Worst pub toilets in Scotland

jagfox

The Snug Bar of the Saint Duthac Hotel in Tain has an eye opening wee toilet. It's through a door that leads to the bar gantry (to the right) or straight on to the urinal. The urinal itself is an add-on to the building and some poor b*****d has had to plaster a trough straight into the brick. It's similar to the away end urinals at Cappielow, but colder and only holds about two or three people and has no hand washing facilities or cubicle, you have to go into the hotel proper for that.

It's a truly harrowing experience, this is why it's best to avoid the lager in there.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a truly harrowing experience, this is why it's best to avoid the lager in there.

Particularly bad in the dead of winter when there's frozen pish on the walls and floor and you need to breathe the steam off your own pish.

Don't think I've ever been into the toilets in Failte in Glasgow without having to negotiate a 2 inch deep pool of water covering the entire floor space. Always need to bring the armbands whenever I'm in there.

The only cubicle in the Kelvin Dock on Maryhill Road has a slatted grill in the door at eye level, making having a shite in there a spectator sport.

Probably a history of folk snorting coke in that cubicle.

Or perverts enjoying watching folk doing jobbies.

The latter, imo. Any time I've been in there I've been the only person under 60. The Arches it isn't.

I don't know about the worst but the coldest toilets in Scotland were in the upstairs lounge at the Red Lion, Aberdeen.

Well what do expect when you S*** straight in to the Harbour through the open windae they North Easterlies can be a bit parkie at times, :huh:

The Vulcan, Coatbridge, just because it's the only toilet anyone has ever pulled a knife on me while I was taking a pish and threatened to stab me for having long(ish) hair.

Do I know you? I have a feeling I was with you that night... :huh:

We went to the Innish Mohr instead?

The only cubicle in the Kelvin Dock on Maryhill Road has a slatted grill in the door at eye level, making having a shite in there a spectator sport.

Is that place still open?! I drive past it al the time going to Garscube and it looks completely abandoned!

Is that place still open?! I drive past it al the time going to Garscube and it looks completely abandoned!

Yeah, it's pretty no-frills, but still open. Has a nice wee beer garden, which is my main reason for going there. The Redan, on the next block, shut a few years back and now seems to be a giant doocot.

Yeah, it's pretty no-frills, but still open. Has a nice wee beer garden, which is my main reason for going there. The Redan, on the next block, shut a few years back and now seems to be a giant doocot.

Dear lord, it looks like an absolute wreck from outside :lol:

The Bridge Bar in Kincardine is pretty awful, toilet-wise. The place looks like a prison from outside, although they've spent a bit of money doing up the inside. However the toilets remind you exactly what kind of place you've set foot in.

Back in Kilmarnock we had a trendy pub called the Treehouse. It was great about 10 - 12 years ago but the guys toilets had a broken urinal in it. Which is fine, except that it was still broken around 3 years ago before the pub closed and reopened as something else.

The cubicles also didn't lock so you had to wedge your foot against it while hovering over the pan, which you couldn't sit down on as numerous people had urinated on it.

Archived