The Famous Aberdeen's European Tour 2015/16

It's the perfect time to play Shankland, Smith, Robson etc. we have a good squad its up to Del to use it properly.

If we get to the groups if Europe it is a fantastic achievement and frankly I don't much care about the league if we do. Big euro nights are what the Dons are famous for, let's bring them back!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There's no way our second team is good enough to gamble on keeping things tight against a team of that quality. There's no need to rest anyone and we should be looking to get a result at Pittodrie for more cash, better coefficient points and a settled team for the next leg.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There's no way our second team is good enough to gamble on keeping things tight against a team of that quality. There's no need to rest anyone and we should be looking to get a result at Pittodrie for more cash, better coefficient points and a settled team for the next leg.

I agree.

I may be a glass-is-half-empty doom-monger but I'm not convinced this tie is done yet...

...God, I am a miserable git...

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Dundee Utd game after the (potential) trip to Kazakhstan.

Been looking at the Financial incentives surrounding our Euro jaunts.

Assuming we finish the job on Thursday, we'll make a minimum of just over £270,000 in prize money.

However, you'd have to imagine the cost of chartering planes at short notice and other costs associated would eat into that fairly significantly.

We'd get a parachute payment of just over £100,000 if we lost in the play offs but if somehow we reach the groups we get immediate prize money of just over £900,000 and then the costs are laid out as follows:

• Group match victory: €200,000
  • Group match draw: €100,000
  • Group winners: €400,000
  • Group runners-up: €200,000

Obviously haven't even taken into account ticket sales and TV money as yet.

#somoney

I really don't understand prioritising the EL over the league.

Games are better under the lights, i'd rather play a team for the first time in our club's history than play Dundee United for the millionth time, seeing our players play against better opposition this season will make other players want to join and make our players better for other league games.

Also we're the most successful Scottish club in Europe. We've got traditions to uphold.

Been looking at the Financial incentives surrounding our Euro jaunts.

Assuming we finish the job on Thursday, we'll make a minimum of just over £270,000 in prize money.

However, you'd have to imagine the cost of chartering planes at short notice and other costs associated would eat into that fairly significantly.

We'd get a parachute payment of just over £100,000 if we lost in the play offs but if somehow we reach the groups we get immediate prize money of just over £900,000 and then the costs are laid out as follows:

• Group match victory: 200,000
  • Group match draw: 100,000
  • Group winners: 400,000
  • Group runners-up: 200,000
Obviously haven't even taken into account ticket sales and TV money as yet.

#somoney

Actually, it might be more than that, as the payments have increased as of this season.

For teams not qualifying for the group stage.

From UEFA website:- In the UEFA Europa League, these solidarity payments will amount to: 200k in the first qualifying round, 210k in the second qualifying round, 220k in the third qualifying round and 230k in the play-offs (this latter, if not qualified to the UEFA Europa League group stage).

If we make the group stage then....

Group Stage fee 2.4m

Group Stage performance 360k win / 120k draw

KO Qualification bonus 500k winners/250k runners-up

Round of 32 500k

Round of 16 750k

Quarter-Finals 1m

Semi-Finals 1.5m

Final 6.5m winners / 3.5m runners-up

Market pool (152.4m)

It's the perfect time to play Shankland, Smith, Robson etc. we have a good squad its up to Del to use it properly.

If we get to the groups if Europe it is a fantastic achievement and frankly I don't much care about the league if we do. Big euro nights are what the Dons are famous for, let's bring them back!

Think folk are getting carried away, Rijeka are a good side and that could have turned out very differently last week. No way Mcinnes will bring in our 2nd string on Thursday and neither he should, I would be furious.

This tie is not done and dusted yet. If its 0-0 at half time on Thursday then maybe we'll talk.

Think folk are getting carried away, Rijeka are a good side and that could have turned out very differently last week. No way Mcinnes will bring in our 2nd string on Thursday and neither he should, I would be furious.

This tie is not done and dusted yet. If its 0-0 at half time on Thursday then maybe we'll talk.

As I said above, I was meaning for league games between big euro qualifiers. I want our top team in the euro games and the reserves in the league, see how far we can get this year!

It's a forum. Us talking about games in the future or speculating on who we could play has no effect on results.

This "we need to concentrate on XXX first". No, the players do. I don't need to prepare myself at all.

It's a forum. Us talking about games in the future or speculating on who we could play has no effect on results.

This "we need to concentrate on XXX first". No, the players do. I don't need to prepare myself at all.

Not what I meant.

I had originally thought RA had wanted us to play a 2nd string against Rijeka, which I was against, but I'd misunderstood.

So settle doon

Fook me lads this Thread is setting you up for disappointment and egg on your face you ain't through yet , if Aberdeen can score 3 in 90 minuits so can this outfit

I agree.

They won't though.

I hope you're right.

It is a testimony to the disappointments that Dons' fans have had over the last 25 years that even with a 3 goal lead going into the home leg some of us aren't counting our chickens yet. (Never mind their sheep.)

I hope you're right.

It is a testimony to the disappointments that Dons' fans have had over the last 25 years that even with a 3 goal lead going into the home leg some of us aren't counting our chickens yet. (Never mind their sheep.)

Quite sensible realy, the worst thing that can happen is that Aberdeen go out thinking its in the bag, I know if the score were the other way round then Aberdeen would most likely be resigned to defeat and not turn up on Thursday, but this team are from Croatia not Scotland. They probably won't have the Scottish fatalism that plagues every team in our country. Aberdeen need to treat this game like its 0-0 and the fans need to turn up in numbers and get behind them.

Last time I checked Aberdeen were a Scottish team. Only Scotland can salvage defeat from the clutches of victory

Archived