Team of season (not all Hearts!)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think with the exception of our title challenging season, David McGurn has been our only justifiable selection for any team of the season since promotion in 2009. Nothing different this season.

He turns 35 this year so I fear next season may be his last. I'll genuinely be heartbroken when he isn't our number one.

Mcgurn(Raith)

Gray(Hibs)

Ozturk(Hearts)

Gordon(Alloa)

Wallace(Rangers)

Agnew(Dumbarton)

Gomis(Hearts)

Sibbald(Falkirk)

Vaughan(Raith)

Reilly(QotS)

Keatings(Hearts)

Subs:

Alexander(Hearts)

Stevenson(Hibs)

Barr(Raith)

Allan(Hibs)

Russell(QotS)

Cawley(Alloa)

Baird(Falkirk)

Mcgurn and Vaughan have both been oustanding since they've come into the team for us.

The rest of the players are players who I've been impressed with when playing us.

Apologies to Cowden and Livi fans. I cant think of any player from either team who has particularly impressed this season.

There really isn't much question in who the better keeper is to be honest..

How many times have you seen Rogers this season? Neither group of fans is in a position to judge who's better than the other tbh.

I'd say Rogers is better but I watch him week in week out. He's also Republic of Irelands u21 no1 at the minute and has earned 3 caps for them this season. He's very highly rated by Aberdeen and Jim Leighton is down watching him often, they believe he will be their number 1 shortly, it wouldn't surprise me if that was next season. Rogers will no doubt have a far superior career in the game and even at this young age has very few noticeable flaws in his game if any at all.

As for McGurn I've seen him 3 times playing against us and around twice on the tv against Rangers. Only thing of note I can remember was a wonder save against us at the death but I've seen Danny pull off numerous wonder saves this season. Who's better at the minute? f**k knows cause I can't say I've seen McGurn enough to make that call nor paid much attention to him.

I'm calling an end to the pointless debate.

Mcgurn(Raith)

Gray(Hibs)

Ozturk(Hearts)

Gordon(Alloa)

Wallace(Rangers)

Agnew(Dumbarton)

Gomis(Hearts)

Sibbald(Falkirk)

Vaughan(Raith)

Reilly(QotS)

Keatings(Hearts)

Subs:

Alexander(Hearts)

Stevenson(Hibs)

Barr(Raith)

Allan(Hibs)

Russell(QotS)

Cawley(Alloa)

Baird(Falkirk)

Mcgurn and Vaughan have both been oustanding since they've come into the team for us.

The rest of the players are players who I've been impressed with when playing us.

Apologies to Cowden and Livi fans. I cant think of any player from either team who has particularly impressed this season.

How much game time has Vaughan had this season and you'd put him in a team of the year?

How much game time has Vaughan had this season and you'd put him in a team of the year?

IMO other than Mcgurn this season, Vaughan is the only player that has gotten me off my seat really this season. I also couldn't think of any other player that has impressed me this season to fill that gap. Its just an opinion though. He wont be in the official team of the year though, No.

and Barr as a sub,he's only played a handful of games

The man is just getting a bit carried away at our recent upsurge. To be fair, you can't blame him after some of the torture we went through in 2014.

How many times has he been called up to the Ireland U21s this season?

#Zings

Right, I'm looking for the team of the season. We'll have one from each team, with two from Hearts. 4-4-2. Nominations from your own team only please...

GK:

DEF:

DEF:

DEF:

DEF:

MID:

MID:

MID:

MID:

FOR:

FOR:

My nomination for Falkirk is Craig Sibbald - by far the most skillful player in our team.

my nominee for goalie would be Rodgers and at left centre back would be Findlay, with 11 under 21 caps surely a better all round player than Wilson.

Ho-hum. McGurn is the best goalkeeper in the league by a country mile. It's a waste of a nomination naming anyone else.

shite gave you a reddy by mistook….sorry neebs…the witch is supernatural at times….

To be honest, as much as I see the point of trying to include players from every side the fact is that Hearts have swept through the division and deserve to have most players in the team of the season. I guess for that you start with Hearts best 11 and then think about players in some positions who may be better. It wouldn't be many based on what I've seen.

It's hard to judge Neil Alexander as he's not had that much to do against us. We scored twice, one of which was a penalty, the other a tap in. We did batter them for half an hour in our first meeting but that apart he hasn't had much to do. As for other candidates, I can only presume Rogers is saving his outstandingness for all the other games because he's looked reasonably average against us. Unlike McGurn. For me he was narrowly edged by Michael McGovern last season. McGovern is no longer here, McGurn is the best keeper for me. He hasn't played the whole season of course but I think he's played enough to be considered.

Surprised to see some Hearts fans suggesting Danny Wilson has been poor. He's strolled through our games and on those I'd take him over Ozturk. I've not been all that impressed with Eckersley. I'd happily swap him for a left back elsewhere, maybe Lee Wallace. Maybe Lewis Stevenson, although Danny Carmichael has kept him reasonably quiet in our games. Otherwise I'd stick with Hearts back four.

I doubt I'd move far away from the Hearts midfield either. Gomis is the best player I've seen this season. Pallardo is classy and effective. Walker unplayable at times and Bauban a solid support. I acknowldge the fuss about Scott Allan who is neat and tidy but I don't think I'd pick him over the Hearts group.

Up top Sow has looked tremendous against us when he was fit. I know he's missed a chunk of the season but he's an automatic pick for me. Not convinced by Zeefuik. Probably an argument for Cummings or Reilly, or even Rory Loy for the other position though Loy doesn't score as many as the others. I like the look of Lewis Vaughan too but he hasn't played enough to seriously be considered.

In reality though it's a very small handful of players who could even be considered to replace Hearts players in a team of the season for the division.

Archived