Hibernian vs Queen of the South 04/04/15

Did anyone else think Holt was fouled in the build up and Murray played a kind of advantage or was it not a foul at all ? Doesn't really matter now but few people around us were making that point.

Yes I wondered about that.

Overall i thought the ref was good and as SD says great that he spotted Allan`s dive.

I wasn`t happy when he played advantage near the end and we promptly lost the ball when the free kick was clearly what we wanted :P

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly even, if dull, first half. Better start from Queens second half and were in control until the goal. Whether Hibs upped it a little or Queens sat off the rest of the game was played in the Queens half. We defended well but Hibs did look like a side a little bereft of ideas. It did look more and more, though, like an equaliser was going to come and I thought Oxleys header was going in!

Great result, especially with Raith lying down to Falkirk

Pretty much, this.

I thought we played well in the first half and had the better chances.

In the second, I was frustrated by how deep we got and how unable, or at times when we had free-kicks, even unwilling we were, to hold it in more advanced areas.

Our defence did really well under what became an onslaught. It's true at the same time to say however, that Hibs were all huff and puff, creating little that was clear cut.

This was definitely three points I'd not banked on, so it sets the approaching big games at Palmerston up really well.

PS What were the two bouts of applause during the first half all about?

2 wins out of 11 against QoS, Raith and Falkirk this season after this. No excuses for that, utter shite.

I've gotta say that given Hibs' long, good run, that is a truly spectacularly crap record against the division's middling sides.

I'm almost impressed by it.

Pretty much, this.

In the second, I was frustrated by how deep we got and how unable, or at times when we had free-kicks, even unwilling, to hold it in more advanced areas.

Our defence did really well under what became an onslaught. It's true at the same time to say however, that Hibs were all huff and puff, creating little that was clear cut.

This was definitely three points I'd not banked on, so it sets the approaching big games at Palmerston up really well.

PS What were the two bouts of applause during the first half all about?

Would imagine one would be in the 22 min for the edinburgh soldier Shaun Cole ((cousin of Livi player Cole) who died in a hit & run during the week on holiday in Miami.

Pretty much, this.

In the second, I was frustrated by how deep we got and how unable, or at times when we had free-kicks, even unwilling, to hold it in more advanced areas.

It became a what? Not the description I'd have used.

Have to say that much like the first two games against Hibs this season I was rarely worried by all their mostly sideways possession football. Surprised to see Zander got man of the match on the buses too. For me he was relatively untested. He had a good punch away under pressure late on and we smuggled one off the line in injury time but we had more good chances in that game than Hibs did. Reilly, was twice clear in on goal, pulling one of them wide and Oxley parried the other at close range from which Lyle's return effort was cleared off the line. Holt also fired a good early chance wide, Oxley made a spectacular save from Lyle right at the end of the first half and then we had the early goal in the second.

I thought at half time we might pay for not taking advantage early on when we were on top but in the end we got what we deserved.

It became a what? Not the description I'd have used.

Have to say that much like the first two games against Hibs this season I was rarely worried by all their mostly sideways possession football. Surprised to see Zander got man of the match on the buses too. For me he was relatively untested. He had a good punch away under pressure late on and we smuggled one off the line in injury time but we had more good chances in that game than Hibs did. Reilly, was twice clear in on goal, pulling one of them wide and Oxley parried the other at close range from which Lyle's return effort was cleared off the line. Holt also fired a good early chance wide, Oxley made a spectacular save from Lyle right at the end of the first half and then we had the early goal in the second.

I thought at half time we might pay for not taking advantage early on when we were on top but in the end we got what we deserved.

Thanks for individually listing all the things I'd already meant when I referred to us playing well in the first half and having the better chances.

The second half felt like an onslaught as we surrendered possession and territory too readily. As we've both said however, our goal only rarely came under direct threat.

Not sure why you wish to argue really, given that we seem to have seen the game in similar ways.

Hibs' virtual bye to the semi-final of the Cup has covered what a horrendous job Stubbs is doing, given how much they'll be paying some of their players the return they are getting is terrible. I suppose it says it all about how bad their previous managers have been that in comparison people are relatively happy with what they have now.

Thanks for individually listing all the things I'd already meant when I referred to us playing well in the first half and having the better chances. The second half felt like an onslaught as we surrendered possession and territory too readily. As we've both said however, our goal only rarely came under direct threat. Not sure why you wish to argue really, given that we seem to have seen the game in similar ways.

I'm taking issue with your use of the word "onslaught" which is about as innappropriate a description of Hibs second half performance as you could have found in my opinion.

The rest of the post wasn't aimed at you, more general observation, if anything a response to Mr X's earlier suggestion that the first half was "fairly even". However I lazily only quoted the latter post.

Dowie, Higgins and Durnan were outstanding! Clark had to make a number of good saves.

This was all after Durnan scored and we went 4-5-1 with Lyle filling in the midfield.

First half we were the better team. 4 very good chances in the first 15 minutes.

Carmichael had one or three penetrating moments... He set up Holt to burst thru ... He was tripped ... Could have had penalty but ball broke to Durnan who slotted home.

Considering that our resources are way below the top 3 and quite a bit below Falkirk's this is good season for us.

Beat Falkirk at Palmy and 4th could earn us a few extra bob.

Archived