Personal football injuries.

Anyone done anything unusual or any sort of strange football injury. Was playing today and had a really bad one. Was playing football and my left leg was planted in the ground. I went to spin my defender to the right and he slightly kicked my left knee and totally dislocated it. Its not only dislocated my whole knee but it's torn 2 ligaments with it and fair to say im lying in agony. Was on morphine and gas and air. Now got a long rehab and physio work ahead of me.

Anyone else ever had something similar who could share a bit of advice?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone done anything unusual or any sort of strange football injury. Was playing today and had a really bad one. Was playing football and my left leg was planted in the ground. I went to spin my defender to the right and he slightly kicked my left knee and totally dislocated it. Its not only dislocated my whole knee but it's torn 2 ligaments with it and fair to say im lying in agony. Was on morphine and gas and air. Now got a long rehab and physio work ahead of me.

Don't buy a Mercedes A45 AMG.

The ligaments in my right ankle are fucked from football. First time was in 2010, with another injury in 2011. I injured myself again last year going over on it, but I think I'm at the point there isn't much left there to damage.

It's permenantly weakened, so I either strap it up or don't bother playing.

I had just joined a new team, was coming on as a sub in my first game in Possil, went up for a 50/50 header within 2 minutes of coming on and got headered right on the cheekbone. Had to go to Gartnavel hospital to get a gash stitched up which you could apparently fit a 50p piece in, but they wouldn't let me see it.

I doubt that'll help with your recuperation though, Derry Boy. Good luck.

My dog once ruptures cruciate ligaments. Wasn't playing football though. Was concerned for the recovery until the vet said "I wouldn't be worries about the one that's been fixed. Be more concerned with the one that's not torn". Never been off the lead since

In all the years I had playing football I never had anything more then a pulled muscle.

I 'retired' from playing 11-a-side and 6-a-side this time last year.

I then went on a stag do with the lads in Magaluf and some of them started up a quick game on the tennis courts at the hotel. I initially declined to play because I was just having a beer but got roped into playing to even the sides up just while someone went to get his trainers from the room.

The lad came back so I was making my way off the pitch then a long ball over the top put me through on goal. Clattered into the keeper and landed awkward as f**k. Fractured my arm, dislocated my elbow and damaged all the ligaments. It's still fucked now. Can't straighten my arm & probably never will.

who do you play for?

Karma has just saved you a shit load of money.

P.S. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Yeah but at 23 years old by knee looks as if its gonna be well and truly shafted :(

Cheers pal just hope I don't f**k the recovery up or ill be devastated.

Yeah but at 23 years old by knee looks as if its gonna be well and truly shafted :(

Cheers pal just hope I don't f**k the recovery up or ill be devastated.

My best piece of advice is that any exercises the physics give you further down the line, adhere to them like your life depended on it. Even better you should be doing knee strengthening exercises for the rest of your life.

My best piece of advice is that any exercises the physics give you further down the line, adhere to them like your life depended on it. Even better you should be doing knee strengthening exercises for the rest of your life.

Thanks man. Im gutted just now and was near crying on the pitch as the pain was unbearable! Had to be given morphine and gas and air to calm me down, looked down at my knee and it was a total fucking mess basically and knee was miles from where it should of been. Was there 25 mins till the ambulance got there too. I was hoping I just dislocated it but the xray showed ligaments which sunk my heart :(

Yeah been told to do exactly what im told and when to do it. Heres to the next year then.....

Good luck with yours too.

Thanks man. Im gutted just now and was near crying on the pitch as the pain was unbearable! Had to be given morphine and gas and air to calm me down, looked down at my knee and it was a total fucking mess basically and knee was miles from where it should of been. Was there 25 mins till the ambulance got there too. I was hoping I just dislocated it but the xray showed ligaments which sunk my heart :(

Yeah been told to do exactly what im told and when to do it. Heres to the next year then.....

Good luck with yours too.

It's heartbreaking, I know. I fucked mine when I was 15, being 20 now I'm sure I've missed out on some height but I'm just glad I can actually play football to some degree; obviously not at the level that I could have though.

I fainted with the pain when I fucked both of mine; pain was unbearable for the best part of 4 months though before I started to get used to it.

Hope your recovery goes well, mind and eat good food to help aid the recovery.

I can give you advice from personal experience.

I was playing at a decent level when I was younger, couple of boys I know are playing in the SPL and championship now. I took an bad tackle when I was 15, tried to spin the defender and stretched to reach the ball, planting my leg in the ground. I tore my PCL and shattered my knee cap.

I was out for a full year, and in truth I rushed my recovery/rehab after surgery to try and get back to playing. I think my full time between injury and playing again was 14 month. 4 games back, I went round the keeper and stretched again in the same way as I had the first time and it went again.

I then had to go through the process again, same surgeon - different procedure. If defiantly say make sure you do as much weight work and rehab (being able to full single leg squat is a good indication of full rehab) before you consider playing again.

There will be some tough, tough months ahead. I'm not ashamed to say I cried numerous times during my first rehab phase. It was mentally far harder than j imagined not being able to play/train. If you ever want to talk about it or anything feel free to drop me a DM.

All the best with you're rehab. It's a brutal, brutal injury and I can feel every pain you're feeling right now. All the best.

Archived