock. The next is a half decent left back, who was played out of position in 18 of his 20 games last season. McCulloch brings experience and can coach the young players, plus he is unlikely to play that much anyway this season.

Yes we've signed 3 ageing players from a team that finished 3rd in the second tier but let's break them down.

Boyd is a proven goalscorer for Kilmarnock, and given the correct service plus a desire to prove last season was more down to the club he was at rather than him being on the decline.

Smith is a left back, a position we have struggled to fill in the last few seasons and have resorted to playing right backs in that position at the end of last season. Would still like to see us bring in extra cover for left back but the Smith signing strengthens the team.

McCulloch, the main reason for the other supporters to currently point and laugh, has a 3 year player/assistant manager deal. I'll bet that 2 years of that deal are as AM only. He's a backup squad player this season who as much as I detest as a player will prove to be useful when injuries/suspensions kick in. I'll be shocked if he makes more than 10 appearances this season.

It is telling that we played 2 different teams v Berwick yesterday and 'elbows' got a grand total of 0 minutes.

If McCulloch had received a playing only deal then it would quite rightly receive seethe from Killie fans and scorn from everyone else.

With regards to this being a gamble, 2 positions Killie have all been strengthened so far by Gary Locke. McCulloch is here as assistant manager and will be an extra body squad only called upon emergency.

Not as much of a gamble as it first appears

The notion that Boyd's failure last season was the fault of anyone but him is tosh. Look at the chance he fluffed in the opening exchanges of the second leg of the play-off final. He's certainly lost something.

Look, the Boyd I saw score a 20 yard volley on the angle at Firhill isn't the Boyd of today. He doesn't have to be to hold down a starting place at Killie. But let's not pretend he hasn't peaked.