Motherwell vs St Mirren 07/04/15

Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Ross County and Partick Thistle all conceded more goals than us last season. Half the league has issues at the back, it's not something that overly concerns me.

That's all well and good, but if we want to entertain the thought of being in touch with the top six, when the split comes around, it is a position that needs sorted IMO.

Hamez Marwood with his first goal in the stripes. Really hoping he does well, he looks the business already albiet against lower league sides.

Obviously friendly results mean nothing, but there is certainly a very good vibe and feeling about the club at the minute. That's why guys like Kello and McLean stayed when they had offers elsewhere.

The latest batch of young players off the Ralston conveyor belt are also exciting. Adam Brown, Declan Hughes and Mark Williams have all impressed in preseason and all look like they're going to be making an impact on the first team this season.

Yeah, all looks really silly now and has done for a while.

I feared for us this season as soon as Tommy Craig was announced and stated as much on here. I also never found any inspiration in any of our signings other than perhaps Tesselaar and Osbourne.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, all looks really silly now and has done for a while.

I feared for us this season as soon as Tommy Craig was announced and stated as much on here. I also never found any inspiration in any of our signings other than perhaps Tesselaar and Osbourne.

Osbourne! I've forgotten all about him. Is he still with us?

To think there was some Motherwell fans that don't rate Erwin? Mental. Boy has all the potential to be a cracking player. Another fantastic performance tonight and he's finally adding goals to his impressive all round game. Took both goals really well, delighted for him.

Also what a find big Marv is as well, two assists tonight and the ball in for Sutton's first was sublime. Add in Ainsworth and Skippy and we suddenly carry a real threat going forward. Really could have been 7 or 8 tonight. Great stuff, wee Dom ripping the pish out of Goodwin for the 5th goal was the icing on the cake.

St.Mirren though, you almost have to feel sorry for them. That was pathetic from them.

Aw well, down you go.

Tremendous stuff from us tonight our wide players and forwards in this kind of form are unstoppable in this league and St Mirren couldn't cope with their pace and movement. A few better decisions and it could have been much more.

Brilliant performance and our goal difference looks much better as well. I'm praying Pearson is going to be ok for the massive Partick game on Saturday a win draws them and Killie right into the play off mix.

Credit to the St Mirren fans who stayed to the end I'd have left at half time if I was them

Yeah, it's pretty safe to say I got a few predictions a bit wrong early in the season. I think it is fair to say though that the team, and some individual players, were certainly brimming with potential at that time, and then delivered the square root of f**k all.

Tonight was just an embarrassment really and Motherwell were worthy winners. Years of obscurity now await us.

Btw what was all this about Gilmour blaming the fans? Thought I'd have picked that up on Twitter but evidently not.

I thought St Mirren's manager's comments were spot on. As professionals, the players should show some self pride and some fight, starting with their next game!

I am a bit surprised a couple of posters are suggesting either Motherwell or Ross County are good enough for the vile team that will probably finish second in The Championship.

County is not our target to catch!

This will be dreadful.

That was even worse than I imagined. An utterly fucking spineless performance, even compared to the other shitshows we've dished up this season.

Goodwin and Ridgers were the only starters who weren't dreadful. The defence was hilariously bad. Special mention to Sean Kelly who put in possibly the worst individual performance I've ever seen in a St Mirren shirt.

I don't know what Teale and Longwell have been doing in training but that team looked like they'd never played together before. Thompson looked utterly fucking done when he came on, he could barely head the ball a yard.

I knew we were relegated anyway but what an embarrassing way to finish it off. The board should be ashamed of themselves and I feel bad for every other fan who was at the game tonight. That stupid pre-game statement has of course come back to bite the board. I hope we get rid of the majority of that 'squad' and the 'manager' over the summer because we will need a total overhaul to be at all competitive in the Championship next season. Our luck has finally run out.

Felt sorry for St Mirren fans who trekked through for that, as much as Motherwell put in a really good performance St Mirren were absolutely pathetic. The boy Kelly had one of the worst games I've seen of a professional footballer, he got absolutely crucified.

Felt sorry for St Mirren fans who trekked through for that, as much as Motherwell put in a really good performance St Mirren were absolutely pathetic. The boy Kelly had one of the worst games I've seen of a professional footballer, he got absolutely crucified.

A classic case of our fans thinking that a player from the 'academy' is good. Despite the fact only McLean and Lappin have shown to be so.

It might be harsh, but our youth set-up is utter shit, a team of our size depends on income from transfers, and we've made pennies in the last 10 or so years.

Archived