• Created
  • Last Reply

1979 devolution referendum votes:

Yes - 1,230,937

No - 1,153,502

Percentages:

Yes - 51.62%

No - 48.38%

.....Another resounding endorsement of the Union.

Indeed. I'm not usually one for being stuck in the past...move on and all that, but this is one such example that should never, ever be forgotten.

The absolute devious, underhand and outright undemocratic way in which this vote was hijacked by the Labour Party and ratified by the Tories should be rammed down their throats at every available opportunity.

It also serves to highlight exactly how easy it is for Westminster to engineer ways of keeping North Britain in check against the will of the people.

They unfortunately control us and ultimately there isn't much we can do about it as it stands

Just watched the whole speech. Sturgeon is better than Salmond. :wub:

We must live equally exciting lives because I've just finished watching the whole thing too.

Not necessarily better than Salmond but equally effective and probably the right leader at this time putting across the right message. It's the sort of message I would have expected from Labour in the distant past and, if they weren't so blinkered, many existing Labour Party members throughout the UK could buy into her message.

Her position of the SNP acting as Labour's moral conscience is spot on and I hope her challenge to Milliband is given the prominence it deserves both sides of the border.

If we accept that the Labur Party has an individual membership of 193,000 - it's very questionable but that is the most up to date figure I can find - the the SNP now has more than SIX TIMES as many members on a pro rata population basis.

I wonder how much the MSM would be heralding membership growth and statistics if it were one of the other parties.

I was thinking about that last night actually. To have the equivalent sized membership the Labour party would have to have almost two million members and the Tories over a million.

That's how big a movement the SNP are now. Fucking glorious.

In Scotland the SNP are the establishment now.

I was thinking about that last night actually. To have the equivalent sized membership the Labour party would have to have almost two million members and the Tories over a million.

That's how big a movement the SNP are now. Fucking glorious.

In Scotland the SNP are the establishment now.

Love the SNP

Archived