Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

Exactly..

Always confuses me why the people who choose they Dont want to go to games (Their choice) and Dont give club money (Any business requires) but are first to be heard when club having to move to survive whether that be EK or Shetto .... Complete imbalance, No money through door no business can survive from a cafe to Clyde FC ....

Let me re mind everyone who wasnt there Mon night. Club needs a ground that provides a business model , Shettleston does that , We could play in any patch of ground from easterhouse to EK but if we cant run the club like a business like every other club from selling pies to pouring pints we wont survive and would be aswell staying at broadwood which i believe will kill us eventually...

No other location club was offered or viewed previously allows us to play the game and allow us to generate income so please directors get on with job in hand, Clearly several have got their own personal agenda from manager to chairman & they dont speak for the support, I call them the Minority

what he said

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the good old "true supporters" quote trotted out are the the same as "real supporters"?

AND OF COURSE THE 'FANS' MENTIONED IN AN EARLIER POST - THE INFERENCE BEING THAT HAVING A DIFFERENT OPINION ON PROGRESS MAKES YOU A 'FAN' NOT A FAN.

I have no idea whether the Shettleston deal is in any way attaractive, though clearly some posting here do. What will happen is that the new chairman/Board members will inherit whatever deal is done , so in my humble opinion those looking to step up should be getting involved now, before everyone resorts to the 'we inherited this mess' statements in 2017.

True supporters, real supporters, lifelong supporters - whatever!

The clue is in the name - supporter!

If you are staying away, you cease being a supporter and become a fan IMHO.

However, that's pedantic.

Why doesn't everybody get off their high horses and get their bums back on seats for the common good.

If you actually need an answer tot hat question , here's mine (others will be different)

The whole matchday experience over the last 5 years is not in any significant way attractive or engaging. A number of things led to my decision, and I have not regretted it, having attended about 4 or 5 games in the last 15 months. I still take an interest, so i still give an opinion on certain things, but the days of me turning up showing blind loyalty are gone.

Also - did you not stay away for a while?

If you actually need an answer tot hat question , here's mine (others will be different)

The whole matchday experience over the last 5 years is not in any significant way attractive or engaging. A number of things led to my decision, and I have not regretted it, having attended about 4 or 5 games in the last 15 months. I still take an interest, so i still give an opinion on certain things, but the days of me turning up showing blind loyalty are gone.

the last five or so games have been totally different to last season , the atmosphere in the ground is good and the team are responding I would say that it is now an enjoyment (really has been a chore at times ) going to games its the best team we have had for years and the football quality (last 5 games ) has been excellent

I can understand people not going to games but hopefully they will drift back.

i

Yes I did stay away for a while because of the name change. I make no excuses, I couldn't handle the (at the time) inevitable name change and sell out. But I kept my membership up to date.

Now that threat has been removed I've got a lot ( not all, but that's an age thing) of my enthusiasm back. I'm no particular fan of the Chairman but I would never let something like that stop me supporting the team and someone needs to do the job.

I no longer "blindly follow" and I do pick and choose my games more.

I fully understand your point of view and once you loose the habit, it's hard to get back into it again.

I just feel that we are a definite crossroads right now and it would be great to give the club the boost of higher attendances and all the old regulars got back on board irrespective of politics.

But then I'm an old dreamer

AND OF COURSE THE 'FANS' MENTIONED IN AN EARLIER POST - THE INFERENCE BEING THAT HAVING A DIFFERENT OPINION ON PROGRESS MAKES YOU A 'FAN' NOT A FAN.

I have no idea whether the Shettleston deal is in any way attaractive, though clearly some posting here do. What will happen is that the new chairman/Board members will inherit whatever deal is done , so in my humble opinion those looking to step up should be getting involved now, before everyone resorts to the 'we inherited this mess' statements in 2017.

exactly :thumsup2

you would think that the next chairman would have been identified and worki in tandem.for a smooth transition

The word "mortgage" was never mentioned as it is not relevant to the proposal.

What is the funding for the proposal?

I ended up unfortunately not making on Monday. I suppose it's just not obvious how we will take over a ground, renovate it, make money out of booze, food, etc while at the same time being told to be concerned over a 50k shortfall in the budget. It's legitimate to wonder exactly what the plan is and being told it is "too good to be true" so we should "STOFO" is a bit ridiculous (i know you didn't actually say that).

Oh the 50k is an issue! The funding of ground development and future control of the ground and club, that's social not football,

Is based on a new model. I'm not, wait yes I am , reluctant to say more because I appreciate the delicate nature of the negotiations with Hugh Kelly. If a member of the negotiation team were to comment, the Board, then I would say more .

Yip. It's all about the process of negotiation. Two parties involved in talks can't reveal anything more than the said both parties agree to reveal. Hugh Kelly does not need to show his hand in public so why should our board?

It would be impossible for us to impose confidentiality clauses on everyone of our members/owners.

Can I refer to my previous post? When more info is available via the Board, the more I can comment.

Personally? I think the plan is very attractive for both parties.

Yip. It's all about the process of negotiation. Two parties involved in talks can't reveal anything more than the said both parties agree to reveal. Hugh Kelly does not need to show his hand in public so why should our board?

It would be impossible for us to impose confidentiality clauses on everyone of our members/owners.

Can I refer to my previous post? When more info is available via the Board, the more I can comment.

Personally? I think the plan is very attractive for both parties.

Obviously the Board want to avoid putting things in writing because they end up here but can you tell us if the Board actually gave details of whether we would own the ground, how much it would cost to buy and/or renovate, estimated income we would get from it? i don't even want to know the answers on here. i'm just curious what, if any, level of details was produced at the meeting to make people tell us it is too good to be true...

Obviously the Board want to avoid putting things in writing because they end up here but can you tell us if the Board actually gave details of whether we would own the ground, how much it would cost to buy and/or renovate, estimated income we would get from it? i don't even want to know the answers on here. i'm just curious what, if any, level of details was produced at the meeting to make people tell us it is too good to be true...

Probably best to ask on the CIC Q&A.

It was made very clear at the AGM that stuff getting aired on P&B was not at all helpful to the negotiation process, indeed was hindering it. This is why, at last, people are reluctant to repeat too much on here. As far as I'm concerned there's still too much being put out.

Probably best to ask on the CIC Q&A.

It was made very clear at the AGM that stuff getting aired on P&B was not at all helpful to the negotiation process, indeed was hindering it. This is why, at last, people are reluctant to repeat too much on here. As far as I'm concerned there's still too much being put out.

Fair enough. Like i said I didn't actually want the details posted for that very reason. I just wanted to know if details were given.

Archived