Scotland's top 20 clubs

Dindeleux

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that too, but Rangers and Celtic won more than 30 and 27 titles respectively.

Maybe he's done it on actual Olympic medals won by players, fans etc?

Post war I think it is

Aberdeen have won 18 major domestic trophies 2 European trophies and never been relegated. hearts have won 16 major domestic trophies done nothing in Europe and have been relegated 4 times.so the facts show that Aberdeen are more successful than hearts.

How are you ranking this? I assumed gold was league titles, silver was Scottish cups, and bronze was league cups, but that doesn't add up.

First, second and third place finishes in the top division since the war

Aberdeen have won 18 major domestic trophies 2 European trophies and never been relegated.

Aye, but how many times have the rules been changed to stop them being relegated?

How are you ranking this? I assumed gold was league titles, silver was Scottish cups, and bronze was league cups, but that doesn't add up.

I thought it was fairly obvious: League Champions - gold, runners up - silver, third - bronze.

Hence Third Lanark, 18th with 1 point.

Aye, but how many times have the rules been changed to stop them being relegated?

Never.

So that's 19 major domestic trophies, two European trophies, never been relegated and never having the rules changed to avoid relegation. And never been promoted either.

Aberdeen have won 18 major domestic trophies 2 European trophies and never been relegated. hearts have won 16 major domestic trophies done nothing in Europe and have been relegated 4 times.so the facts show that Aberdeen are more successful than hearts.

Erm, 17 domestic trophies and utterly squirmed your way out of relegation, you mean. Hearts have a superior head-to-head record against Aberdeen and a higher placing in the all-time Scottish top flight table.

As for Europe, I think you'll find we have done far more on said stage than many of your big spending clubs down south, for example.

Aberdeen are a slightly more successful club than Hearts, who underachieved for far too long and arguably still do. Our great sides of the '50s and early '60s should have done more in Europe.

The Sheep certainly aren't a bigger club, however, as attendances prove year after year after year. This isn't even a credible debate anymore.

The Sheep certainly aren't a bigger club, however, as attendances prove year after year after year. This isn't even a credible debate anymore.

Not to mention you are not a 1 club city.

As for Europe, I think you'll find we have done far more on said stage than many of your big spending clubs down south, for example.

Celtic, Aberdeen & Rangers have all won something in Europe. Dundee United got to a UEFA Cup final. Dundee famously contested a European Cup semi. A quick comparison between Hearts & Hibs, shows that Hibs gets the better of that argument as well.

So if you're at least 7th best in Scotland, I don't see the point in comparing yourselves to teams from England.

Probably the correct order in my time following football since about 1995. Who cares about the unfortunate two. One probably edges it for not dying mind you.

3. Hearts
4. Aberdeen

Both regularly in the top 6 and latter stages of Cup competitions. Hearts edge it for me.

5. Dundee United

6. Hibs

7. Motherwell

8. Kilmarnock

All (5-8) of them have been pretty much ever present in the SPL in my lifetime. United and Hibs probably having the best teams from the four with United edging Hibs for actually winning trophies and Well edging Killie for higher league positions.

9. St Johnstone

10. Dundee
11. St Mirren
12. Ict
13. Thistle

Five teams who have went up and down more than once in my lifetime. St Johnstone edge for consistently finishing higher than the others once promoted. Inverness will overtake St Mirren if they win the Scottish Cup with winning that topping St Mirrens league Cup

14. Falkirk
15. Dunfermline
16. Ross County

17. Hamilton

More yo-yo teams but with less consolidation despite the odd good season like Hamilton this season.

18. Qots
19. Raith
20. Morton

Always been roughly around the lower half of the 1st division or top of 2nd division. Qots edge it for more recent finishes and cup runs.

Never.

So that's 19 major domestic trophies, two European trophies, never been relegated and never having the rules changed to avoid relegation. And never been promoted either.

:lol:

Did you snap your fingers, Chandler Bing style, in order to make that real inside your mind? :P

Celtic, Aberdeen & Rangers have all won something in Europe. Dundee United got to a UEFA Cup final. Dundee famously contested a European Cup semi. A quick comparison between Hearts & Hibs, shows that Hibs gets the better of that argument as well.

That wasn't just a hallucination/dream that Leigh Griffiths wrote about in his column? :o

Did you snap your fingers, Chandler Bing style, in order to make that real inside your mind? :P

:1eye

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christia

sorry but your list makes no sense in the last 45years Aberdeen have won 16 trophies and not been relegated hearts have won 3 trophies and been relegated 4 times and hibs also won 3 trophies and been relegated 3 times.

Archived