Clyde v East Fife

Good to get another three points. Good performances from Marko and Marsh. Just hope Marko and Murray will be able to go a full season; we'll do okay next year if that's the case.

Marko could probably play twice a week for the rest of his days and still stroll every game in this division. What a boy.

Functional performance I'd say today, lacking pace and gumption in the final third as always though. In spite of this I thought McQueen did well again; causes so many problems and looks more and more comfortable every week. A stupid decision from Martin to go to ground was redeemed by a fantastic save from a good penalty: that and his late save from a header vindicating the PotY vote I cast. Marsh did pretty well in midfield, his touch let him down on a few occasions but he was relatively effective and his distribution was a pleasant surprise. Pollock did well and I'd definitely look to sign him up for next season.

Like I said a few weeks ago, we've got the bones of a good squad for next season already signed up. A back-up keeper (if Barclay stays), left back, centre mid and prolific striker (as ever) all on my wishlist for the summer. Hopefully we can sign Pollock and retain Slane too.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not upset when team wins neither bitter nor twisted would rather finish 9 th get humped rest of games just to induce change but won*t happen so wont renew season tickets ,if barry has been successful then god help us have clubs interest at heart barry has'nt he thought league 2 win it with ease big job this is his last job total idiot if you lot knew what a was told last sat night about the way he spoke to 2 players shocked would b an underestimate not stirring just facts he believes everything he does is right and doesnt accept he doing anything wrong arrogance personafied hope a spelt it right

Your posts are painful to read because they are full of repetitive pish and use less punctuation than a primary 2. We know you hate barry please stop telling us. You must be dreading the prospect of him getting things right next season! Until then please do us all a favour and stop posting.

Since the start of 2015, we've picked up points at a rate which basically matches our performance over the whole of 13-14.

It's been much better for sure, although it ls far from perfect. If manager compliments the physical core we now have with genuine pace and some goals then we should do really well next year and, perhaps, we can allow the first half of this season to be forgiven.

What's for sure is that we have in large parts not competed in the worst bottom division in terms of quality.

Replacing the best player in the league will also be very hard.

We looked tired today I thought. We dug in though and got the win. The penalty save was superb and made up for a complete rush of blood to come out where then was little to be concerned about. It's the least we've created in matches of late but a good header from a good corner but questions over the goalkeeper for me. Came for the ball when getting nowhere near it to start with, got lost in a crowd of players and leaving McManus to nod home with a well taken header.

I honestly thought we were out of the playoff chase but the last week has given us, and many others, a real good chance. Hopefully now all fears of the dreaded bottom place are gone we can give it a good go. Our goal difference may come back to haunt us I fear.

After looking at David's post I looked into the figures a bit more; extrapolating our 2015 form so far to a full season would give us 56 or 57 points. Extrapolating our form from around the time of the arrival of Parker, Scott McLaughlin (who only managed a few games), Slane and Roberts would see us collect 65 or 66 points over the course of a season. By contrast, the 2014 form would see us on 36 points in total. Ferguson's definitely turned things around lately; to suggest otherwise would be ridiculous. Considering the injuries and illnesses we've been contending with for about a month now, I'd say the right additions over the summer could see us have a tilt at the title next season.

Thanks to all the decent Clyde posters who condemned the cowardly idiots who smashed the bus window.

As for the game I thought we deserved a point at least but taking a good 15 minutes to regain our shape and composure after going behind is probably my biggest gripe. Great to have Julen back though...

I'm no one was hurt,and there is no excuse for damaging the bus. There were a bunch of youngsters hanging out behind the away stand during the game. Was it them?

Good result, fairly decent performance, and now mathematically beyond the drop.

Can someone please explain the thought processes behind putting the windows in on the away supporters bus after you've just won the game. What a bunch of complete cumstains.

FAO Stevo......i found it for you. Looks like 'blaming Clyde fans' to me.

Right. So it doesn't matter if the bus gets stoned as long as no one gets hurt? Just a bit of banter eh?

I've already said that I don't believe they were necessarily even at the game. Probably just the local neds trying to justify their existence. Doesn't mean that Clyde and NLL shouldn't be doing something about them.

Bit of a contradiction there, surely.

If u not a thug how come u witness such incidents as most fams just go to their cars bus etc and go home a thimk we may have a aggro dyer on our hands or danny aggro whatever
f**k off so young lads goin to switch of their xbox or whatever to stone east fife fans aye sure can just picture it right boys leave that alone we got buses tae stone man
Aye we should b promotion favs wi 2 eld c***s pickin up betting money nxt season wit a load of shite we finish 9 th bye the looks of things so who coming in and if players leaving they must b recent aquisitions all bawbags so does he admit he signed shit or do we buy that old chestnut about transition could av bought that aug tae jan but cmon tae f**k
You stat fucks are ridiculous .full stop there. To suggest things , coma have turned around ,is proposterous to say the least old boys ,another coma bring back big mike haha fuking ha that was an explisive sorry
Dead prat so where now fanny only guy who says it how he see it aye play offs possible now bunch of imbeciles
What the fucking hell have you been drinking???? I'll have two of whatever it is, because it appears to wire you to the bloody moon.

Well well, Clyde won and Scott McManus scored the winner. I can almost picture im john mckay retreating into his study with a bottle of brandy and a revolver :lol:

As for the panning-in of the supporters bus, I'm really sorry to hear that. I've not been to Broadwood for about a year now (I live in Newcastle these days), but I can't even think of anyone who attends regularly who would do that. Maybe I'm just out of touch. Either way though, it's an absolute c***s trick and I hope nobody was hurt or anything like that

perhaps your playing junior in Glasgow and dipping players pockets in their dressing room now ?????? #gambleaware

Archived