Scotland's top 20 clubs

Dindeleux

What does this look like if you take it up until Rangers were put into the 3rd division, are they above celtic or still below?

When did this happen?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does this look like if you take it up until Rangers were put into the 3rd division, are they above celtic or still below?

When did this happen?

Sorry, he means "Rangers". "Rangers" were put into the 3rd division.

Rangers, of course, died.

How are you ranking this? I assumed gold was league titles, silver was Scottish cups, and bronze was league cups, but that doesn't add up.

It is only league based. Gold is league title, silver is second in the league, bronze is third in the league. I don't take into account cup wins because of obvious reasons.

I don't take into account cup wins because of obvious reasons.

You don't have a clue about football?

The obvious reason being that there is no correlation between winning the Scottish Cup and being a big club.

In fact the most important indicator of the size of a club is the annual turnover.

The obvious reason being that there is no correlation between winning the Scottish Cup and being a big club.

In fact the most important indicator of the size of a club is the annual turnover.

The obvious reason being that he's a Hibs fan.

It is only league based. Gold is league title, silver is second in the league, bronze is third in the league. I don't take into account cup wins because of obvious reasons.

Because Hibs aren't very good in them?

These ended up being Top 22's based on average league position over the last 20 years & the last 40 years since the introduction of Premier Division.

17. Airdrieonians 17.525

Their highest finish was 17th , having only ever finished in the top 20 on two occasions you have definately went wrong somewhere

17th (04–05)

18th (05-06)

21st (08-09)

21st (09-10)

21st (06-07)

22nd (12–13)

23rd (03–04)

24th (07-08)

25th (02-03)

26th (11–12)

27th (14-15)

28th (13–14)

28th (10–11)

No correlation at all? None?

Celtic

Rangers

Aberdeen

Hearts

Dundee United

Hibs

Kilmarnock

Motherwell

Dundee

St Johnstone

St Mirren

Inverness

Livingston

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Partick Thistle

Raith Rovers

Hamilton Accies

Morton

Ross County

Unlike every other daft c**t on here, I've taken everything into consideration, not just 'but they have 25 more season ticket holders then them'. Time spent in the top flight (especially in recent seasons), trophies, playing in Europe and then crowds. When was the last time sides like QOS and Ayr had average gates of almost 8,000? Times change, and that's something that Scottish football fans find very difficult to take.

Archived