Arbroath vs QP

I'm very surprised we did it with only 3 league games to go.

Double-edged sword for the Arbroath board. If Moore had missed the play-offs too they wouldn't have had anyone else to blame.

Pellegrini reported in La Gazetta dello Sport he's definitely interested but only if he can have Spiers as his assistant. I think it'll work :thumsup2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

assuming that 'Rovers finally stumble over the finishing line (which any of the top three would have already done if one of us had a half decent record this year), then this is a horrible fixture for us.......................as others have already mentioned, if we win (and assuming Arbroath can cling onto 3rd place) it puts a "favourites" tag on us that we are seldom comfortable with, whilst a defeat will boost The Lichties' confidence under their "new" man in charge. Therefore a draw will do me, unless our Broadwood chums are leading going into injury time in which case a late Queen's winner would be much appreciated!!!!!!!

not sure about this game at all, hopeful of a win, get some momentum going. As far as I know, the players reaction to Moore's sacking has been a positive one, so let's hope they can play for Todd here. I'd go with;

McCallum

Rowan Little Nicoll Johnstone

Linn McWalter Whatley Mcbride

Grant

Murray

If we could find someone to play right wing I'd be more than happy to put Bobby up top

Step forward, Richard Little ;)

Team for tomorrow:

McCallum

Rowan

Little

Nicol

Johnstone

Linn

Stewart (if not fit yet, McWalter)

Whatley

McBride

Murray

Grant

I've just realised the BBC report from last week opens with 'Arbroath missed the chance to cut the gap on League Two leaders Albion Rovers' - aye, we missed the chance to cut the gap to 10 points with 3 games left...... f**k sake.... :lol:

Is Little playing centre defence for the Smokies now? About time, he was class there for us. His distribution was never good enough to be playing right back

Don’t really think tomorrow’s result will have much impact on any future play off fixture. Arbroath players will already be boosted by Moore’s departure. There is a league title still up for grabs so let’s get a win if we can and put some pressure on Rovers

Looking forward to it. Will be the usual good day out.

tomorrow the players may play more freely, as under Moore a loss would mean a bollocking in the dressing room regardless of whether that was the right thing to do. Under Lumsden tomorrow maybe we could play a bit more freely, with players taking a chance here and there where they wouldn't normally.

Archived