Worst pub toilets in Scotland

jagfox

The old "bog" in the Rising Sun in Elgin was some place.

It used to have mushrooms growing out the walls and there always seemed be some kind of light green gel seeping through bits of the tile grouting.

Kim and Aggie would have had a field day.

Them or Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit off topic but if I am in a shithole of a pub then I will drink bottled beer and avoid any glasses.

Assume I'm not the only one that does this?

Anything but a hipster, however I don't expect to walk through 3 inches of piss to get to a toilet.

The Leisure Bowl in Alloa. A few years back they replaced the lights with UV lights so that junkies can't see their veins. Should give you a clue as to the place.

Stomping out steroid abuse at the gym

• 5 weeks later...

#2 Bar Brel - Gashton Lane G12

post-1545-14322488121813_thumb.jpg

I'm ashamed to share a post code with this hovel.

Not upgraded in 15 years. The bar is the same tbf.

Reminds me of the pish house door on a trawler joke...

V

#2 Bar Brel - Gashton Lane G12

attachicon.gif1432248811483.jpg

I'm ashamed to share a post code with this hovel.

Not upgraded in 15 years. The bar is the same tbf.

Reminds me of the pish house door on a trawler joke...

V

You have very high standards. That's a nice, if expensive boozer. And the bogs are hardly that bad. Certainly not the worst in the country. Not even the worst in Ashton Lane.

You have very high standards. That's a nice, if expensive boozer. And the bogs are hardly that bad. Certainly not the worst in the country. Not even the worst in Ashton Lane.

Good wee place, great food too

Expensive though

Went there with the then girlfriend a few year ago now, went up to the bar, ordered 2 drinks, handed over a tenner and stood around like an idiot at the bar for 5 minutes after I got my drinks thinking I was going to be getting change, but nope, 2 drinks, 10 note. :lol:

Suppose that might be the norm now but back then it came as a surprise

A bit off topic but if I am in a shithole of a pub then I will drink bottled beer and avoid any glasses.

Assume I'm not the only one that does this?

Anything but a hipster, however I don't expect to walk through 3 inches of piss to get to a toilet.

Bottles? The bottles that are kept in the vermin infested cellar or back shop, being pished and shat on by said vermin?

The toilets in Japan make all the toilets in Scotland look awful.

Options for music, heated seats, options for water to be shot up your bum then a blower to dry it. You actually go out the way to have a sit down wee...

Brel is a great boozer. It's great on a sunny day sitting out the back. They've usually got some nice lager on tap too.

Yup. It's damn near perfect, though Vodka Wodka next door has an arguably better beer garden/terrace area, but Brel is better inside than VW so it's even stevens.

Yup. It's damn near perfect, though Vodka Wodka next door has an arguably better beer garden/terrace area, but Brel is better inside than VW so it's even stevens.

I used to go into Vodka Wodka regularly when I was a pup on the way out to the dancing (yeah, I said dancing).

There was a barmaid that worked in there that was an 11. I used to stand, silently nursing a rager at the bar watching her in a not at all creepy fashion.

Then she stopped working there and my eyes were opened to the fact it was a shite pub with a nice garden out the back.

The above mentioned Rising Sun did have the landlords bicycle on the wall one night I was in. When i say wall, I mean window where it had just been thrown through from the outside.

It was indeed a fun pub.

Fighting near a pub? I'm sorry, I refuse to believe that.

Yes, because only a pub with piss soaked floors could ever be enjoyable and only sissies drink in pubs that adhere to basic hygiene standards.

Yeah some truly bizarre posts from Monster there. Character doesn't equal shite and piss soaked floors.

:lol:

There was a pub in Glasgow straight across from central station on the corner but I can't remember what it's called. We ended up in there one Friday after work and I went to the toilet. It was down the stairs and absolutely disgusting. When I got back and had a moan about it and one of the lassies said "that nothing have a look in their" she opened the outside door to the woman's toilet and I had a peek in. It was tiny The walls were alive with all the beasties and there was one toilet in the corner with a shower curtain on a pole the only thing to separate it from the rest of the room. f**k that!

Is it denim it's called? Sure someone will know.

Porta-loo at T in the park.

Spent many a time hovering over a pan whilst holding my breath trying to have a sh1te spaced out my tiny mind.

Someone once told me to always use the women's toilets at T in the park as they were cleaner. First one I was in had blood stained tampons dotted around the cubicle.

Used the mens after that.

Archived