Clyde FC 2015/16 Thread

just read the chairman's new years message a lot of it is what we all want and agree on and we should be encouraging fans to come back to games it's the one disappointment for me that in recent weeks we have seen no increase in crowds fingers crossed for tomorrow

but why did he have to have a dig at disgruntled fans :( why couldn't it been a totally positive message I know I will get pelters for this but that doesn't help to encourage people back to the ground

anyway who cares the team are doing fantastic the crowd are right behind them title party booked

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing Wrong with chairmans message and not a dig at disgruntled fans CFUK the way I read it

Would say he's Quite rightly having a go at some of the executive members who tried to put a spanner in the works of our proposed move to shettleston no doubt lead By an ex director who has put us in the shit to the some of 50k and on the back of that we could likely lose most of this seasons squad from this day onwards

Big difference

Roll on tomorrow , hopefully bigger crowd and nice to read BF comments on pre match thread

Foreva n eva

Ps. My bus full tomorrow from city centre , within last 12hours I've had request for another 8 seats , two from supporters who haven't been for 5-10years

Wish I'd known earlier in week and could have booked bigger bus before company closed for holiday

Nothing Wrong with chairmans message and not a dig at disgruntled fans CFUK the way I read it

Would say he's Quite rightly having a go at some of the executive members who tried to put a spanner in the works of our proposed move to shettleston no doubt lead By an ex director who has put us in the shit to the some of 50k and on the back of that we could likely lose most of this seasons squad from this day onwards

Big difference

Roll on tomorrow , hopefully bigger crowd and nice to read BF comments on pre match thread

Foreva n eva

Ps. My bus full tomorrow from city centre , within last 12hours I've had request for another 8 seats , two from supporters who haven't been for 5-10years

Wish I'd known earlier in week and could have booked bigger bus before company closed for holiday

good to hear that some of the "old boys on there way back":)

let's hope the crowds pick up from now till end of season a couple of hundred per home game makes a huge difference finances

Big difference

Foreva n eva

Broadwood should be rocking tomorrow same vocal support as last home game with a few added voices :) lovely jubbly

Ps going by twitter Linton loves his new song nice one PC:)

the players have all commented on the backing and great to see BF come out right after game and acknowledge the fans

let's be having you ha ha

just read the chairman's new years message a lot of it is what we all want and agree on and we should be encouraging fans to come back to games it's the one disappointment for me that in recent weeks we have seen no increase in crowds fingers crossed for tomorrow

but why did he have to have a dig at disgruntled fans :( why couldn't it been a totally positive message I know I will get pelters for this but that doesn't help to encourage people back to the ground

anyway who cares the team are doing fantastic the crowd are right behind them title party booked

Agree cfcuk. Good intentions but to say some supporters put more effort into finding reasons to be disgruntled than supporting the team/club is taking the piss considering it was him that caused the biggest rift in the support in living memory!

Its a new year so lets try and forget all the bad things that have gone on in the past. There is a big deficit to claw back and surely a winning team will attract more fans to the games. Promotion is a strong possibility and the move to Shettleston looks on the cards. Two big positives imho. Hopefully a win in front of a big crowd will keep the promotion run going.

Its a new year so lets try and forget all the bad things that have gone on in the past. There is a big deficit to claw back and surely a winning team will attract more fans to the games. Promotion is a strong possibility and the move to Shettleston looks on the cards. Two big positives imho. Hopefully a win in front of a big crowd will keep the promotion run going.

agree think that goes for everyone at the club

yeah we have a title party to organise

Evenin All. Wee idea for Saturday 9th Jan. Since we don't have a game that day , Weather permitting I'm suggesting as many clyde fans turn up at Shettleston juniors next sat for their league game v Kilbirnie ladeside Ko 1345 to show shettlestons club owner and team manager Hugh Kelly our support for our proposed groundshare, Wear a clyde scarf (Will be cold anyway) Bring the Flags and get Mr Kellys attention that we mean business and i firmly believe on the limited info we were given at recent AGM that moving to shettleston juniors could be the making of us. Junior social club open before games, Shows SKY TV football, Decent drink prices and im sure offers a lunch menu or did but will get it confirmed.Say just 50-100 clyde fans turning up noticed could help us in the long run, Either that or get dragged round the shops by those indoors...??!...Ps. Both Shettleston and cartyne stations within 5-10 min walk to ground & parking at ground aswell

