Hibernian vs Queen of the South 04/04/15

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once you get Hibs sussed, they're easy to beat. Stubbs doesnt have the ability to change things.

Suddenly Sevco's victory over our hapless neighbours looks even less impressive.

Hibs were hibs. We rode our luck at times but hibs didn't really have us in any real danger barring the drastic late surge I expected. God know how the late chance stayed out. No surprise raith shat out the play off battle just as we could have done with them getting something.

Despite being In a league featuring a side that had conceded 10 (ten) in one match, a team who have been deducted five points for not paying tax and the biggest omnishambles in world football. Hibs somehow manage to be the main laughing stock.

WTF are Hibs playing at.

Regular visitors to this particular comedy show know exactly what.

An absolute shambles of a club.

The excellent King of the North of JKB said it better than I ever could...

You've lost. In the battle between us as rivals, if it ever really existed, you've lost. Not only again, not in the same way you have done so regularly in the last 40 years, not even in the spectacular way you did on 190512. This is a much more permanent and final type of losing. Your club is fecked. Its over. Forget trying to compare yourselves to us. You've lost. Losers. Up ye, permanently, you fecking weirdos.

Fairly even, if dull, first half. Better start from Queens second half and were in control until the goal. Whether Hibs upped it a little or Queens sat off the rest of the game was played in the Queens half. We defended well but Hibs did look like a side a little bereft of ideas. It did look more and more, though, like an equaliser was going to come and I thought Oxleys header was going in!

Great result, especially with Raith lying down to Falkirk

We have had it sussed all season.

As have we really. They did manage a win at Palmerston in January when we presented them with a goal from a penalty and Robertson rattled one in from distance later on but otherwise they have offered little. We thoroughly deserved to win today and should have been three up in the opening 20 minutes. The other two games were a 1-0 for us and a 0-0 draw.

Boys deserved their win. Great shift.

Also have to mention Scott Allan's cynical attempt to get McKenna sent off with a frankly laughable dive. Very poor sportsmanship fortunately seen through by Calum Murray who had a decent game I thought.

Was this not the time last year when hibs were getting ready to Lord it over hearts and planning relegation parties , dreary me how the f**k did hibs end up so far behind hearts after they had just been trough financial disarray , you'd had a chance last season to separate yourselves from hearts but instead you got dragged down and instead are left behind . I know my club just now are light years behind Celtic at the moment and that is down to an absolute omnishambles which has engulfed us for 4 years from the boardroom to the dugout but you were in a stronger position off the field for years than hearts before they almost hit the brink, even the game at Easter road earlier in the year , hearts were not in the game then out of nowhere snatch a draw by scoring a 40 yard strike from nowhere , I am not superstitious but if I was hibs fan I would genuinely believe that my rivals held some sort of unbreakable curse over my club, it's so bizzarre.

Brilliant Performance by us in such a massive game for us, defensively probably our best display this season. Even if we were a bit negative at the end.

We started at a blistering pace, pressing high, playing our best stuff in ages and actually creating chances. Lyle almost scored two really good goals and the only real disapointment was that we didn't get a couple more on target. Hibs got into it a bit more and it seemed like it was going to be repeat of last game at Easter Road in Hibs knocking it around and creating nothing and Queens offering nothing. The goal was a very good build up, Danny did well not to panic and not go for goal and managed to get it to Holt who burst in the box and for some reason Durnan got a lucky break.

The rest of the game Hibs just launched everything, but they seemed so powderpuff and similar to what have been like the past few weeks in playing safe and getting nervous. I thought Malonga was atrocious and didn't look bothered, Cummings was indifferent and nothing Scott Allan did today worked, he was so deep at times today. I felt we withdrew from the game and taking short freekicks doesn't really waste much time especially when we lose the ball. I guess when we had so many injuries and nothing to bring on you have to err on the side of caution. I didn't feel like we going to concede until the last corner. The back three and Zander were just immense, dominating everything coming their way.

He gets a lot of stick but I love when McShane grows a pair and plays well, he broke up the play well and ran at folk at will, which makes it even more frustrating when he overhits a hollywood pass three times in a row. Derek Lyle gave everything out there, playing for a good while injured but still chucking himself about, a class act.

The main worry is the number of injuries from the game, Lyle looked buggered, McKenna went off with the physio and Paton got yet another injury. You can't criticise the board and Fowler for being tight when we have that amount of terrible fortune. A massive week awaits us now, and we're still here.

Did anyone else think Holt was fouled in the build up and Murray played a kind of advantage or was it not a foul at all ? Doesn't really matter now but few people around us were making that point.

Archived