Hearts v Raith

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why isn't McGurn getting a game?

No official reason given (as far as I'm aware) but it's almost certainly because Murray would rather play a goalkeeper who trains all week with his teammates. It's understandable, but it cost us a shot at the league a few years back when McGlynn dropped McGurn for Andy McNeil.

He's waited until the meaningless games to put Cuthbert back in, so there's a possibility that this is his audition for next season. If he was performing well, it might have signalled a natural end for McGurn at the Rovers as we go back to a fully full-time set up, but I've seen nothing to suggest that Davie McGurn isn't still our best goalkeeping option, by quite some margin.

Wasn't there but a real surprise to see McKay and Elliot combine for such a good goal! Fair play. Will still be delighted when McKay's time is up though, on the whole he just hasn't been good enough.

If he was performing well, it might have signalled a natural end for McGurn at the Rovers as we go back to a fully full-time set up, but I've seen nothing to suggest that Davie McGurn isn't still our best goalkeeping option, by quite some margin.

Indeed. Cuthbert will be disappointed with both goals there, he hasn't been anything other than adequate when he has played for us this season. Don't doubt his ability, but McGurn is the far superior goalkeeper. If we don't pull out all the stops to keep him it's an absolute disgrace.

Wasn't there but a real surprise to see McKay and Elliot combine for such a good goal! Fair play. Will still be delighted when McKay's time is up though, on the whole he just hasn't been good enough.

Indeed. Cuthbert will be disappointed with both goals there, he hasn't been anything other than adequate when he has played for us this season. Don't doubt his ability, but McGurn is the far superior goalkeeper. If we don't pull out all the stops to keep him it's an absolute disgrace.

Yesterday a fan had shouted to Mcgurn whilst he was warming up midway through the first half "Sign a new contract, Davie!", he turned, gave a massive grin and a thumbs up to the fan. Id like to think he'll sign one soon enough instead of making us wait til end of may - start of June.

You play 5s with people who put as much pace on the ball as Carrick, El Hassnaoui and for that matter Clum?

Clum never scored into Cuthbert yesterday Carrick never scored yesterday, so why would that matter?

A goalkeeper should never be beaten at his near-post, regardless of how much pace is on the ball.

You play 5s with people who put as much pace on the ball as Carrick, El Hassnaoui and for that matter Clum?

Probably not, no. However, I'm not a professional goalkeeper, and any differences in pace would be more than cancelled out by my poor goalkeeping skills and 'sack of tatties' ability at getting down to stop low shots. Hence, I'd probably try sticking a leg out.

The second goal is just very poor technique from Cuthbert. He had more than enough time to get down and hold that, but has chucked a leg out instead. The fact he's been beaten at his front post just adds to the overall level of fail here. It's what I would try and do to try and block that shot (probably with the same success as Cuthbert), not what a professional 'keeper should be doing.

I'll cut him a bit more slack with the first as it's a powerful strike, but it really isn't great from him. Dismal is probably harsh in that instance, but there is no excuse for the second.

After seeing they goals I'm also in the boat with people that think Cuthbert should have at least saved the second, if not the first to ... Seems to have taking an age to get down to both ... Not doubting there was pace on the ball etc, but both where well within his vision with no deflections,etc ...

Probably not, no. However, I'm not a professional goalkeeper, and any differences in pace would be more than cancelled out by my poor goalkeeping skills and 'sack of tatties' ability at getting down to stop low shots. Hence, I'd probably try sticking a leg out.

The second goal is just very poor technique from Cuthbert. He had more than enough time to get down and hold that, but has chucked a leg out instead. The fact he's been beaten at his front post just adds to the overall level of fail here. It's what I would try and do to try and block that shot (probably with the same success as Cuthbert), not what a professional 'keeper should be doing.

I'll cut him a bit more slack with the first as it's a powerful strike, but it really isn't great from him. Dismal is probably harsh in that instance, but there is no excuse for the second.

I'd have thought that your number 8 throwing possession away to Callum Paterson and whoever decided that El Hassnaoui lurking at the edge of the box wasn't a danger worth addressing were more culpable than the keeper

I'd have thought that your number 8 throwing possession away to Callum Paterson and whoever decided that El Hassnaoui lurking at the edge of the box wasn't a danger worth addressing were more culpable than the keeper

In his post-match interview, Bert Murray thought there might have been a foul by Paterson in the lead up to that goal.

Don't think there was a foul, though - great work from Paterson, and a decent strike from El Hass.

Also, from the highlights, Stewart looked onside as he went through on goal - we might have caught a break there.

Yeah, pretty poor from Cuthbert.

For as poor as McKay has been he must have a good rack of assists under his belt. However we can rarely afford such a luxury, a player that does hee haw for the other 89 minutes.

I have literally no interest in the final games but I would imagine some performances are making it a tad easier for Murray to cut his cloth.

Good set of highlights from Hearts. Love the different camera angles.

Collum is a dick.

When Ozturk was off he looked across and still didn't let him back on.

He wants to be the centre of attention.

My view of this - Ozturk had a nose bleed, therefore Collum couldn't let him back on until he was checked over by the linesman.

IMO though, the two Hearts strikers went down far too easy all game looking for every call. Collum had a reasonable game bar the penalty claim.

My view of this - Ozturk had a nose bleed, therefore Collum couldn't let him back on until he was checked over by the linesman.

IMO though, the two Hearts strikers went down far too easy all game looking for every call. Collum had a reasonable game bar the penalty claim.

He waited ages beside the linesman to get back on.

Collum just likes winding everyone up.

He must have been bullied at school and I bet he has no friends.

Archived