Do you still regularly read a newspaper?

Scary Bear

Newspapers  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A paper's always handy to take to read on the bog, and especially when you discover there's no loo roll.

Don't imagine wiping your arse with your phone would be much of a pleasure.

Does anyone actually wipe their arses with a newspaper or was it just made popular by Billy Conn

I've been offered a free Daily Record every morning for months in the Spar near work when I'm in for rowies and milk.

Not once have I accepted it, or seen anyone else. In fact I've seen folk ask the staff to stop asking if they want one.

Reassuring that the Record will likely soon die.

I've been offered a free Daily Record every morning for months in the Spar near work when I'm in for rowies and milk.

Not once have I accepted it, or seen anyone else. In fact I've seen folk ask the staff to stop asking if they want one.

Reassuring that the Record will likely soon die.

I was offered a free Sunday Mail a couple of weekends ago when buying some rolls for my (delicious) bacon and a glass bottle of (sugar free) Irn Bru. I too refused. There was a large stack of them on the counter. The next Sunday when I went in for a similar purchase, the lassie at the counter begged me to take one as they have to scan through a certain amount. She even said just take one and chuck it in the bin round the corner. Because she was nice looking, that's exactly what I did.

I used to buy the Guardian every day, as much for the culture review section and the travel as the news. I got fed up of it though as it got a bit too cringeworthy for my liking. I think I read one too many articles about "glamping" in a yurt.

I haven't bought a paper since I got a tablet last year and to be honest I spend more time playing Angry Birds than I do looking up the news.

Archived