Scotland's top 20 clubs

Dindeleux

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a similar debate to the world class player one, depends how low down you want to go with your description of major. Quite clear the League and the Scottish Cup are way ahead of anything else in Scotland.

No they're not - and you wouldn't be saying this 18 months ago. Stop being a knob.

Erm... Yes I would. How would you rank the trophies in Scotland? This should be very interesting.

Just like this...

The League cup is one of the 3 major trophies in scottish domestic football, the smallest of the 3

Like every sensible person.

Told myself I wouldn't rise to this :lol:

But I've always considered our direct peers to be Dunfermline, Thistle and St Mirren, you could rank us in any order really, and slightly below Killie and Motherwell. How can people put us below Morton, ICT or St Johnstone?

I'm 23 if that adds any context.

I always viewed it as Dunfermline, Falkirk and St Mirren of being of similar standing, Partick Thistle being in the group below although there recent success probably elevates them.

So because Celtic won the European cup that makes them a bigger club? Fanbase? Do you have proof of this bigger fanbase?

Using online social media sites it would appear that Celtic are supported more globally than Rangers. Statistics below are up to date findings. So yes, it would appear Celtic are a better supported club than Rangers. Either that or more Celtic fans can afford the internet than Rangers fans.

Twitter followers:

Rangers 175k

Celtic 271k

Facebook likes:

Rangers 472,995

Celtic 1,295,966

So the League Cup is much smaller than the other two, which you just denied? If you want to call the League Cup a major trophy then I can understand the argument, it's nice for small clubs like Ayr to say they've reached a major cup final, but it's miles behind the other two.

Much smaller? What's wrong with you? You can't twist words like that without sensible folk realising. Is the Scottish Cup a bigger honour than the League Cup? Definitely. Is it much bigger? Definitely not.

Ayr reached 2 Scottish Cup semi-finals around the same time as our League final appearance so it has nothing to do with it. It also makes Kilmarnock's recent achievements bigger so why would I do that? Its just the way it is.

Its like this:

Premier League (it would be a helluva achievement for any non OF club to win the league)

Scottish Cup

League Cup

Celtic also had 90 millions fans in Seville whereas Rangers only managed 80 million in Manchester. Proof imo.

Indeed, Celtic fans also had to travel across the sea to Spain, whereas it was easy for the Rangers fans to travel from London to Manchester.

Much smaller? What's wrong with you? You can't twist words like that without sensible folk realising. Is the Scottish Cup a bigger honour than the League Cup? Definitely. Is it much bigger? Definitely not.

Ayr reached 2 Scottish Cup semi-finals around the same time as our League final appearance so it has nothing to do with it. It also makes Kilmarnock's recent achievements bigger so why would I do that? Its just the way it is.

Its like this:

Premier League (it would be a helluva achievement for any non OF club to win the league)

Scottish Cup

League Cup

I think the situation in England hasn't helped some opinions, so much money in the league now that EPL teams are resting players in the cup games, especially the league cup games.

Still a major trophy up here. One of only 2 cups that most clubs have a chance of winning seeing as the premierships usually over before the season kicks off for 10 out of 12 clubs

Indeed, Celtic fans also had to travel across the sea to Spain, whereas it was easy for the Rangers fans to travel from London to Manchester.

Aye, but there are better connections from the RoI to mainland Europe than from Scotland.

I think the situation in England hasn't helped some opinions, so much money in the league now that EPL teams are resting players in the cup games, especially the league cup games.

Still a major trophy up here. One of only 2 cups that most clubs have a chance of winning seeing as the premierships usually over before the season kicks off for 10 out of 12 clubs

Even the FA Cup - despite the BBC's best efforts.

Having seen my team win both trophies, I can be subjective and say the LC is a major trophy, albeit one that pales in significance to the Scottish.

It's well known though that most fans base their view of the LC on whether their team has won it or not.

Having seen my team win both trophies, I can be subjective and say the LC is a major trophy, albeit one that pales in significance to the Scottish.

It's well known though that most fans base their view of the LC on whether their team has won it or not.

That may be why Hearts fans downgrade the Dons' ECWC win.

Yes.

And very much so.

"Walloper" is the word I believe you're looking for.

Shite-thrower probably being the word we've found and stuck to, for the remainder of your bigot 'journey' through the forum.

Archived