Thistle v 'Well at the Maryhill San Siro

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite simpy, we are now doomed to the playoffs as we will need to win every single remaining game whilst County hit the slides in spectacular fashion. Neither is going to happen.

The damage wasn't done yesterday mind you, we have been murder all season and didn't kick our own backsides until the last weekend in February so the bar was just too high.

Went to Firhill as Queens had blank Saturday.

If that is the best qualty grass pitch that the home team can produce then artificial will be the way forward. Everybody prefers a perfect grass surface but in Scotland after the first 2/3 months of the season there is a rapid deterioration and that surface was disgraceful.

People criticise the astro as if it is some third rate surface - that game yesterday was ruined by the state of the pitch. Rutted surface caused the ball to bobble all over the place resulting in one of he worst games that I have seen this season.

Feel sorry for the Well fans who took a great support full of expectation and saw their team deliver a quite pathetic display. Although not alone John Sutton certainly doesnt do anything to win the hearts and minds of the supporters.

If that surface is representative of the average pitch in Premier League then I pity the supporters who have to watch that week in week out.

Yes. Get it right up these fucking c***s, especially that wee skinny AIDS ridden b*****d that won't see 18.

You don't get AIDS if you are from Motherwell. Every fucking Doctor knows that.

If that is the best qualty grass pitch that the home team can produce then artificial will be the way forward. Everybody prefers a perfect grass surface but in Scotland after the first 2/3 months of the season there is a rapid deterioration and that surface was disgraceful.

People criticise the astro as if it is some third rate surface - that game yesterday was ruined by the state of the pitch. Rutted surface caused the ball to bobble all over the place resulting in one of he worst games that I have seen this season.

Feel sorry for the Well fans who took a great support full of expectation and saw their team deliver a quite pathetic display. Although not alone John Sutton certainly doesnt do anything to win the hearts and minds of the supporters.

If that surface is representative of the average pitch in Premier League then I pity the supporters who have to watch that week in week out.

I agree.

The pitches in Scotland are a mess and it does ruin a lot of games. Even Celtic's pitch isn't great.

The only way forward is for more clubs in Scotland to progress to plastic eventually, which I think will improve the standard of our league.

I'd like to see us doing it and I also think the SFA should be looking to help clubs who want a plastic pitch pay for it.

Has a grass fetish, IMO.

There is a huge gap between the filling and the pastry, meaning when you bite into it a surge of hot steam will attack, and scald, your lips. I'm still facially scarred by my last foolish foray into Firhill catering.

Surprised there hasn't been more chat about the pies.

Abdul Osman should get a Ghana call-up based on that performance.

I remember Crewe fans saying he was crap in his 2nd season when he was made captain but since being given the armband he's gotten even better for us.

He'll probably be my player of the season.

St. Mirrens pitch is good and has been for the past 4/5 years.

I concur, I took this photo on November when we won 1-0 there and the park was in excellent condition as you can see.

B17SJcrCYAEUL0z.jpg

What do you think about the pitch though mate?

Archived