The Famous Aberdeen's European Tour 2015/16

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expecting a decent crowd tomorrow?

Think I'll fire along again after work, meant to be a nice night. Hopefully a bit better than the last game, but I suppose McInnes would be delighted with another 0-0. They've got to come out all guns blazing though so you'd think there will be opportunities for Aberdeen on the counter.

Is there pay at the gate ?

Tickets can be ordered online at afc.co.uk/eTickets or over the phone on 01224 63 1903 and collected from AFC Reception next to the Club Shop before kick-off.

Tickets can also be purchased in person from the Pittodrie Ticket Office right up until 15 minutes after kick-off but we advise all supporters to order in advance where possible.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/6432.php#.VbAJevnkiYw

Fook me lads this Thread is setting you up for disappointment and egg on your face you ain't through yet , if Aberdeen can score 3 in 90 minuits so can this outfit

Or, another way of looking at it; if we can score 3 in 90 minutes, then we can score another 3 when given another 90 minutes.

but this team are from Croatia not Scotland. They probably won't have the Scottish fatalism that plagues every team in our country.

In addition to last week, Scotland have beat Croatia home and away in recent times.

Tell us more about how superior Croatia are as a footballing nation.

Last time I checked Aberdeen were a Scottish team.

Well at least you've done your research.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll be defensive at all.

If we sit back and let them have the ball, they'll grow in confidence. If we put everyone behind the ball at home because we think we're inferior to them, they'll be encouraged.

What we need to do is take the game to them and push them back. Do what we started doing after 20 mins in Croatia and force them to make mistakes, test their defence, and score.

We're not going to go gung ho, we never do under McInnes. But rarely are we described as defensive.

Or, another way of looking at it; if we can score 3 in 90 minutes, then we can score another 3 when given another 90 minutes.

In addition to last week, Scotland have beat Croatia home and away in recent times.

Tell us more about how superior Croatia are as a footballing nation.

Well at least you've done your research.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'll be defensive at all.

If we sit back and let them have the ball, they'll grow in confidence. If we put everyone behind the ball at home because we think we're inferior to them, they'll be encouraged.

What we need to do is take the game to them and push them back. Do what we started doing after 20 mins in Croatia and force them to make mistakes, test their defence, and score.

We're not going to go gung ho, we never do under McInnes. But rarely are we described as defensive.

They're not superior at all. Just that we( Scottish teams) can often resign ourselves to poor performances as if that's just the way things are you know like feeling sorry for St Johnston who had to fly to the middle of nowhere and play in high temperature! Oh well it was a rotten draw, its so hard for Scottish teams to get anywhere these day blah blah blah. Never mind they couldn't keep a fuckin clean sheet against 10 men.

Aberdeen might well have a solid defence but I wouldn't fancy playing backs to the wall for 90 mins, they get a goal early and the place goes silent, they build in confidence and Aberdeen get nervous, if they get a 2nd they will go on and win. Need to treat this like its 0-0

They're not superior at all. Just that we( Scottish teams) can often resign ourselves to poor performances as if that's just the way things are you know like feeling sorry for St Johnston who had to fly to the middle of nowhere and play in high temperature! Oh well it was a rotten draw, its so hard for Scottish teams to get anywhere these day blah blah blah. Never mind they couldn't keep a fuckin clean sheet against 10 men.

Aberdeen might well have a solid defence but I wouldn't fancy playing backs to the wall for 90 mins, they get a goal early and the place goes silent, they build in confidence and Aberdeen get nervous, if they get a 2nd they will go on and win. Need to treat this like its 0-0

I think we'll set up similar to last week but I'd hardly call it backs to the wall. We were set up to soak up pressure and attack when the opportunities presented themself. A counter-attacking system yes, backs to the wall no.

If we are going to go defensive it will be in the first 20 minutes when they will come at us like a steam train.

No point in throwing players forward because they will take advantage of the space left in behind. A similar tactical plan to the last 70 minutes last week would be perfect, let them have most of the ball and break quickly with McGinn, Hayes, Logan, Pawlett etc. when we win it back.

No point in throwing players forward because they will take advantage of the space left in behind. A similar tactical plan to the last 70 minutes last week would be perfect, let them have most of the ball and break quickly with McGinn, Hayes, Logan, Pawlett etc. when we win it back.

Precisely this. They will have to throw players forward and while I am certainly not advocating sitting as far in as we did last week in the first 10 mins, we can let them come to us. Then release the Pawlett / Hayes on the break.

Hopefully we get an early-ish goal and i won't be sitting in the RD biting my nails off again, like against Shkendija Another decent crowd too, looking forward to it. COYR

First time poster.

As long as we apply the same game plan we did in Croatia, our defence will do enough to see the game out. Can't act like the tie is over, it's not by a long way.

Anyone know of online TV coverage for tonight?

St Johnstone lost so therefore all Scottish football is sh*t.

With respect, how many Scottish clubs have actually blown a first leg lead in Europe in recent years? All this "defeat from the jaws of victory" stuff is a bit of a myth is it not?

First time poster.

As long as we apply the same game plan we did in Croatia, our defence will do enough to see the game out. Can't act like the tie is over, it's not by a long way.

Anyone know of online TV coverage for tonight?

Think it's on premier sports again.

Think it's on premier sports again.

It's not, they're showing West Ham. Thought it would've been on RedTV again like the last round but think that's just for international subscribers this time.

It's not, they're showing West Ham. Thought it would've been on RedTV again like the last round but think that's just for international subscribers this time.

Its being shown on Croatian TV so there should be a stream somewhere online.

Archived