Who will you take?

St Mirren are effectively gone and I was wondering what still decent top flight players would you take from them. Preferably I would take Steven "Spear" Thompson. Still decent player IMO. Pity he plays for a god awful team...

:)

post-54005-14304340118536_thumb.jpg

John McGinns been shite this season, strikes me as a jack of all trades type who'll never fulfill his apparent early potential.

Only player I would take is Goodwin, so we could bring him on with five minutes to go just to piss everyone off.

Only player I would take is Goodwin, so we could bring him on with five minutes to go just to piss everyone off.

St Johnstone already generate far too much seethe from some of United's mouth-breathing fans but this would up the rage levels to nuclear. Please make it happen.

If you're a top 6 club, then obviously no one, as your squad would instantly become weaker with the addition of any St Mirren player.

If you're a top 6 club, then obviously no one, as your squad would instantly become weaker with the addition of any St Mirren player.

Not the case for Dundee. McGinn and Mallan would improve our squad.

We still have Davidson, Roberts and Ferry as squad players in our midfield and both St Mirren players are upgrades on them. Probably not gonna be first picks every week but would enhance our squad.

Where is any spfl club getting the money to sign John McGinn outwith Celtic - pie in the sky. Mallan too is under a long contract so no deal their either. Thommo is done at prem level and as for the rest your all welcome.

Where is any spfl club getting the money to sign John McGinn outwith Celtic - pie in the sky. Mallan too is under a long contract so no deal their either. Thommo is done at prem level and as for the rest you're all welcome.

FTFY

We are due £250-300K compensation for McGinn and Mallan is on a long term contract. That rules out everyone except maybe Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Celtic. Tess and Dayton can still do a decent job in the SPFL and if Thommo regains his full fitness he could be an asset to a club. The rest I would not bother with although Naismith and Kelly are still young and now with 2 years SPFL experience under their belt.

We are due £250-300K compensation for McGinn and Mallan is on a long term contract. That rules out everyone except maybe Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Celtic. Tess and Dayton can still do a decent job in the SPFL and if Thommo regains his full fitness he could be an asset to a club. The rest I would not bother with although Naismith and Kelly are still young and now with 2 years SPFL experience under their belt.

Are St Mirren financially in a position to knock back a cheeky bid for Mallan that fans would find way below his true value though?

We're fucking Dundee FC mate - we'll pay you 300k for McGinn no bother. You'll only ever see 18k of it mind.

We are due £250-300K compensation for McGinn and Mallan is on a long term contract. That rules out everyone except maybe Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Celtic.

So everyone apart from the those clubs who might have a chance of signing him (not convinced that includes us). You'd imagine that Hearts and maybe Hibs/Rangers could push the boat out in the right circumstances.

I would certainly hope that United look at him if we sell anyone in the summer. Looks a cracking wee player who would probably do a better job in a stronger team.

Implying Dundee Football Club couldn't afford a player from relegated St Mirren is fucking hilarious.

M8 we'd buy your whole fucking team if we wanted, but we are aiming much higher than 12th next season.

Archived