Who will you take?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only player I would take is Goodwin, so we could bring him on with five minutes to go just to piss everyone off.

Having Wright and Goodwin together would be glorious.

Dons would be interested in McGinn at around 80-100k.

Btw to get the full compensation Saints will need to prove they offered McGinn an acceptable payrise (say salary + inflation) before he entered the last three months of his contract so March 31st for most players

Do your own research but the following may help ....

Note that John McGinn is 20 years old and played in the SPFL for the last 3 seasons playing nearly 100 games at the top level. Been with the Club since he was 6? Been thru all the development squads before landing his pro contract. Capped at Under 19 and 21 level and currently captain of Scotland U21. St Mirren manager GT stated only a week ago that he expects McGinn to be playing for St Mirren next season - the assumption here being that he has been offered a contract. St Mirren have rejected bids of six figures already as being derisory. Plenty of rumours in January of Celtic and a host of English clubs wanting him. All of the above would play a significant part in deciding his compensation.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/teale-only-ridiculous-money-will-see-mcginn-leave-st-mirren.115189004

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-united-bid-for-st-mirrens-john-mcginn-rejected/

St Mirren are effectively gone and I was wondering what still decent top flight players would you take from them. Preferably I would take Steven "Spear" Thompson. Still decent player IMO. Pity he plays for a god awful team...

:)

I'll take you and yer maw

I apologise if I upset you. I obviously mistook you for one of your fellow fans.

A compensation fee will always be a guess as it is a tribunal who set the fee. However they take into account many factors like how long has the player been at the Club ie how much have they invested in his development; has he played in the first team; at what level; how many games in the first team; has he any international honours; at what level; have there been previous bids; is there interest in the player from several sources? McGinn ticks all these boxes handsomely.

Charlie Telfer's compensation was £204,000 when he had played 0 games in the SPFL, 1 game in the Second Division, 0 games at Scotland U-21, TTFKAR spent less time developing him and there had no previous bids for him nor any other reputed interest. So a fee in excess of £204,000 would need to be someone's starting bid.

Dons would be interested in McGinn at around 80-100k.

Btw to get the full compensation Saints will need to prove they offered McGinn an acceptable payrise (say salary + inflation) before he entered the last three months of his contract so March 31st for most players

They'd have to wait till he signed a new deal with us and do a McLean on us in January to get him for that.

We offered him a new deal last year iirc. He has been weighing up his options. Too good to drop down to the Championship but is there a team in the UK willing to fork out the compensation fee?

I apologise if I upset you. I obviously mistook you for one of your fellow fans.

A compensation fee will always be a guess as it is a tribunal who set the fee. However they take into account many factors like how long has the player been at the Club ie how much have they invested in his development; has he played in the first team; at what level; how many games in the first team; has he any international honours; at what level; have there been previous bids; is there interest in the player from several sources? McGinn ticks all these boxes handsomely.

Charlie Telfer's compensation was £204,000 when he had played 0 games in the SPFL, 1 game in the Second Division, 0 games at Scotland U-21, TTFKAR spent less time developing him and there had no previous bids for him nor any other reputed interest. So a fee in excess of £204,000 would need to be someone's starting bid.

You have completely missed out the old firm factor which is an extra calculation used when OF players inexplicably decide to move to a diddy team. It's only ever happened once, telfer, and I believe they go through the process as above and then multiply it by 4.

Old firm tax.

Archived