Clyde v East Fife

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any chance at all of anyone, who did NOT blindly sign away the right of an institution to ever be in control of its own affairs again, just to save on rent and to live off the generous donations of well-meaning but utterly clueless and emotionless nosey-parkers, not being sneered at for daring to cross Ho Chi John???

Is there any chance at all of anyone, who did NOT blindly sign away the right of an institution to ever be in control of its own affairs again, just to save on rent and to live off the generous donations of well-meaning but utterly clueless and emotionless nosey-parkers, not being sneered at for daring to cross Ho Chi John???

Who is sneering at you?

I'll take that as an acknowledgement that sneering is present, then. For such a small support, we don't half possess one helluva chunk of toffee-nosed teacher's pet nodding dogs. If some still believe the club will 'die' fairly shortly (quite a few do, although it won't...it'll just continue on life support until it flatlines one day due to absolute apathy) they're obviously not too fussed about it if they want to wait a decade until the club can relocate to a nice uppity area once its all done up for them. Just like Broadwood was. Just to prove a point.

Guest andyp1301

think the last line is the stumbling block I doubt they would even enter into an discussions about the ground , unfortunatlely I dont think we can wait 10 years

ps would be a dream come true ,but I think it will remain as such :(

I am fairly sure the board would have explored this as an option whilst considering the move away from Broadwood.

If not, it would be remiss not to consider a move back to our home and I just can't see them ignoring the possibility. Many factors could have stopped the conversation dead in it's tracks and the " last line " as stated earlier....may well suggest that open and serious talks could not be held. The board will be doing everything within their powers to get this move right for the club, as we are at a very pivotal stage in our history. A bad move can not be tolerated or sustained at this stage having just got out of debt. Now is the time to make a great choice and to put down roots where we can generate the funds to put a great team on the pitch that gives us more wins than losses and serious progression within Scottish football. It's time....and I look forward to an announcement soon and I imagine that due diligence is being done right now and it looks like Shettleston is the move that is being most seriously considered. Be interesting to find out the terms of the deal......whether we are buying the ground or renting....I would hope we will buy so that we can be in control of our own destiny going forward.

If it is Shettleston, it will be a work in progress for a few years to come and we will all need to be patient....but hopefully what goes on with the team on the park, will help us forgive the state of the place whilst it becomes modernised.

come on Clyde....been sleeping too long now!

I'll take that as an acknowledgement that sneering is present, then. For such a small support, we don't half possess one helluva chunk of toffee-nosed teacher's pet nodding dogs. If some still believe the club will 'die' fairly shortly (quite a few do, although it won't...it'll just continue on life support until it flatlines one day due to absolute apathy) they're obviously not too fussed about it if they want to wait a decade until the club can relocate to a nice uppity area once its all done up for them. Just like Broadwood was. Just to prove a point.

No, you shouldn't take it as that at all. I asked you the question because I haven't read any sneering.

think the last line is the stumbling block I doubt they would even enter into an discussions about the ground , unfortunatlely I dont think we can wait 10 years

ps would be a dream come true ,but I think it will remain as such :(

You slightly misunderstand what I mean about 10 years

They could go back now under one arrangement that I doubt would cost them much, though I'm basing that on the grant being available that was quoted around the time of the initial Showpark proposal. If that's not the case, then that's different. Allowing for the effects of a full moon on the man (!), I've a feeling he'd be interested. There'd be nothing but gain for him. But he's also an old man & it could be over approximately 10 years two things go roughly hand in hand, so a new arrangement & partnership comes into force. You get what I mean?

You slightly misunderstand what I mean about 10 years

They could go back now under one arrangement that I doubt would cost them much, though I'm basing that on the grant being available that was quoted around the time of the initial Showpark proposal. If that's not the case, then that's different. Allowing for the effects of a full moon on the man (!), I've a feeling he'd be interested. There'd be nothing but gain for him. But he's also an old man & it could be over approximately 10 years two things go roughly hand in hand, so a new arrangement & partnership comes into force. You get what I mean?

see what you mean

No, you shouldn't take it as that at all. I asked you the question because I haven't read any sneering.

Call it interpretation, if you will. You can't seriously deny the chronic absence of enthusiasm from some quarters being borne from genuine annoyance that what many wanted delivered now will not be, and their 'inside man' has seemingly (however reluctantly i may add) abandoned his MO, surely?? I almost struggle to understand it myself tbh SLW as to why anyone would actually be happy that significant portions of a meagre budget go into outsiders pockets, if there are possible options to avoid continuing down that road. This was never a problem when times were good at the club....nos they are not, and some responsibility needs to be taken by the club instead of waiting on the next landlords scraping us off the bottom of their shoes (again), the big bad council taking us to court (again) or the big bad community trust winding the club up when its benefactors have had enough and want their dough back (100% cast-iron certainty if it went through).

A move back home is not going to happen. King has other plans, Council have tried and failed to get him out. Wrongly he believes he is sitting on a goldmine, he also believes that by letting it rot the council will eventually agree to his demands.

Shettleston for me is the best option on the table, provided at worst the club is in a 50/50 agreement with the juniors.

Just wish the club would move their ass and get the name change completely off the table to enable me to get back to a game. Where we play does not greatly fuss me, the name does.

I actually feel sorry for the decent Clyde supporters! Some of your guys that post on here are an embarrassment to themselves and club. Good luck for rest of season. Ta ta

ta ta ? by the look of East fife on Saturday they ain't going anywhere soon ????

I actually feel sorry for the decent Clyde supporters! Some of your guys that post on here are an embarrassment to themselves and club. Good luck for rest of season. Ta ta

For fucks sake, go to your opening post and lock this thread, people's eyes are starring to bleed now!!!

Archived