Dumbarton v Rangers

How are so many Rangers fans getting in our end? As far as I was aware there was no public sale?

I never knew season ticket holders were allowed to buy them for folk? How come we weren't allowed to do that before?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the end is was slightly disappointing Rangers couldn't get more goals.

Great ball into the box from Wallace which Hardie took brilliantly on the overhead kick for the second goal. And Vuckic scored his best goal so far in a Rangers jersey for the thrid.

The second goal finished the game. Dumbarton were poor from then onwards, although Bell did make a good save from a header. Apart from that it was all Rangers.

The result puts a bit of pressure on Hibs now and morale probably isn't currently at it's highest what with another Scottish Cup disappointment today.

4 Points clear...good to bounce back after Wednesday and after losing an early goal.

You were right, Rangers did score three goals again. :)

I actually thought Easton looked quite decent today, only in the first half mind. His cross for the goal was a decent one and he very, very nearly put us 2-1 up after taking McCulloch out the game :ph34r: Aye he's not a fighter, and his positioning is rash but he's prepared to try something different and take risks. He's like Mitch imo and would have flourished in last seasons squad.

Pass marks to Danny & Stuart, maybe Kirkpatrick too but apart from that too many players didn't do enough for the full 90.

The Rangers fan with the neck tattoo in the home end was quite possibly the angriest, most bitter man I've ever encountered at a game. He'll take a heart attack soon if he isn't careful.

Buzzing for the season to be over now tbh. Since we secured safety (or actually all season now I think of it) we've been dire.

Edit: I always sign Hardie on Football Manager, I've seen him play a few times at Murray Park and he is an excellent player. Technically not great but deceptively strong, quick and a good finisher. Quite similar to Chris Kane. Can see him scoring a decent number of goals if he gets a run in the first team.

A performance as predictable as it was pish. Yet again we looked and were completely lightweight against a Rangers team which was afforded far too much time and space, especially Vukic, who looks to be an asset.

Not for the first time Rogers and Findlay were our best performers, which is a distinct worry as both are loanees. Unfortunately more grief awaits at Dumfries next week.

The Rangers fan with the neck tattoo in the home end was quite possibly the angriest, most bitter man I've ever encountered at a game. He'll take a heart attack soon if he isn't careful.

Buzzing for the season to be over now tbh. Since we secured safety (or actually all season now I think of it) we've been dire.

Good post, chap. The best bit of match threads is always notes from blokes who have been to the game.

Also, your team looked they'd gone on holiday already. Not a f**k seemed to be given. Am I harsh?

a Rangers team which was afforded far too much time and space, especially Vukic, who looks to be an asset.

This is a hard yin. Vuckic seems to slot in to Wee Stuart's system but also looks to be loving his football. I'd be sad if we lost him next season.

Good post, chap. The best bit of match threads is always notes from blokes who have been to the game.

Also, your team looked they'd gone on holiday already. Not a f**k seemed to be given. Am I harsh?

Cheers

Nope, not harsh at all. Since we beat Falkirk a few weeks back to ensure safety we've looked like a team of uninterested strangers (exception of Rogers & Findlay) It was more of the same today unfortunately. It's hard to see us picking up any points for the rest of the season, and at the moment it's hard to support the team when a great deal of them look as if they can't really be bothered being there.

i think the this was the Sons best performance against Ranger. Dumbarton players put the effort in and I have no complaints about the attitude of the team. at half time i was as happy as a pig in muck. Two good goals early in the second half and that was that.

Rangers youthl players Hardie and Murdoch looked promising and the Newcastle player is far to good for our league. Think McCulloch and Zaluska could be the problem for the play offs. I am a proud Sons fan today.

A few sons fans being quite harsh on the team I feel, looked up for it, I couldn't fault us, Fleming excellent, whilst getting pulled all over the place, Easton unlucky with a shot after great work out foxing mcculloch, findlay immense as always, Graham got better considering how poor his first half hour was, Craig Thomson was pitiful, counting 7 yards twice at a free kick? No bookings for challenges on Fleming and Gilhaney, yet cards for Taggart (deserved) and graham after a great challenge? Another day we could have got something but rangers could be better and will have to be if they go up.

