Scottish debates - Tuesday and Wednesday

Mr Bairn

Daily Record editorial saying Murphy must put in a commanding performance tonight as "The very existence of his party hangs in the balance" :lol:

No pressure then Jimbo - just wear a Scotland tap and repeat that you're a patriot and you'll be fine :thumsup2

It's fine, he could curl up into a fetal position and start blubbing for his mummy and the Record would say he won.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting how Sturgeon copes with being the target of the other three tonight. Completely different dynamic to last week.

As I said elsewhere, smacking down random horseshit directed at her by Ruth Davidson and Willie Rennie is, quite literally, her day job.

As I said elsewhere, smacking down random horseshit directed at her by Ruth Davidson and Willie Rennie is, quite literally, her day job.

Yeah I don't think this will cause her too many problems although I always think Ruth Davidson gets her points across well and I think she might do alright tonight. Murphy needs to pull something out of the bag but I am expecting 'vote SNP get Tories' over and over and over. He'll probably have a can of Irn Bru with him aswell as he is 'a man of the people'. tosspot

Yeah I don't think this will cause her too many problems although I always think Ruth Davidson gets her points across well and I think she might do alright tonight.

She's very good on TV, but she's not got a leg to stand on in this debate: the party she's representing is deeply unpopular in Scotland, and nobody seems to be buying the "the SNP just want another referendum" line. I suppose she could attack Murphy from the left, which would be megalols.

She's very good on TV, but she's not got a leg to stand on in this debate: the party she's representing is deeply unpopular in Scotland, and nobody seems to be buying the "the SNP just want another referendum" line. I suppose she could attack Murphy from the left, which would be megalols.

She knows they're fkd in Scotland so she'll be thinking UK wide and go for Murphy and the Labour party. Hope so anyway.

She knows they're fkd in Scotland so she'll be thinking UK wide and go for Murphy and the Labour party. Hope so anyway.

I think so too. It makes more sense for her to attack labour rather than the SNP. They have 1 seat to lose compared to labour's 41 up here. God knows what Rennie is going to do to be honest. They obviously have 11 seats at the moment, but they'll be lucky to hold onto more than 3 of them!

Unionists talking about how patriotic they are for Scotland is a bit like when Nigel Farage has loads of black and asian people standing behind him during a speech.

Very true. They're the 'I'm a very proud Scot, but' brigade.

My interest in this dipped when they announced Patrick wouldn't be invited.

Tonight is just for the mainstream parties. Tomorrow nights debate will include every party that has an elected parliamentarian in Scotland.

Tonight is just for the mainstream parties. Tomorrow nights debate will include every party that has an elected parliamentarian in Scotland.

I'd argue the Scottish Green Party are mainstream.

Yeah I don't think this will cause her too many problems although I always think Ruth Davidson gets her points across well and I think she might do alright tonight. Murphy needs to pull something out of the bag but I am expecting 'vote SNP get Tories' over and over and over. He'll probably have a can of Irn Bru with him aswell as he is 'a man of the people'. tosspot

Glue, most likely. :lol:

She'll do OK. There's very little pressure on her, so she can swing pretty loose (in a political sense, natch).

Murphy will bring up 'lack of redistributive policies' and 1979 and everyone will fall asleep.

Willie Rennie will be there too.

Sturgeon - will wipe the floor with all and sundry, partly because she is a very capable debater mainly because she has right on her side.

Murphy - will peddle the same old shit, robotic fashion, and try to talk over everyone else; look into his eyes and you will see that he already knows he's fucked (unless he's been on the glue in which case he will be able to mask it).

Tory guy - no one will pay attention, why should they?

BritNats on here will say Murphy/Tory guy did well and we will all have a good laugh at their stupidity.

Archived