Team of season (not all Hearts!)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think with the exception of our title challenging season, David McGurn has been our only justifiable selection for any team of the season since promotion in 2009. Nothing different this season.

He turns 35 this year so I fear next season may be his last. I'll genuinely be heartbroken when he isn't our number one.

McGurn by far the best keeper that season.

About 5 minutes in -

It's a good save but why are you still going on about it 5 years later?

Why didn't he save the free kick for the Ayr goal?

Is there a possibility it is exaggerated by the fact you sneaked a goal to get a result in the end?

Finally, even if he was the best keeper in 2010, how does that justify him making the 14/15 team of the year?

Danny Rogers #1

From what ive gathered from reading the first page every poster picks one player from their team then there will be one player from each team and two from hearts in a 4-4-2 formation. Wouldn't it be easier if everyone picked their best 11 with 1 player from each team then two from any other team and the winner in each position is picked.

The way it seems from page one could leave positions lacked and you may not fit it in a 4-4-2. Anyways Liam Buchanan for me

a) It's a good save but why are you still going on about it 5 years later?

b) Why didn't he save the free kick for the Ayr goal?

c) Is there a possibility it is exaggerated by the fact you sneaked a goal to get a result in the end?

d) Finally, even if he was the best keeper in 2010, how does that justify him making the 14/15 team of the year?

Danny Rogers #1

a) I'm not. RRFC2711 asked if anyone had it, that's all.

b) The shot took a deflection, I think.

c) If you say so.

d) Why are you asking me?

Rogers over Mcgurn? Unbeaten against you lot this season and you couldn't pick a single rovers player..?

This is just my opinion, I've not been to any of the games against you lot this year so I've not seen Yous play, this teams the players I've seen this year.

Rogers hasn't really done much to impress against Hearts (one good save in the 0-0 is all I can remember). I have seen more of McGurn and he looks very assured.

I'm going to assume you missed the 4-0 game at Tynecastle a few weeks ago then:

https://twitter.com/TheLondonHearts/status/577483520429408256

The best save he's made all season was against Alloa though, in injury time, leading 1-0. One of the best saves I've ever seen.

https://youtu.be/iGb7zZHlzcw?t=513

• 2 weeks later...

McGurn for me by far best GK in the league & a match winner as proven many a times this season!

I reckon if Barr was fit from start of season he'd have been in there too at CB, not a bad game I've seen him play yet!!

Derek Lyle should be in there anyway. Currently 2nd top scorer in the league (14), 18 goals overall, not playing for one of the "big 3", 34 year old, and has a great tan. 8)

Archived