A few sons fans being quite harsh on the team I feel, looked up for it, I couldn't fault us, Fleming excellent, whilst getting pulled all over the place, Easton unlucky with a shot after great work out foxing mcculloch, findlay immense as always, Graham got better considering how poor his first half hour was, Craig Thomson was pitiful, counting 7 yards twice at a free kick? No bookings for challenges on Fleming and Gilhaney, yet cards for Taggart (deserved) and graham after a great challenge? Another day we could have got something but rangers could be better and will have to be if they go up.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw this. He actually asked the Rangers wall to move forward a few yards after he counted out the seven. Bizarre stuff. I'd love to know his thought process when he was doing it, did he forget how many yards to count out?

Glad I'm not the only one who saw this. He actually asked the Rangers wall to move forward a few yards after he counted out the seven. Bizarre stuff. I'd love to know his thought process when he was doing it, did he forget how many yards to count out?

I just hope tv, fourth official, and Ian Murray noticed it, standard of refereeing this season has been abysmal

The first time in 44 years supporting Sons that I've seen a ref organising the opposition wall for them. the Graham booking was quite unbelievable but probably correct in the namby pamby 2015 rule book.

That said, our attacking play was nervous and at times woeful. I don't really blame Easton for having a go with his shot in the first half but surely a square ball to Campbell was the better option? Fair play to the team for still making a game of it at 1-3. No complaints about the outcome.

I'm amazed that Findlay wasn't voted MOM.

Wtf were you banned for ???

Anyway nice to see the pick of the Under 20s getting their chance and showing they are more than capable at this level and there are a few more such as Gasparoto... Sinammon..Halkett and Ramsey still to make the breakthrough.

Without Findlay we would fall apart, very impressive operator.

Disappointing performance overall today. This time last we were blowing away a very competant Hamilton outfit. Not anywhere close to that level now.

We have to hope that a lot of thinking is being done at the moment re the summer.

Wtf were you banned for ???

Anyway nice to see the pick of the Under 20s getting their chance and showing they are more than capable at this level and there are a few more such as Gasparoto... Sinammon..Halkett and Ramsey still to make the breakthrough.

I'm looking forward to next season, mainly as I'm hoping we'll get to see some of these names regularly now. Regardless if we get promoted, surely we'll go out mainly with our young players (complimented with a handful of experienced players) for next season's squad.

Of the few I've seen, I think it would make for a good side.

No, T_K, you're not being harsh. We tried in the first half, but the two early goals just after half time wrapped up the points and what fight we'd had in the first half, and we really didn't get going after that. So yes, they've gone on holiday in my opinion. Unsurprising, now that we achieved safety in the League again.

Like others have said, despite losing 3 goals, Rogers, and Defender Findlay were probably our best performers.

I'm glad we made safe a few weeks ago, because the run-in we have until the end of the season would have been very, very uncomfortable otherwise.

We don't often disagree Trfs but tonight I am sad to say we do. Confident to say this season is the earliest we have achieved our goal.

We are entering a period of transition. Our players of the past seasons who we could rely on are not doing it. My opinion is Murray is about to start to build his new team for the next couple of seasons.

We don't often disagree Trfs but tonight I am sad to say.

Disagreement and dabate are healthy, SoaB.

I just felt that despite a good effort in the first half, after Rangers scored their two early goals, we had no real desire to try and pull it back.

This time last year we still had a very, very slight chance of fourth position. This year the team have just about closed the shop since the day we were made safe.

I actually thought Easton looked quite decent today, only in the first half mind. His cross for the goal was a decent one and he very, very nearly put us 2-1 up after taking McCulloch out the game :ph34r: Aye he's not a fighter, and his positioning is rash but he's prepared to try something different and take risks. He's like Mitch imo and would have flourished in last seasons squad.

Have to disagree with this, I thought Easton was brutal once again. Don't really see many similarities with him and Mitch either. Easton is lazy and tries to beat his man too often whereas Mitch doesn't try to beat a player often enough but always tries his hardest. Also, I'm 99% sure our goal came from a Gilhaney cross.

Shame we couldn't get anything from Rangers this season, but on to the close season and eagerly anticipating which former Hibs or St Mirren players we can bring in.

Archived