Scottish Cup Final 2015 - Falkirk Vs ICT

Is there precedent for suspending players in the case where, by the letter of the law, they should have been sent off, however their conduct was neither malicious nor violent?

No. However the SFA do have the power to ban someone for an incident not spotted by the referee, which is the jurisdiction they're doing it under.

How they plan on proving it was deliberate though, I've no idea.

No. However the SFA do have the power to ban someone for an incident not spotted by the referee, which is the jurisdiction they're doing it under.

How they plan on proving it was deliberate though, I've no idea.

It was spotted though, the ref just didn't give it.

Unless I'm missing something, the ICT defender would be missing the final anyway had the ref red carded him no?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

yes but the point is the ref didnt give it and its for a handball

how many times does a handball not get given, shall every club that dont get a handball decision ask their FA to review it and retrospectively punish the player

Unless I'm missing something, the ICT defender would be missing the final anyway had the ref red carded him no?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

If the ref had red carded Meekings the entire Caley team would be missing the final

Interesting situation. Given that the SFA have never done this before when there have (presumably) been very similar cases, it would be an absolute disgrace if they decided to do it now. No idea what purpose this serves, but presumably they'll be setting a precedent they'll be following in every future case?

What would be your likely central pairing if this ban goes through?

It'll be proper makeshift that's for sure. Devine will play centre half no problems, but I dunno who'll partner him. I'm actually cringing at the thought.

I can see us taking well over 10k if my Facebook anything to go by. Pretty much everyone I know going and most of them have never been to an ICT game before.

What would be your likely central pairing if this ban goes through?

It'll be proper makeshift that's for sure. Devine will play centre half no problems, but I dunno who'll partner him. I'm actually cringing at the thought.

I can see us taking well over 10k if my Facebook anything to go by. Pretty much everyone I know going and most of them have never been to an ICT game before.

Devine and Draper I suspect. Williams would go into midfield alongside Tansey and we could bring in Doran or Ross. There's flexibility there to cope but, obviously, that would limit our options to change things later on in the game.

It's an absolute shocker from teh SFA, retrospective bans have only been used for diving and violent conduct. The default setting for all Scottish football administrators appears to be 'fill your breeks if anything controversial happens' so they've panicked after the outcry and are trying to appease the media and the Celtic fans who are aggrieved. However, appeasement didn't work for Neville Chamberlain and it won't work for Stewart Regan (completely valid comparison IMO). Celtic fans aren't going to be appeased, the decision was still a bad one and they still lost, Caley fans are outraged and no-one in the media is going to have any sympathy for what they've done.

Why can't we have administrators who decide on rules and then say "these are the rules, we'll apply them and that's that" and have the guts to stick to it under a bit of pressure?

Anyway, if Meekings is banned we'll need to score. We push our full backs forward, which can be glorious as per the third goal at the weekend, but it can leave our centre halves exposed. Now, it's one thing exposing Meekings and Warren, two of the best in teh SPL but I think we'll be going with Devine and Tremarco. Devine is OK but lacks match practice and Tremarco is a committed player but he's a reserve standard full-back and is always on teh verge of a red card. We had to play Devine in the league cup final and played very negatively. Another option would be to move Draper back but that'll weaken our midfield or play Shinnie there but, as shown at Hampden, Shinnie is a potent attacking threat.

If the ban is upheld then we'll probably go

--------------------Esson-------------------

--Raven---Devine----Tremarco--Shinnie--

--------------Draper-------Tansey------------

--Watkins----------Christie--------Williams----

----------------------Ofere------------------------

I can't see that line up keeping a clean sheet so we'll need to score goals - Christie, Watkins, Tansey and Ofere will be very important.

Edited by ICTChris