Evenin All. Wee idea for Saturday 9th Jan. Since we don't have a game that day , Weather permitting I'm suggesting as many clyde fans turn up at Shettleston juniors next sat for their league game v Kilbirnie ladeside Ko 1345 to show shettlestons club owner and team manager Hugh Kelly our support for our proposed groundshare, Wear a clyde scarf (Will be cold anyway) Bring the Flags and get Mr Kellys attention that we mean business and i firmly believe on the limited info we were given at recent AGM that moving to shettleston juniors could be the making of us. Junior social club open before games, Shows SKY TV football, Decent drink prices and im sure offers a lunch menu or did but will get it confirmed.Say just 50-100 clyde fans turning up noticed could help us in the long run, Either that or get dragged round the shops by those indoors...??!...Ps. Both Shettleston and cartyne stations within 5-10 min walk to ground & parking at ground aswell

Great idea SSB????

On info i have . Yes to answer your Q

I've had a look on the Juniors Forum to see what Shettleston fans have to say about this proposal. Couldn't find anything. So I'd like to ask an honest question and you, as a proponent, seem the most likely to know the answer.

What's in it for Shettleston and ergo what have Clyde FC to bring to the table?

I've had a look on the Juniors Forum to see what Shettleston fans have to say about this proposal. Couldn't find anything. So I'd like to ask an honest question and you, as a proponent, seem the most likely to know the answer.

I don't know any details but the obvious explanation would be something like...

Splits the costs of any bills, stadium improvements paid for or at least split with Clyde, more use of social club and added revenue streams with sponsorship etc.

Bit of logical thinking goes a long way.

Evenin All. Wee idea for Saturday 9th Jan. Since we don't have a game that day , Weather permitting I'm suggesting as many clyde fans turn up at Shettleston juniors next sat for their league game v Kilbirnie ladeside Ko 1345 to show shettlestons club owner and team manager Hugh Kelly our support for our proposed groundshare, Wear a clyde scarf (Will be cold anyway) Bring the Flags and get Mr Kellys attention that we mean business and i firmly believe on the limited info we were given at recent AGM that moving to shettleston juniors could be the making of us. Junior social club open before games, Shows SKY TV football, Decent drink prices and im sure offers a lunch menu or did quest to but will get it confirmed.Say just 50-100 clyde fans turning up noticed could help us in the long run, Either that or get dragged round the shops by those indoors...??!...Ps. Both Shettleston and cartyne stations within 5-10 min walk to ground & parking at ground aswell

great idea could do with the extra support in our quest to remain in top league. Looking forward to you guys coming here permanent! Who's this gypsy guy surely not a Clyde fan?

Sorry not posting on here... It shouldnt becoming public knowledge until hopefully signed n sealed. Then the public will know

would be great to see Clyde fans turn up in numbers! Club does do food and should be a great game.

the sfa are going to rebuild the stadium use it for under 21 internationals pay for upkeep of facilities forcing at least one national cup semi finals to be played there oh and we are going to tag on to sponsorship for the national team to Clyde

totally new concept

would be great to see Clyde fans turn up in numbers! Club does do food and should be a great game.

I think their will be a good clyde turnout from people ive spoken to so far. Both clubs should consider a joint Season ticket idea aswell for the future for followers of both clubs who maybe cant manage every away game when either shettleston/Clyde away from home

I think their will be a good clyde turnout from people ive spoken to so far. Both clubs should consider a joint Season ticket idea aswell for the future for followers of both clubs who maybe cant manage every away game when either shettleston/Clyde away from home

another great idea some positive thinking here.

Archived